PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #206 - Easter Parade!

RedHedd
04-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I guess everyone's out shopping for their Easter bonnets, Mario. Looks like it's just you and me, kid. Let's start coloring Easter eggs! I'll start hardboiling the eggs, you mix the dye. Maybe Gini will stop by with some Peeps.

We're going to need a whole slew of Peeps here in San Francisco. We're decorating the Peep-mobile for the Union Street Easter Parade. Oh, they're using Pez too - it's going to be phun!

Oh, dear. Mario! Your tongue is purple! :eek:

DrKym
04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry RH was out buying Easter treats for the bar ! I brought these chocolate bunnies just for you though! The stores were wiped out of peeps I thinks gini arrived before me, but I did manage to snag all their pez!

Could I have a Vodka and 7 PLEASE! the stores were a madhouse!
Mario put that fake grass back! No dont strew it all over like that :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
04-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Chocolate bunnies. Now that sounds good. Didn't know there was a peepmobile.

lbaker
04-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I call dibbies on the chocolate bunny ears :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I brought the Easter bonnet....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/pc25fc6d4bf616c1d6be9e188883bd997/edf6aa85.jpg

Anyone for a slice?

Killearn Kitties
04-05-2007, 11:25 AM
:eek: Good heavens! I'm not sure I would want to eat anything that colour! It's only once a year, I suppose. Oh go on - and I'll have a chocolate bunny too please.

Blue_Frog
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Wish me luck, i'm going to brave making Pysanky Eggs this year (also known as Ukranian Easter Eggs) -- if they work out i'll post some pictures. In the meantime, heres some from Google Images - Pysanky (http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=Pysanky&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2)

Also, since its a chocolate theme, can I have a chocolate martini please? :D

Killearn Kitties
04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh good plan! I'll have one of those as well as everything else! :D

Those eggs look awfully elaborate! Have you been doing a bit of practice?

Blue_Frog
04-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Oh good plan! I'll have one of those as well as everything else! :D

Those eggs look awfully elaborate! Have you been doing a bit of practice?
Nope, no practice... i'm gonna jump in feet first (like all my craft projects), and see what happens :D

*it may turn into a tragic mess, but we'll see!*

momoffuzzyfaces
04-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I have more PEEPS too!!!

Can you believe it? We are to get SNOW tonight!!! WHAH!!! There goes my lilacs!!! :(

It was almost 90 two days ago!!!

Hi, Mario! You look cute with a purple tongue!!! Now leave that cake alone. You can't wear it!!! :eek:

Killearn Kitties
04-05-2007, 02:20 PM
MOFF!!! Snow!!! When lilacs are out? :eek: You're kidding!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-05-2007, 02:26 PM
MOFF!!! Snow!!! When lilacs are out? :eek: You're kidding!
:( Sadly, I'm not!!! I feel so gyped!!! I waited all year for them to bloom, now SNOW!!! At least I got hundreds of pictures to hold me until next year!!! The pictures just don't smell as good though!!! :D

lbaker
04-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Three days ago it hit 80 degrees and this morning on my way to the metro I looked out the bus window and it was SNOWING :eek: Just a few light flurries but still!! Oh great... Mario has icing in his ears :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
While we're on a chocolate theme, I think I'll take a cup of coffee with some Godiva chocolate liqueur in it.

On second though, I'll take a pot of coffee with the Godiva in it.

Can I steal some of the peeps, Gini? Chocolate doesn't travel well, and I'm off on the road to OK again this weekend.

cassiesmom
04-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Edwina's Secretary, I think that Easter bonnet is too pretty to eat! Blue Frog, I hope your Pysanky eggs turn out beautifully. Lady's Human, I'll put on another pot of joe so I can have a cup with Godiva liqueur in it, too. You all can have my jelly beans and chocolate Easter eggs. I'm holding out for Easter Sunday for blessing bread (sweet bread with golden raisins - delicious toasted and doesn't even need butter). I'm being lazy this year and getting it at the bakery. It's hard to wait - I wonder what would happen if I eat it before it's been blessed? Mario, is that Easter egg dye on your fingers?

