PDA

View Full Version : Our Teddy is gone.

Puckstop31
04-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Our Teddy passed away this morning. Tanya was taking him out for his business before she left for work. Somehow he broke off of his collar, ran into the street and was hit by a car. The lady driving the car was very upset, understanding and supportive.

Teddy did not die right away. A very kind soul named Kevin was passing by and stopped to help Tanya and our friend Margie who was there to pick Tanya up. Margie called me and I left right away and met Tanya, Teddy and Kevin at our wonderful vet.

Teddy passed away on the way to the vet with Tanya right there by his side. He was not in any pain and left this world peacefully. He is already at the bridge and probably has caught a few squirrels by now.

Goodbye my buddy, I will miss you like no other pet I ever had.

We will post a proper memorial in a few days.

Catty1
04-06-2007, 10:10 AM
I am so sorry...

I have heard of some drivers who just leave the scene - if Teddy was running, she likely had no notice - poor Teddy. I hope it helped somewhat that she did care.

HUGS to you. I am glad he felt no pain...but now you both are...

Prayers for peace coming your way.

DrKym
04-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Im so sorry. RIP Teddy

critter crazy
04-06-2007, 10:32 AM
:( OMG!! I am so sorry. I cannot stop crying. Teddy will be deeply missed! Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge Teddy.

Zippy
04-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I am so sorry.
Rest In Peace Teddy.

#1Wolflover
04-06-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm so sorry. May Teddy rest in peace.

Karen
04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh, how very sad! Our thoughts are with you both.

Have fun at the Rainbow Bridge, Teddy, you go say Hi to my Sheba for me, she likely knows all the best spots for critters to chase, because she's been there a long time.

chocolatepuppy
04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm so sorry about your Teddy. :( May he Rest in Peace.

pitc9
04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of Teddy's passing.

sparks19
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Thank you everyone.

this is just so hard. right now I am just emotionally numb. I want to cry more than anything but the tears just will not come.

I just feel empty.

Poor Belle is already missing him. She is wandering around the house looking for him and crying so much. I feel the worst for her.

We are having him cremated..... we will be bringing home his ashes next week and they are supplying us with a nice memorial plaque. We are going to plant a tree over half of his ashes and then keep the rest.

he was so special to us and we will always remember him. he had a short life but it was a full one and we are blessed to have been able to know him and love him.

I can't imagine any worse feeling than this.

Thank you all for your kind words. He will be greatly missed.

critter crazy
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Thank you everyone.

this is just so hard. right now I am just emotionally numb. I want to cry more than anything but the tears just will not come.

I just feel empty.

Poor Belle is already missing him. She is wandering around the house looking for him and crying so much. I feel the worst for her.

We are having him cremated..... we will be bringing home his ashes next week and they are supplying us with a nice memorial plaque. We are going to plant a tree over half of his ashes and then keep the rest.

he was so special to us and we will always remember him. he had a short life but it was a full one and we are blessed to have been able to know him and love him.

I can't imagine any worse feeling than this.

Thank you all for your kind words. He will be greatly missed. awww...Honey I am so sorry!! I cannot stop crying! Teddy was a doll and we will all miss him! Just know that he is painfree and playing hard at the Rainbow Bridge. If you need anything dont be afraid to PM me! Hang in there honey! Just give belle lots of hugs and kisses.

Daisy and Delilah
04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm so sorry. How awful for you all. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Rest in Peace Handsome Teddy :( Play hard at the bridge sweetheart :(

luvofallhorses
04-06-2007, 12:14 PM
OMG, I can't believe this! :( I was so hoping it wasn't "our" Teddy.. :( I am speechless. :( I loved Teddy as if he was my own. I am soooo sorry, sparks!! :( So very sorry.. :( you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS)))) we are here for you!!
Rest in peace sweet Teddy.. :(

Cinder & Smoke
04-06-2007, 12:19 PM
:(

I offer my deepest sympathies to you for the loss of dear Teddy.

God must have needed a "Special FurKid" for an important assignment at the Rainbow Bridge.

{{{Hugs}}}

/s/ :( Phred

chocolatepuppy
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Oh my, I didn't even realize this was your Teddy. :( :( :( I didn't recognize the username. I'm so sorry and poor Belle. :( {{{hugs}}}

sparks19
04-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Thank you all.

