PDA

View Full Version : I just have to say this

Medusa
03-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I was watching an episode of Animal Cops (which I'm usually to chicken to watch) and there was a kitten stuck somehow between a cement wall and a pillar, I think. I didn't see it from the beginning. It had been stuck for 24 hrs. After sedating her, they were able to set her free. She had a bad case of fleas, she was dehydrated and boy, was she ever hungry! After getting her back to health, she was adopted by a woman who adopted another kitten who shared a cage w/this kitten in the shelter. She didn't want to separate them and they're so happy now and lovin' life, scampering around playing, sleeping together w/their "arms" wrapped around each other. I just love happy endings! It made me cry when I heard the little kitten (Jojo was her name) crying, her little head stuck and she was so scared. And when they got her out, I cried. And when she got adopted, I cried. And when I saw her w/her "cell mate", I cried. I've really become a softie as I've gotten older. Well, Puddy was lying next to me in bed as I was watching this story and I just grabbed her and smothered her w/kisses. YUK, MOM! CUT THAT OUT, WILL YA! She got so annoyed that she jumped off the bed and went to her throne in the guest room, the little brat. But she came back. Purring. As I said, I love happy endings. Just wanted to share that story w/you and know that I'm grateful for PT and all the friends I've made here and for those who have prayed for Puddy and all my furkids.

orangemm
03-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Mary, I do the same thing...get hooked on an Animal Cops episode and whether it be dog or cat, the waterworks start flowing.

Then I get up, find my boys and give them lots of lovins and scritches. They might be a little confused, but they sure are grateful!

Laura's Babies
03-31-2007, 08:00 AM
I don't get that show but I know what some kitties have to go through is so horriable that it breaks my heart. Thanks for sharing that story with a happy ending.

Don Juan's mom
03-31-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't get Animal Planet now, but when I did all of the "animal cops" shows were appointment viewing. One of the most upsetting things I've ever seen on the small screen was a poor German Shepherd mix dog on Animal Precinct (the New York City version). He had HUNDREDS of ticks on him (neglectful owner:mad: ) and was so anemic he was just hours from death. :( A follow-up program showed him with his new owner, happy and healthy. :D The happy endings are SO happy, aren't they!

Taz_Zoee
03-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Ok Mary, I got tears in my eyes just reading your post!! And that's why I do not watch that show very often.
I am sitting here and a commercial for aspca came on, with Sarah McClaughin, and I started crying!!!

I never thought I could love my animals as much as I do. But I think PT has helped me appreciate my babies even more than I already did. :D

Barbara
03-31-2007, 03:44 PM
I also feel like crying. But I am happy all these cat girls and dog boys are happy now :)

catmandu
03-31-2007, 05:09 PM
I no longer have cable as I would just as soon spend the money on the Found Cats as pay 40 dollars a month watching crappy reality shows on what passes for entertainment these days.
But I would watch the Animal Planet if it didnt cost so much for premium cable.
I have that same happy feeling when I read books on Cats , and they have happy endings.
Micheals a lot perkier and he and Tubster are pals.
The Big Ebony was giving Micheal a bath.

Medusa
04-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately, most of the reality shows are on regular TV which is why I subscribe to cable. But I get your point.

Reachoutrescue
04-01-2007, 09:58 AM
I watch Animals Cops and Animal Pricinct (sorry if Ispelled it wrong) all the time and it just makes me so mad how people neglect their animals. I love the happy endings though...makes it a job well done. I end up having rivers running half the times I watch these shows!!