PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Forum

Craftlady
03-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Since the tanted food issue with cat and dog food is ut most on our minds.
I might suggest a forum just for this subject in each area - cat and dog
That way there is one place that has all the information instead of spread out over cat general, cat health, dog general, dog health and "other"

Make a sticky post at top of the whole site page letting people know to go to special area to read or post about tanted food issue.

Just a suggestion that would really help condense all the important information into one spot.

Catty1
03-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Hmmm...and even when the scare is over, a Nutrition or Food forum might be really helpful and folks can go more in depth about raw food prep or etc.

Kfamr
04-01-2007, 07:36 AM
It's a good idea to put a sticky with a warning in Cat General or Dog General.

When it is over, I think Dog Health & Cat Health are fine places to discuss nutrition, even the DG/CG sections at times. :)

One thing I've always liked about Pet Talk is the fact that there are less forums. It's incredibly annoying and overwhelming on some message boards to have 10+ different sections just for one subject. Example, they'll have:

Dog General
Puppy Pictures
Dog Pictures
Dog Training
Dog Health
Dog Nutrition
Dog Events
Dog Breeds
Dog Rescue
Dog Grooming
Dog Memorial

And it goes on forever and ever. Pet Talk has always been a fairly organized place, IMO, without the need of several sections.

But, like I said, it would be a good idea for a warning thread about the recall to be sticked, with a link to the menufoods website.

Zippy
04-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I agree with Kay a sticky with about it in cat general and dog general.I belong to other sites that have more sections then they should.PT is a lot easier to find info on.

RedHedd
04-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm with Kfamr on this one - Let's keep is simple. The Health forums are probably the best place to put nutrition related topics, however in an emergency situation, broad recall like is going on right now, a sticky perhaps at the top of each pet-related forum would be in order.

chocolatepuppy
04-01-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm all for a sticky on food recalls. I'm searching all over for more reports as I have cats and dogs.

Freckles
04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
There have been TWELVE threads started in the last 24 hours. I'd like to see them all in one place.

Freedom
04-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I KNOW I keep posting in three places: dog, cat and other. I just want to make sure people see the add ons as more foods are recalled. Have to remember, it is not just members who look, but the general pet loving public who look as well!

I put one up today, for the del monte recall. In Dog General with the dog brands, in cat general with POUNCE in the title to catch folks' attention. I didn't want to add it to Craftlady's thread, as people might not realize there was a new recall item.

I think it should all be in one place too. My fingers are getting tired. :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
04-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Agree totally - Karen or Paul, I think that it would be helpful if you could make a special area for the pet food recall. Either a sub-forum or a sticky will work for me. Do whatever you think will work best, but I know it would help me to have such information in one section.

lvpets2002
04-02-2007, 04:41 PM
:) Sounds good to me.. What does Karen & Paul think about it??

crow_noir
04-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm adding my vote for a sticky!

Or announcement. I'm not sure if these boards have the announcement option.

Freedom
04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Oh yeah, now I am DEFINITELY in favor.

New recall today, of dog, cat and ferret treats. SO where am I supposed to post it? In Other General, lots of folks never go down there. They have the arros set and only see their one section - dog, cat, or other.

I ended up putting in all three general sections.

A sticky would be great. One place to look.

Because as a thread, we are all bound to pump it up with posts like "oh no, another one?" And "this is SO frustrating" and so on and so forth. I'd like folks to be able to go to one place and scroll through to check what's recalled.

Paul
04-03-2007, 10:48 AM
   I think a Pet Food recall forum sounds like a good idea.

Paul

Karen
04-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I have posted a quick poll here. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1787417)

Sophist
04-03-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm going to be lazy and just repeat my thoughts on a pet food recall forum here.

Maybe a spot for 'emergency' or urgent news updates, like pet food or med recalls, bills that would potentially cause big changes in pet laws that you'll occassionally see petitions floating around here for, precautions to take for each new 'disease-of-the-week' scare, etc.

You know, like this big scare, before that the greenie debacle, each BSL thing that pops up, one spot for all big urgent public alerts that aren't more appropriate in other spots (like urgent rescues would still go in rescues, and community issues would still go elsewhere)

Just something that popped into my head two seconds ago, not sure how much of a nightmare it would be to implement. Maybe you already have something similar that has just never caught my eye.

DrKym
04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
***I think a Pet Food recall forum sounds like a good idea.

******Paul
It must be a Holy season..I think I heard Paul speak!! ;)

cassiesmom
04-04-2007, 05:02 PM
With the recent sweet posts of baby photos - maybe there should be one for the Pet Talk Kids and Grandkids (??!)

cassiesmom
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Karen or Paul, do you know yet if there will be a separate area for the pet food topic? I have a friend who was looking for information and I would like to refer her to some of the Pet Talk threads. That would be easier for me if they're grouped together.

thanks...