These words are very comforting. I know that Teddy knows how loved he was down here. I know he is happy and pain free now.

I still cannot cry.... I want to cry more than anything but I just can't feel anything yet. I am still hoping this is just some terrible dream and I am going to wake up any minute. I don't want to admit that this is real.

Vela
04-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh I'm so sorry!!! I know how much you loved him and tried to make his life the best it could be. I always loved hearing about him and seeing pictures of him and Belle. Hug Belle lots, I'm sure she does miss him too and it will be some comfort to have her there. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, I'm so sorry.

K9soul
04-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I am horribly sorry to see this news. I saw the thread title from the index area and felt my stomach drop. :( Teddy will be deeply missed. I always enjoyed his happy smile in your signature :(. I will keep you and Teddy in my thoughts.

Roxyluvsme13
04-06-2007, 12:57 PM
OMG, I just saw this and it has me in tears. I'm so, so sorry. (((HUGS)))

Jadapit
04-06-2007, 01:02 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I got sick to my stomach! I'm so very sorry this happened. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Flatcoatluver
04-06-2007, 01:11 PM
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry! You and your family will be in my prayers. I am just so speechless, I always loved seeing Teddy's pictures.

R.I.P Teddy, may you run and play hard at the bridge.

lute
04-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm so sorry about Teddy. He was such a sweet pup. Unexpected deaths are the hardest. We're here for you when you decide to break down and cry.
R.I.P. Teddy. :(

Giselle
04-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Ohhh my goodness :( I can't believe this.. My condolences go out to you and your family, including Belle. Run free, Teddy.

Genny
04-06-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm really sorry about Teddy. One of my ducks got hit by a car a week ago and I miss her so much! She was a sweet girl, and it sounds like Teddy was sweet too. I'm so sorry about it, but he's at the RB now, so try to think about him being there and how happy he is.

k9krazee
04-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I am soo sorry, my heart dropped as soon as I read the title too, praying that it wasn't "our" Teddy. :( I am so sorry for your loss ((((hugs))))

Teddy, rest easy big guy, and say hi to Simba for me.

shais_mom
04-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I am very sorry for your loss.

Chilli
04-06-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm so saddened to hear this. :( Seeing Teddy's happy face in your sig shows how incredibly happy he was with you. Try to take comfort in the fact that you gave a great life to a great dog.

I know what you mean by not being able to cry yet.. that happens to me. You'll find the right time to cry, and if you ever need anyone to talk to, all of us are here for you. =]

BIG ((((hugs))).

gini
04-06-2007, 02:22 PM
These losses are the most painful of all I have ever endured.

I am so very sorry that you have lost your beloved Teddy.

animal_rescue
04-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Awww RIP Dear Teddy, I'm so very sorry. :(

Toby's my baby
04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I am so very very sorry. :( Play hard at the rainbow bridge Teddy! :(

Freedom
04-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh NO! How horrible for all of you. I am so sorry for your loss.
Sandi

Alysser
04-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss of Teddy. I saw this thread and my stomach turned, this is just the saddest thing. :( Teddy was my favorite dog here on PT, I loved seeing pictures of your sweet boy. He looked like such a loving goofball. Again, I'm so sorry and I'm completely speechless and in tears. Please accept my deepest condolences.

Run free, Teddy. I'm so glad you aren't in pain any more.

{{{hugs}}} to you and your family, Sparks.

Kfamr
04-06-2007, 04:17 PM
:( :( :( I don't even know what to say. This is so upsetting. I am so sorry Tanya. Teddy was one of my favorites here and on Chaz.....

Rest well, sweet Teddy. :(

If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.

joycenalex
04-06-2007, 04:20 PM
i am so so sorry for your loss.

cmayer31
04-06-2007, 04:51 PM
RIP Teddy. I saw mention of this on the other thread about Belle and didn't want to believe it. I'm so sorry for your loss.

lizbud
04-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Rest In Peace Teddy :(

sparks19
04-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words and sympathies.... they mean more to us than you will ever know.

We are still all very sad and heartbroken.... but behind all of that the strangest feeling has fallen over the household. Behind all the sadness and grief.... there is a strange feeling of peace. It is so hard to explain but we all are feeling it.... even Belle is very calm.... she even ate a meal. We are still heart broken... no doubt about it.... but I know where Teddy is and I can venture to guess what he is doing at the bridge. I know he is happy, no fear, no pain, no sadness.

