PDA

View Full Version : Update On Starr-New Update 4-8-07

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Hi, I thought that I'd give you an update on Starr. He's been doing very well and is now making tootsie rolls instead of pancakes in the litterbox.:) He's also gained some weight back so he isn't as bony as he was before. His fur and whiskers are also starting to look better and he's feeling so much better too.:)

He's now taking the pred 1 time a day and will do so for almost 2 more weeks or so. Then I have to ask my vet how much I should give him. I'm hoping that I'll be able to gradually wean him off of this. He's eating the Hills Prescription Z/D diet and he loves it. I tried mixing the Natural Balance Vension & Green Pea 50/50 with it but he wasn't doing as well on it. He prefers the Hills Z/D so this is what he'll be eating even though it has some ingedients that I don't like in it. Thanks again for all of your previous concerns and prayers for him.:)

Sevaede
04-05-2007, 01:37 AM
WOOHOO! Very good! :D We're very happy for Starr and meowmie! :D

Killearn Kitties
04-05-2007, 03:06 AM
This is very hopeful news, Tracey. I hope Starr just keeps getting better and better. :)

ChrisH
04-05-2007, 04:14 AM
I'm so happy to hear your beautiful boy is doing so well. :D

Prayers and good thoughts continuing.

jenluckenbach
04-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Thank goodness that he is doing better :D :D

Medusa
04-05-2007, 07:35 AM
The things we celebrate; tootsie rolls instead of pancakes. JUST KIDDING! I'm glad Starr is doing so much better. :)

K & L
04-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Tracey I'm so glad Starr is making progress. He sure was one lucky kitty when he fell into your caring hands.

Laura's Babies
04-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Great! I hope he continues to move forward and stay well!

catnapper
04-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Thank goodness! I am so happy to hear that he's doing well and starting to look healthy again.

ramanth
04-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Great news! :D

Catty1
04-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Aww. that is SO great! Bless you for taking such good care of Starr! :)

Felicia's Mom
04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
That is great news, and I hope Starr continues to do better!:D

kuhio98
04-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm so glad to know that Starr is feeling better. That little boy sure has had more than his share of medical problems! Let's hope this is the last of them.

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone :) but now I think I spoke too soon.:( I guess I should say he sometimes has tootsie rolls. This morning he had a big accident in the hall way and there were several piles of mushy poo.:( He also started sneezing a little bit last night and he's still having some sneezing attacks and sniffling this morning.:( I sure hope that it's nothing. Sunny has also had some sneezing going on the past few days but I think it's only allergy related. Does the prednisolone weaken Starr's immune system? My new vet is off until Sunday so I'm going to keep a close eye on Starr and I hope that I won't need to bring him in. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

K & L
04-05-2007, 10:35 AM
We have some of ours sneezing also. I know it's allergy season for us, maybe them too?

emily_the_spoiled
04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Tracy, unfortunately you are correct in assuming that prednisolone will weaken his immune system. It sounds like it could either be allergies (like the rest of us have right now :rolleyes: ) or Sunny was 'generous' and shared his germs...

Catsnclay
04-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Does the prednisolone weaken Starr's immune system?

YES!

Prednisone DOES weaken the immune system and doctors tell patients (humans) to be careful because they can pick up anything!

Call or go to the vet ASAP - the very last thing you need right now is for Starr to come down with something! You may have to put him in a room all by himself until this passes.

You, and Starr have been through quite a lot these past few weeks, the last thing he & you need is a set back!

All medicines have their drawbacks.......

Thanks for posting Tracey - I've been a little absent minded lately :rolleyes:

How is the rest of your family?? Ziggy.....Pearl.....Storm....etc.

catmandu
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
We Are Sorry To Hear That Starr Has Has A Setback,
And We Are Renewing Our Prayers That He Will Turn The Corner Healthwise And Be A Helathy Happy Cat.
Theres A Delegation Of Angels Coming Over The Weekend With Safe Food And Treats For Your Little Super Starr, So He Wont Miss A Thing!!

phesina
04-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Prayers that Starr will overcome his setback and be back to full health before long.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Here I was, already for a whooo hoooo, when I read your second uppydate.

I may be in the minority here, but I really believe that for all the bad rap pred. gets, it really does more good than harm.....at least in the case of the many times I've used it. Peanut was on it for years a few years ago - 1/2 one every other day - and she lived to be 18 1/2. Also, I don't think the "bad ingredients" in the Z/D will do Starr any harm at all. T & P were both on Science Diet foods their entire lives, and they both lived to be 18 1/2. CJ & R are now both on it now too, and they are both as healthy as can be.

Tracey, I don't mean to make light of your misgivings about Starr's treatment, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about....unless he did pick up a few sniffles from Sunny that is. ;)

Hugs to you because I know how frustrated you must be by Starr's continuing diarrhea, and gentle smoochies to Starr with hopes for both of you that a viable solution is found real soon. :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-08-2007, 02:07 PM
I didn't want to update you about Starr until now because I didn't want to jinx myself again. I was all ready to take Starr to see his new vet today but I didn't have to because he's finally do doing well again.:) Even though his new vet was booked she had her assistant call me this morning around 9am and he was going to squeeze me in. They're so nice.:)

Starr stopped sneezing on Saturday and now has a few sniffles here and there but he's a very happy boy now. He's also been using his litter box again and will hopefully continue to do so. Thanks again for all of your concerns and prayers for him.:)

This morning I got up to feed the furkids and then I went back to bed for a while. I had Storm, Sunny, Sky,and Starr with me. Storm was cuddled up with me on left side and Starr was cuddled up with me on my right side and purring very loudly. This was a wonderful way to spend my Easter morning.:)

Barbara
04-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I am so glad I didn't read all details of the thread before now :)
I think little Starr has been through so much already- I am glad he is feeling better now and cuddling with you and Storm :)

Randi
04-08-2007, 02:25 PM
That's great news! :) I'm so glad Starr is feeling better and even want to join the cuddle sessions. It seems the medicine did work. :)

Zippy
04-08-2007, 02:59 PM
That's wonderful that Starr is feeling better!

momcat
04-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Each and every Sunday morning during our church service, I quietly pray for all animals, those of endangered species, ferals & strays, and especially for our special companions here at PT who are sick, injured, or lost. Please be assured that Starr was remembered in prayer this morning. How good to know that he's eating and getting in on your snugglefests. Give Starr all the love you can now and keep watch on his condition. Don't hesitate to call your vet if something doesn't seem quite right if only for your peace of mind. My prayers continue.....

ChrisH
04-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Wonderful! :D :D :D