PDA

View Full Version : I found out about the dead dog....!!!

Canis-Lupess
04-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Today, I was speaking to a woman who lives just down from us who's dogs I posted photos of in the other thread and I told her about finding the dead dog. She asked where it was and when I said the general location, her face changed and she asked me what type of dog it was. When I described it, she said she knew who's it was and that it had drowned.

She went on to say that the owner was walking it about 2 months ago and the water was covered in ice. The dog ventured onto the ice and it broke and it couldn't get out. The owner saw her disappear under the water and he jumped in to try and save her but he couldn't find her.
He stayed there soaking wet for two hours hoping she'd reappear but nothing.

The woman said he had told her about it later and could hardly get the words out he was so gutted. He'd been down since to see if he could find her but he obviously hadn't.
Anyway, I told Marilyn that I'd called the dog warden and they'd sent two streetpride guys out to get her and she's been taken to be cremated.
She said she'd tell the owner when she saw him next so that he could finally get some closure to it all.
I did mention that it would be better off him not seeing her in the state she was in when I found her. If he had, that image would haunt him for the rest of his life. At least he can just remember her as she was when she was alive now.

elizabethann
04-06-2007, 04:01 PM
OMG...that is just so sad. But like you said, now the owner as some kind of closure. Poor dog...and poor owner. RIP sweet pup.

DrKym
04-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with that lady. The pups owner will at least have some closure. It was a wonderful thing for you to do.

critter crazy
04-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Poor Guy!! Like you said, at least he will have some closure. RIP sweet Doggy!

pitc9
04-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh how sad..... :(

At least like you said... the pups owners can have closure now.

lute
04-06-2007, 04:09 PM
How sad. atleast the owner will know that she's not still out there. :(

joycenalex
04-06-2007, 04:14 PM
how sad and how awful. may the owner find some peace now

Kfamr
04-06-2007, 04:15 PM
How upsetting, especially since the owner had to watch his dog drown. :(

Genny
04-06-2007, 05:10 PM
That's really sad, but it was good of you to tell the lady so she could tell the man about his dog. I know he's going to be upset, but I would want to know anything and everything if it was my dog, so I'm glad you found the dog and was able to let the owner know what happened to it.

Taz_Zoee
04-06-2007, 05:19 PM
((tears)) (and I'm at work)
That is so sad, but it's good that you are able to let the owner know the body has been taken care of.

BCollie_Kelly
04-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Oh my gosh, how sad. :( Like everyone has said, at least the owner now had closure.