Daisy and Delilah
04-06-2007, 05:35 PM
{{{{{Hugs To All Of You}}}}} :(

kittycats_delight
04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I am just completely stunned. I haven't the words to decribe the shock and churning in my stomach. I just cannot believe it.

It really goes to show that no matter how careful we are and how protective we are we have to love our pets like each day was their last because sometimes there are things that just come out of no where and snatch them from us when we least expect it.

I am so very sorry. Teddy was a beautiful beautiful boy and I remember how excited you all were when you found Belle to be his new companion. Please accept my heartfelt sympathies.

Run free at rainbow bridge Teddy. I am sure my akita boy Shadow will become fast friends with you and keep you company and busy. Make sure you show Shadow the best way to catch though squirrels ok cause the only thing he could ever caught was his tail. Be free Teddy. We will miss you beautiful boy.

((((HUGS)))) to you all and give Belle a cuddle for me please.
Michelle

Taz_Zoee
04-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I read of Teddy's passing in General on the thread about Belle while I was at work and instantly came to memorial section hoping it wasn't true. There I am sitting at my desk crying. I had to call a co-worker to calm myself down.
It is so horrible when accidents happen and take our babies so quickly. I am glad to see the family seems to be at peace, Teddy must have let you know he is ok and is having fun at the Bridge now. He is having a blast with all the other RB doggies and will be there patiently waiting to be reunited with his family some day.
Poor Belle is missing her dear friend she had such a short time with. :(
All of you are in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Edwina's Secretary
04-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. Godspeed Teddy.

cyber-sibes
04-06-2007, 09:15 PM
:( I'm soooo sorry to hear about Teddy. I just don't know what to say right now. You're in my prayers. (((hugs)))

Run and play with all our Bridge pups, Teddy, you have lots and lots of company up there!

Ginger's Mom
04-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I am so sorry. I was reading a thread and General about Teddy and Belle going to the park and thinking how fun, when I came to Terry's post about his passing. :( What a horrible shock. I am so very sorry. :(

Blue_Frog
04-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy :( RIP --- thoughts are with you Tanya & hubby :(

K9karen
04-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I was so shocked and numb, I couldn't reply yesterday. There are no words to tell you how sorry I am. {Hugs}

buttercup132
04-06-2007, 11:54 PM
It's always sad reading threads of dogs dying but when it's a PT's very own it just hurts so much more:( Now he will be pain free aswell from his foot problem. R.I.P Teddy.

dab_20
04-07-2007, 12:34 AM
I just saw this now.. what a shock. :( I'm soo sorry to hear about Teddy, what a hard way to lose such a wonderful dog. I just am speechless. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Play hard at the bridge, Teddy.

wombat2u2004
04-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news Sparksy old mate....I'm sure Teddy is gonna be looked after real well where he is going.
All the best now mate.........
Wom

Cataholic
04-07-2007, 06:48 AM
How awful. I am so sorry. RIP, Teddy.

Sudilar
04-07-2007, 07:05 AM
How horrible!!! I am so sorry that this happened to poor Teddy! My heart goes out to you. RIP, Teddy...play hard at RB. Hugs.

JenBKR
04-07-2007, 08:18 AM
I am just now seeing this. I am so sorry. R.I.P. dear Teddy, play hard at the bridge :(

Puckstop31
04-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Thank you all...

As I sit here, covering my keyboard in tears, I can only think of one thing that I regret. I regret that our baby to be will not get a chance to know Teddy. I know he would have been wonderful with our baby.

Teddy, my sweet "squishy monster", I miss you very much. Run fast and run long at the bridge. We will be together again someday, going for long walks in the garden.

BCollie_Kelly
04-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh my god. :(
Words cannot even begin to describe how sorry I am for you.
You, your family, and especially Teddy will all be in my thoughts.

Rest in peace, sweet Teddy.

sparks19
04-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Thank you all.

This is definately the hardest thing we have ever had to deal with... it's like losing a child... he was our child.

We just keep wondering when the pain is going to start to go away. It's only been one day but it feels like an eternity.

We are just so lucky to have such wonderful friends to stand by us in this time.

We are heartbroken.... but we will always remember him, always love him, and always miss him.

sabies
04-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear. RIP Teddy, you are missed.

