PDA

View Full Version : Mom getting operation......

Husky_mom
04-04-2007, 12:52 PM
My mom is getting operated today......

a week ago she had this pain that kept her up all night, yesterday she had it again so she went to take some tests....... well she developed stones.... so she´s going in for surgery today at 6 p.m....... PT vibes welcomed

Lobodeb
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Gall stones? La Visicula?

I've heard that is very painful.

Prayers on the way to your mom.

Karen
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
She'll be in our prayers.

Husky_mom
04-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Gall stones? La Visicula?

I've heard that is very painful.

Prayers on the way to your mom.

that very same I just didn´t knew how to spell it.....

thanks

Daisy and Delilah
04-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Poor Mom :( My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Feel better Mom!! :)

DrKym
04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Candles and Prayers lit! Speedy recovery to her and hugs to you!

Catty1
04-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Prayers to you and your mom! I hope she is comfy and heals quickly!

Freedom
04-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Sending up prayers for both of you!!

Vette
04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Awww. all paws an fingers crossed for you guys

Marigold2
04-05-2007, 10:02 AM
How is your mom doing?

cyber-sibes
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Saying prayers for your mom's full recovery. I hope she feels better soon.

Husky_mom
04-05-2007, 12:01 PM
thanks for your prayers and thoughts....... she´s fine she just got discharged right this very second........everything went well..... they wanted to explore if any stone had moved so they can take them all out to prevent a pancreatitis...... none went "traveling"... now all she needs is to rest for a while and stay away from some few things......

and on another note her birthday is tomorrow......... :rolleyes: what a crappy way to be....... but we´ll make her be comfy and all.......

I´m a bit concerned but not that much, althought I´m not sure if I should be more concerned...... my father also had some stones removed (well, when he went to the OR he passed them, my sister also had a mini stone or so she thought, now my mom...... could I be next?..... I mean I am carnivore and eat tons, literally tons of cheese.......and those things can create stones.... what do you think?? should I be more concerned?

Kfamr
04-06-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm so sorry I did not see this thread sooner.

I'm glad all is well. Although she may not be feeling well, atleast she's got something to be happy about for her birthday - she's out of the hospital! :)

Catty1
04-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Glad to hear all went well! Happy Birthday to your mom - hopefully she has some painkillers that will allow her to enjoy the day a bit.

I would say to talk to your doctor about cheese and stones. But if you already know they cause stones - you might want to ask him about preventatives. Acidic juices (cranberry, etc?), or Google some info.

Hugs to your mom and all your family! :)

Lobodeb
04-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I´m a bit concerned but not that much, althought I´m not sure if I should be more concerned...... my father also had some stones removed (well, when he went to the OR he passed them, my sister also had a mini stone or so she thought, now my mom...... could I be next?..... I mean I am carnivore and eat tons, literally tons of cheese.......and those things can create stones.... what do you think?? should I be more concerned?

In my family, no one dies with a gall bladder. At some point, almost everyone ends up getting it removed. It started with my mom's mom. Both my mom and one of her sisters had it removed and so did my brother. Even one of my cousins younger than me had hers removed. On my dad's side, both of his parents had theirs removed. My dad had 4 sisters and 2 brothers, 3 of the girls had it out and one of the guys did. Stragely enough, I still have mine and don't (knock on wood) have any problems. I actually had a doctor suggest removing it as a preventative measure.

pitc9
04-07-2007, 11:24 AM
So sorry I'm only just seeing this now...
Glad she's on her way to feeling better!
I hope she found a way to still enjoyed her birthday!

Killearn Kitties
04-07-2007, 12:48 PM
I didn't see your thread last week, I'm sorry.
I am sure that your mum enjoyed her birthday - being out of hospital is a big lift in itself!

Randi
04-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I hope your mom is feeling better now! My mom had them too and had them removed, she went on recreation for 6 weeks after that to make sure she didn't move around too much. Hope I don't get them!