PDA

View Full Version : Sad News Philip is spraying!

catmandu
04-04-2007, 09:54 AM
At the Pampered Feline.
When hes in his cage hes fine, but when hes out hes very defensive around other Cats and sprays.
Thats not good for his chances at adoption at all of course.
Please pray that they can make him not so scared, where he runs and tries so hard to define his territory.
Its hard for Philip having had to fight the Bigger Cats and even Dogs for his food all his life.

Freedom
04-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Ah Phillip, GEEZ, you don't want to ruin your chances, fella!

Gary, do you use either Comfort Zone or Feliway? Those may be just enough to calm him.

Laura's Babies
04-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Maybe he just needs a place where he can stay outside. If he has had to fight for food and defend his territory all his life, that is all he knows. I don't like them being outside but sometimes the circumstances just call for that.

cassiesmom
04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
To RB Churchill and Poco - please send Philip some of your angel meows so he will calm down and stop spraying ... poor sweet boy ...

catmandu
04-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Philip is not with me anymore he is at the Pampered Feline Boarding Facility where they allow the Animal Welfare Association to have Cats for people to see and hopefully adopt.
I am not sure what they are using to calm Philip down.
I think that he may go back to the Vets office which was cosier and he got on so well with the Older Cats there.
I think that that place is too open and he is not social at play time at all.
I pray that Philip can find peace of mind.

phesina
04-04-2007, 02:30 PM
We pray that he can find peace of mind too, and a comfortable place to stay as he interviews potential furrever homes.

Pat and cats

Medusa
04-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Aw, poor boy, I hope he calms down and that things go well for him.