PDA

View Full Version : Ashley's new job

catnapper
04-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Oh my, how proud can a mom get.... Ashley gave me a grandson at 18 and now she's gonna be a Hooters girl. :rolleyes:

Actually, seriously, I'm thrilled. I know she can handle herself among the rowdy men and the money's actually really good. They also have awesome scholarships and bonus money based on grades.

She has another interview this morning with them, so fingers crossed she get this. As you might remember from my personal job search, there aren't any job around here so this is her first real opportunity for a job. They are building a new Hooters "family" restaurant and hiring a ton of waitresses. She needs a job and I think this would be good for her on many levels -- from simply getting out of the house to making her own momeny instead of relying on everyone else. (and maybe.... maybe.... she'll meet some nice guys along the way who aren't losers and could show her just how she should be treated)

Sirrahsim
04-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Well good for her! I hope that she gets the job. :) Hooter's may be a little tacky with their bright orange spandex shorts :D but it is all good clean fun. I go there from time to time just because the atmosphere is so fun.
Good luck to her!

Daisy and Delilah
04-02-2007, 08:47 AM
I think Hooter's is a pretty good organization to work for. Congratulations to Ashley!! I bet she does meet some nice guys too :) Wait.......can I get my daughter a job there???? ;)

ramanth
04-02-2007, 08:55 AM
My best friend's sister made great money at Hooters while going to college. :)

The funniest thing was my dad didn't know this and went to Hooters with some buddies of his. The second Kristin spotted my dad she called out "Daddy Wayne!" and bounces over to give him a hug.

:D

My poor father was mortified. :eek: :o ;)

I wish Ashley the best!

Catty1
04-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Ramanth - that is TOO funny! I hope the guy's buddies envied him! LOL

But Kim mentioned a 'family' style Hooters. Maybe they wear plushy owls on their heads??? :D

catnapper
04-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Hee hee... she had a HUGE smile on her face when I picked her up. She got the job and is very excited.

moosmom
04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Kim,

That's great news!! I wonder how Mr. Pizza Delivery Guy is gonna take her prancing around in shorts and tank top around all those guys??? This is gonna be VERY INTERESTING!! :p

lizbud
04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I didn't know that Hooters had a "family restaurant"

Catty1
04-02-2007, 07:05 PM
I didn't know that Hooters had a "family restaurant"

That's why I wondered if they wore plush owls somewhere instead of...oh, anyway! :D

Congrats, Ashley! It's great to see she is excited about something, and motivated! I hope this helps her turn a corner.

When does she start?

Craftlady
04-02-2007, 07:29 PM
The Hooters up in Northern Kentucky is NOT a family resturant. It's hard to image they have "family" resturants when they advertise girls chests.
I hope it works out for her.

moosmom
04-02-2007, 07:44 PM
They may not be a "family" restaurant, but their wings and ribs are THE BOMB!!!!

Craftlady
04-02-2007, 08:01 PM
They may not be a "family" restaurant, but their wings and ribs are THE BOMB!!!!

I'll take your word for them being tasty. I would not be comfortable in a place like Hooters. Hubby's comment was to me about "family" resturant aspect....
"Oh they dont wear midrif t-shirts but regular ones that cover everything? and less chests, and longer pants instead of those skin tight shorts?"

That's first thing guys think of when people mention Hooters. Less shirts, boobs and panted on shorts.
First words out of my mouth to hubby "no way your going there" :D

catnapper
04-02-2007, 08:54 PM
LOL...am I the only one who ever heard people try to claim Hooters is a family restaurant?

Anywhooo (get it? Whoo whoo.... Oh I'm a hoot!) *groan* :rolleyes: ANYWAY, she's excited. I asked hubby what Cam's father thinks and he said Ash said he doesn't care. Sorry but if I was a 20 year old loser who's dating someone already too good for me, I'd be a little upset and worried. I think they're currently fighting and this is just one more thing for her to do to break away from him..... or so I hope.

ramanth
04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Congrats to her! I hope she likes it. :)

Lobodeb
04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Congrats, Ashley! I would love to be a Hooters girl if I had the ASSets for the job. If you've got it, flaunt it!

It'll be good for her to get some attention poured on her every day.

Yes, Kim, I've heard of Hooters being a family restaurant. Their motto should be, "...but they have great wings!" :rolleyes:

Scooter's Mom
04-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Congrats to her on the new job!

After my divorce in 1998, I lived with my brother awhile (about 8 months) and every Thursday night (Friday morning really) he'd bring me $2 worth of wings home. It was 10 cent wing night, and he and I were both totally broke, but that was our big splurge for the week. Their wings are kickin'. :) Not to mention come with a terrific memory of something my brother did for me that was super nice.