RedHedd
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Mario, is that Easter egg dye on your fingers? It's on his fingers, his tongue, his toes, his ears .... he's a walking, fluffy Easter .... monkey! :D Actually he looks a lot like a furry Peep!

I'll take some chocolate bunny tails and get back to work :cool:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/M_Grace1215/5f62cebc3462991b5bf391b9c8db6213.png

Edwina's Secretary
04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey KK! Is today's POTD a friend of yours? I see she lives in your neighborhood....

I guess that means we are drinking Scotch today?

Marigold2
04-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I am in the mood for some good English tea and some moist lemon pound cake.

gini
04-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Really crazy day - don't even have time to stop for a drink..............

Just came by to wave "hi" to everyone - see you tomorrow though!

cmayer31
04-06-2007, 12:47 AM
What a day, what a day! I can't believe that Easter is so almost here! I haven't made plans with the family or anything, and I still feel like I'm a month behind the current date. I guess all the peeps popping up should have been a sign, but I swear I'm still stuck in March. :eek:

However, in honor of chocolate I think I'll have a Godiva Chocolate Martini :D

ES, that bonnet looks delicious! What flavor is under the glowing frosting? **crosses fingers** please let it be chocolate. ;)

cyber-sibes
04-07-2007, 10:09 AM
LOL! I love your Easter bunnies, Redhedd! *edit* I sent it along with my Easter e-greeting to all my friends & family!

While we're on a chocolate theme, I think I'll take a cup of coffee with some Godiva chocolate liqueur in it.
If LH didn't drink it all, I'd like some chocolate coffee too. I haven't been around for a couple weeks - been busy packing up boxes for moving. Do you think I could borrow Mario to stack them up real high for me? Or maybe Orc...
Happy Easter everyone!

Killearn Kitties
04-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey KK! Is today's POTD a friend of yours? I see she lives in your neighborhood....Wasn't that a cute little Easter piggy?! I hadn't spotted her until you pointed her out. Thanks for that.

I haven't been around for a couple weeksYes, I noticed that! Didn't realise you were moving. Good luck!
I would definitely recommend Orc over Mario. DavidP is great with the remote.

Randi
04-07-2007, 01:06 PM
All this talk of chocolade... now you've made me go search in the kitchen cupboards for some. I found it!!! :D And I'll have a coffee Merenge with that. ;)

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Catsnclay
04-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Wish me luck, i'm going to brave making Pysanky Eggs this year (also known as Ukranian Easter Eggs) -- if they work out i'll post some pictures. In the meantime, heres some from Google Images - Pysanky (http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=Pysanky&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2)

Wow, you just brought back childhood memories! :D My father's parents were from the Ukrainian region and as a child I remember my grandmother doing these with us!

It was actually very easy, just a lot of time involved.

So...............how did they turn out?????

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Did I hear someone mention chocolate? YUM!!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

Gosh, Mario, where did you get your fancy chapeau? :D
Looks great, even with the bananas on it!! :D

davidpizzica
04-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Wasn't that a cute little Easter piggy?! I hadn't spotted her until you pointed her out. Thanks for that.

Yes, I noticed that! Didn't realise you were moving. Good luck!
I would definitely recommend Orc over Mario. DavidP is great with the remote.
CS. I'll get some fresh batteries for the remote and Orc and I will be right over!

cassiesmom
04-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Rant, this is SO not funny. Easter has come and gone. There are buds on the trees and tulips and daffodils are starting to bloom. Then what is up with this weather report?

Wednesday: Winter Weather Advisory for Chicago, Snow Advisory north suburbs, rain/snow, 6 or more inches near the Wisconsin border, perhaps a slushy inch in the city, all rain south suburbs, 40. Wednesday night: Cloudy, rain/snow ending, 32.

Snow Advisory?!?! :mad:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I so totally agree with you cassiesmom!!!

My poor beautiful lilacs are now all brown and drooping. Even the leaves are drooping from the freezes we've had. We are to have more freeze warnings and even SNOW possible over the weekend. Half of the Kansas wheat crop has been lost I hear!!! :(

Never believe the groundhog!!! He fibs!!!