PDA

View Full Version : look at his eye!!!

toughCookie
07-06-2002, 10:16 AM
I just adopted this little guy last night with another male the same age, and his eye was fine, then last night I noticed it was draining and irritated, closed, now look at this pic taken just a few minutes ago!! I am sooooo mad, could this have just happend or was he like this before? why didnt I see it? it was fine yesterday so how can it be like this now?

anyone know anything about this?
:mad: :mad: :mad:

toughCookie
07-06-2002, 10:17 AM
pic

toughCookie
07-06-2002, 10:17 AM
kitten

barclaysmom
07-06-2002, 12:50 PM
do you think that maybe the other male did it? or he might be allergic to something in the home? maybe??

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2002, 01:19 AM
I was thinking the same thing. He might be allergic to something. I also think that my cat Pepper is allergic to something because his right eye is tearing a lot. He seems fine other than that. He goes to the vet on July 12th for his annual check up and shots so I'll see what it is then. Good luck. I hope it isn't contagious. Please keep us posted.

Ann
07-07-2002, 05:12 AM
I don't know too much about this sort of stuff, but I've seen pictures just like that in some of my cat books. There it's called "cat flu" (freely translated from Swedish). It's something dangerous that can happen to kitties if they haven't had their shots or something...

Of course I could be completely off, but I'd see a vet if I were you (if it's possible).

07-07-2002, 06:23 AM
Ann is right : rush to the vet , as quick as possible !!!
let us know how it goes !!!!

Heather Wallace
07-07-2002, 07:26 AM
Hope he gets better soon.

toughCookie
07-07-2002, 06:39 PM
its still sore , but its not draining as much, has mostly dried up, and is looking better.

Patches and Charlie are best friends, they run and chase each other around like crazy! it is so fun to watch them:rolleyes: :) :D

they got baths today, Charlie just about killed us, he's a wild man!! and he knows how to use those claws, wow! he drew blood from us both!!

Patches was not happy but was a good boy about the whole thing, now they are in their freshly cleaned "room" with new litter and fresh water and food, and of course toys, ahhh, what more could a kitty want? LOL they are sleeping now, I checked on them, oh they are so cute! I am really glad I got them both together.:)

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2002, 10:54 PM
I'm so glad that everything is working out. Hopefully your other 3 cats will learn to accept Patches and Charlie soon. It's usually much easier for older cats to accept kittens. Good luck. :)