Whisk_Luva
04-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Play hard at rainbow bridge, how old was he?

sparks19
04-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Play hard at rainbow bridge, how old was he?

he was only 2 1/2 :( much too young to be snatched away so suddenly.

Marigold2
04-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh I am so deeply sorry.........................

I_luv_rusty
04-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow. I just saw this thread now. I though it wasn't the Teddy we all know when I first saw it, because it wasn't posted by you. Rest in peace sweetheart. :(

wolf_Q
04-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy. :( Have fun at the bridge sweetie, everyone will miss you. :(

Sevaede
04-08-2007, 12:50 AM
***HUGS***

I am shocked and so very, very sorry. :( Teddy was such a cute and funny pup! :(

R.I.P. have a good splash dear Teddy. :(

kallisto4529
04-08-2007, 03:56 AM
I just saw this, i am so very sorry for your loss!!! my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Whisk_Luva
04-08-2007, 04:55 AM
2 1/2 thats young but those years he was with such kind loving owners, it made up for only being on this world for 2 1/2 and now he will have very happy years at rainbow bridge, waiting for you to meet him there.

anna_66
04-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear this:(

RIP Teddy

sparks19
04-08-2007, 12:08 PM
2 1/2 thats young but those years he was with such kind loving owners, it made up for only being on this world for 2 1/2 and now he will have very happy years at rainbow bridge, waiting for you to meet him there.

Yes it was very young... but I know he had a very full life and got to do a lot of cool stuff....

he even got to live in two different countries... lucky boy. He definately made the MOST of his time here.

Like my mom tells me... he was here to teach us something. I know he taught me a lot... and I will be a better parent because of the time I got to spend with him. it taught me a lot about unconditional love and and helped prepare me for the responsibilities of parenthood. He taught me so much and we will always remember him.

Alysser
04-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm still in shock that this is our very own, Teddy. I miss him so much, even though I didn't know him. I will always miss pictures of him. Sparks and Puckstop, I'm again sorry for the loss of teddy. He was such an amazing boy, and again here come my tears... :(

RIP sweet boy, you will always be my favorite dog on PT.

Kalya173xo
04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I am in tears for you! aww i am so so sorry i went threw somehting bad also but thank god he is good. but your dog AWWW i am truly sorry
forever more

TEDDY ~

Whisk_Luva
04-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Love you Teddy! I never met you but I will miss your cute photos!

carole
04-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I am very sorry for your loss,very tragic accident,rest in peace lil one, and when your tears are ready to flow they will, take care and hugs to you all at this difficult and sad time in your life.

AdoreMyDogs
04-10-2007, 12:00 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :( Teddy was really cute :( I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

ramanth
04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
:( :( I am SO sorry for your loss. RIP Teddy. You were taken too soon. :( :(

Pembroke_Corgi
04-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I can't believe I'm seeing this. I'm so sorry for your loss of Teddy. :(

Danegirl2208
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
im just now seeig this :( i am so sorry, i dont even know what to say...im in shock..

hugs to you :(

Lori Jordan
04-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear the loss of your dear beloved Teddy,It is very hard loosing a loved one.

You will never recover from his loss,I too lost my beloved Bandit,My australian shepherd he was just a year old,Too the same thing,But the people just took off,And sadly i had too put Bandit too sleep he was hanging on to life but he was so injured there was nothing i or the vet could do.

Rest Well handsom Boy,You will be dearly missed.

Hugs too you and your loved ones!

sparks19
12-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Merry Christmas my SWEET SWEET boy.

We love you more than you could possibly know

I felt you a couple weeks ago... I want you to know that I know it was you touching me because I had been crying over you.

We love you so very much. I will be bringing a biscuit to your tree tomorrow for you.

Words can't express what a bittersweet Christmas this is. We wish you could have met Hannah. We know you would Have watched over her and protected her.

But we believe that you have sent Beezer to us to do the job you cannot do right now. everyone who meets him believes he has your spirit.

Please know that we love you. that we think of you everyday and the pain of losing you is still so fresh. Merry Christmas my dear boy. I hope you have a good one at the rainbow bridge.

We love you more than you will ever know.

loveallfurryfriends
12-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Merry Christmas Teddy! Have a big feast with your new pals @ the bridge, and play hard!! Watch over your mommy and daddy until you can all be together again. My thoughts are with you and your family.