PDA

View Full Version : An April Fool joke locally

Freedom
04-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I jsut had to share this one, it is still cracking me up!

Someone placed a post on the local craigslist. it read:

divorce final; lots of free stuff.

Text said:

most everything you would find in a home. come and get it.

and it gave an address.

Well, later in the day, posts started showing up. Rather irate posts. The address was for the local Salvation Army store! The person posted a reply after the first 2, saying April Fool! I thought it was a nice day for a drive! That didn't stop folks from posting afterwards, warning of the "scam."

Well, I did NOT go. So I found it VERY funny. But I can imagine some people were not too pleased.

Maybe I have a weird sense of humor?

mike001
04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
I guess it would be funny as long as you didn't drive out there...lol...

Marigold2
04-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Great joke.

catnapper
04-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Idiots for driving out there! They should be smacked over the head for thinking they were getting something for nothing! I think its funny too -- if only for their reactions!

critter crazy
04-03-2007, 07:42 AM
He he he he he!! When we lived in Albany, a guy did something similar, he posted an add stating he wanted used tires, that it was free to just drop them off in his fron yard, posted the adrees, and within the first few hours of the ad being run, the font yard was full of tires! There were a maountain of used tires, by the end of the day! Problem was he posted his Ex-wifes addy! they had just got Divorced, and she got everything, so He figured hewould give her some more, since it costs 5$ a tire for disposal fees!!!:eek:

mike001
04-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Now that one is hilarious, that guy had a great sense of humor (or a need for revenge...lol...)