PDA

View Full Version : Organic Cat Food?

Felix
04-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Whats your opinion on this type of food.I am thinking of switching Felix to organic food because I heard it to be alot better for animals.Since the recall of pet food I am looking for a way to protect my kitty from the tainted food.Any suggestions?Anyone using organic pet food?

kt_luvs_kitties
04-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Since this crazy recall, I have switched mine from Nutro, and From Science diet. I even decided to hold off on their Royal Canin.

I am now feeding Innova EVO. They all LOVE IT! BUT thier poops are unbearable with smell. I even called their customer help line, to make sure it is normal. It should go away within 4-6 weeks. Because the protein count is so high.
I think I will stick with this for awhile. I am also going to get Felidae ( I have heard great reviews) so they can have some variety. They are getting NO CANNED FOOD PERIOD for a while to come....

Innova EVO has NO Grains and a very high protein level. It goes perfectly with a raw food diet, but I feed it as a main diet. I hope this helps.

Catty1
04-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Felix, what I did was go to a different pet store than I usually do, to get some Real Homegrown Catnip for my gift swap person (hee, hee). They carried different foods, too.

Drop in on a few and ask to see foods that have no grains. Even organic grains are filler...the higher protein is important (unless there are kidney issues, ask your vet on this).

When I got home, I looked at my vet-supplied Royal Canin - two types of corn and some other filler...yeeks!

I am excited about trying this 'raw food in kibble form'.

Katie...I got samples of Innova EVO to try. Thanks for the warning.... :rolleyes: :D

kt_luvs_kitties
04-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Candace, let me know how bad it affects yours cats! I must scoop AS SOON as they go. I actually know before they cover it up, it is that strong. But they just love it. I am going to try and wait it out. :p

Catty1
04-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm actually going to buy the Origen when it comes in, in smaller bags.

Scoop and odor control at the ready! :D

Zippy
04-02-2007, 08:24 AM
I switched form Nutro to Nautral Balance and they get fancy feast off and on as a treat.The seem to really love nautral balance so I am sticking with that.