PDA

View Full Version : small update and question about food recall

emilysgk
04-01-2007, 10:11 PM
The question I have about the food... Is it narrowed down that they are pretty certain its wheat glutan? At this point I dont care much what brand it is anymore, I am looking for the source no matter what and want to avoid it. The kitties are on Purina Kitten food. It only has corn gluten and no wheat products, so it should be safe no matter correct? (I know few dry products are recalled, but at this point, I dont care what is or isnt, no wet of any kind anymore either)

As for the kitties... I need to take some new pics. Hopefully soon, things been crazy around here. Snow is going to get spayed next week. We got our tax money back. She is in her first full on heat since the babies... can't wait to put an end to it. Cowgirl is now the smaller of the two and Mama is getting huge. I think Cow baby is going to be short and stocky, she has shorter legs and a different build. As of right now they have olive green eyes, we will see how much they change. I really like the color right now. Its been decided I am going to keep both babies. I cant let either go. I was going to find Mama a home, but I cant do it. So we will be a 3 cat houshold. Not too bad. I know it wil be hard come time to get the money to spay the babes, but I will find a way.

Craftlady
04-01-2007, 10:19 PM
The question I have about the food... Is it narrowed down that they are pretty certain its wheat glutan? At this point I dont care much what brand it is anymore, I am looking for the source no matter what and want to avoid it. The kitties are on Purina Kitten food. It only has corn gluten and no wheat products, so it should be safe no matter correct? (I know few dry products are recalled, but at this point, I dont care what is or isnt, no wet of any kind anymore either)

Yes it's the wheat glutan that is the problem.
Products made with corn gluten are ok.

catmandu
04-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Thank God I did not buy all those Nutro Pouches that were on special as they may have made a Found Cat ill.
From now on its Whiskas and Fancy Feat for the Found Cats and Porchies.