PDA

View Full Version : How can I help Belle

sparks19
04-06-2007, 12:55 PM
As most of you already know... we lost our dear Teddy today to a VERY unforunate accident.

Belle is very upset that he is no where to be found. She just walks around wailing. We tried to give her a treat and she didn't want it. I hope she will eat later today. I can see it in her eyes that she is very upset.

How can I help her through this?

Whisk_Luva
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I am sure she will eat soon. Just give her loads of attention and cuddles and hopefully she will soon be back to normal... If not maybe you should consider getting her a new friend? Or if you are not ready for that take her round to her doggie friends houses!

Hope this helps :)

RIP Teddy :(

Glacier
04-06-2007, 01:33 PM
The same way your own heart will heal....time, time, time. Dogs grieve just like we do. Belle also knows that you are upset and reacts to that. Give her time, be gentle with both of you.

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

lute
04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Poor thing. Maybe take her on a walk. Let her know things are ok without her buddy. Time will definatly heal her.

shais_mom
04-06-2007, 02:10 PM
omg -
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

sparks19
04-06-2007, 02:13 PM
for now she seems to be easily consoled by some cuddles on the couch. She just lays down and goes to sleep in the midst of the cuddles.... but when she wakes up she cries and starts looking for him again.

Chilli
04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh my. :( I hadn't checked dog memorial yet today.

Ethan went through something similar when my dad passed away. It sounds like you need to just cuddle Belle and talk with her. Ethan didn't eat for almost two days... so I'm sure Belle will start feeling a bit better before too long. Ethan still searches for my dad sometimes, but he's doing okay now.
Give Belle a hug for me.

chocolatepuppy
04-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Lots of attention and reassuring her. When my Mandy died, Lacey was very scared and clingy. Mandy was the brave one and had always made Lacey feel more secure. In time Lacey was more relaxed about the situation.

critter crazy
04-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Just keep giving Belle lots of cuddles. She will make it through this just like you will. It will be hard, but the pain will slowly ease. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Kfamr
04-06-2007, 04:16 PM
HUH? What happened to Teddy?!?! :(
I hope Belle will be okay but now I must find out what happened to Teddy....

*edit*.... Nevermind.... I found the thread. :(

cyber-sibes
04-06-2007, 11:51 PM
:( Poor Belle. As Glacier posted, it just takes time. Star went through the same thing when our Rosie was hit by a car too. She was soooo depressed. I started taking her everywhere with me and spending as much time as I could with her. That seemed to help. She didn't eat for a while either.
(((hugs))), what a tragic loss.

*something else that Star did that might help Belle too, was that she carried around one of the toys she & Rosie played with together. It seemed very comforting to her. She still has it.