View Full Version : INTERNET FRAUD(pretending to be Samsung)! Please Read to keep yourself safe!

king2005
04-02-2007, 03:42 PM
There is somone from Japan sending out emails pretending to be Samsung. The email is stating that you have won 700,000.00 British Pounds (over 1 million in Canadian Dollars)...

THIS IS FAKE!!!

As many of you know I work for Samsung, and have been told it is 100% fake!
Samsung has all its promotions on its website. For Canada its www.samsung.ca & for the usa its www.samsung.com ...

If anyone gets a copy of this email, can you PLEASE send me a copy (I don't have a copy) & post it here.. IF someone else gets a simular copy please post that one as well... It'll help us keep on top of this.

Thanks & remember NEVER EVER give out any personal information out on the internet unless your 100% sure its legit. If your not sure, contact the company through your phone book, or through the operator.. remember some of these people are super sneeky & they'll make fake websites to look like the real one.

Please cross post so no one gets scammed!!!

DrKym
04-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks for posting this!

Craftlady
04-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Rule of Thumb........... To good to be true it's usually FALSE
These types of emails go into my spam file.

However, sadly there are some who will reply to these scams. :(

king2005
04-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for posting this!

Not a problem. We just learned of it, so I'm hoping to inform as many people as I can, so it can be stopped really fast, before people get scammed.

I really disslike people who make the internet a less & less fun place to be.

king2005
04-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Rule of Thumb........... To good to be true it's usually FALSE
These types of emails go into my spam file.

However, sadly there are some who will reply to these scams. :(

True, these kinds of emails seem too good to be true, BUT they are using a well known company name, so its a little more realistic. AND Samsung does do a lot of large promotions, but we don't spam people through email.. you actually have to sign up for it on our website.

But if you forget, or think you have signed up for one of our promotions, then you could easly be scammed by this ***** :mad:

But as a procaution, ALWAYS talk to the company first!

I don't have time today, but I'll look into this more tomorrow, to see how we do our promotions, etc...

My partner is or has already written an FAQ on this, so I'll have to read that tomorrow as well... I wish we learned of this sooner, so I could have a better post. As this is gonna be all over the place. But atleast I can let people know there is bogus promotion about our company, so people can be warry until I get ALL the info.

I'm off & heading home.

Laura's Babies
04-02-2007, 05:26 PM
With as much time as people devote to pulling those scams, they couold get out in the world and make a real living!

Catlady711
04-02-2007, 07:20 PM
With as much time as people devote to pulling those scams, they couold get out in the world and make a real living!

The thing is that as long as there are thousands of people falling for those scams, those scammers ARE making a living and probably making more than a regular joe type job also. Sad but true.

Catty1
04-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I have found one clue is that if the email is for real, the company addresses you by your name, not just "customer" or some other general thing.

And if you didn't buy a ticket - you didn't win no lottery! :D