PDA

View Full Version : Someone Refrain me from Pet Stores

Kalei
03-30-2007, 03:15 PM
:o I did it again...I got my pay, went to the petstore, and instead of coming out with just food...I came out with more fish:D I really have to stop from going to Pet Stores. This time I couldn't help myself to the most beautiful betta fish I have ever seen! I saw him and knew I would not be able to leave without him. I also got my dad two zebra danios lol.

It's been quite a few months since I had a male betta when Red Lightning died, but I fell in love with this guy. He is a really unique color, white body with medium and light purple spots on him, and a light baby blue tail and fins. There is even spots on his back and a spot on his gill scale that shines like silver. I dont' know what to name him. So far I came up with either Aurora or North (something to do with many blueish and purple colors. Anyways here he is! If you have any name ideas I would love to hear them:D

Sorry about the black dots in the pictures, those are bubbles on the inside of the tank because the water was so fresh.

http://i3.tinypic.com/4dz22za.jpg

http://i5.tinypic.com/2ex97y8.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/478psu0.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/357jzpi.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/2uejqsj.jpg

Blue_Frog
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Aww... hes so pretty! In the last pic you put up, the light blue spot on his back almost looks like a lightning bolt :)

critter crazy
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
WOW!! Just gorgeous, love the coloring!!:eek:

Kalei
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks:D And your right, it does kind of look like a lightning bolt! Cool :cool:

Zippy
03-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow he is a beauty. :eek: Congrats!

Roxyluvsme13
03-30-2007, 06:14 PM
He's gorgeous! His coloring is very unique. I think Aurora would fit him cuz he reminds me of the Aurora Borealis.

IRescue452
03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Good job. I like his colors. I got two female bettas and another buenos aires tetra today. They'll have to keep us both from going into the store.

Chilli
03-30-2007, 06:39 PM
He looks great! Very pretty. :D
I really like the name Aurora that you mentioned.
And add me to the list of people to keep away from petstores. Last weekend I ended up coming home with two new africans. :o

Kalei
03-30-2007, 09:21 PM
lol looks like the pet stores get lots of business from us:) Thanks so much for the compliments on Aurora(decided to keep that name for him). It means alot to me and him.

Surprisingly at the pet store, the girl that was waiting on me was very negative. When I picked out Aurora at first she was saying "what? But he's so ugly. He's uglier than all the rest of them." And she wanted me to get one of the darker blue ones. But I thought he was the prettiest of the bunch. Then she asked "Are you serious you want that one?" And of course I said "yes!"

So she got him out and as she was putting him in the bag she said "Someone actually wants you. I feel bad for how ugly he is." I couldn't believe she thought he was ugly. So I said "Well, I'll make him feel better after all your nasty comments by talking to him and telling him how beautiful he really is.:D"

She thought I was nuts but it was funny seeing the look on her face..some people, she seemed really immature.

Suki Wingy
03-30-2007, 09:33 PM
That is funny because he is gorgeous! I tend to think the ones that are dark blue and red are boring. Oh, and Bri, I'm stealing you I heart my mutt icon. ;)

IRescue452
03-31-2007, 12:35 AM
We must have gone to the same pet store, because I wanted to sock one to the worker helping me as well. She told me female bettas can't be together and that the more color pigment they have= the more aggressive they are. I just about told her to put them back I'd take my money elsewhere, but petsmart is the only store in Sheboygan with females.

Sevaede
03-31-2007, 01:52 AM
He sure is a beauty! Aurora is a pretty name, too! :D Good for you and shame on that worker.

Add me to the list of people with bad pet store experiences. I was working with the fish at a pet store once. This store also had the widest variety of feeshies. One woman came in wanting a male betta and I pointed out a few crowntail males and she called them all horribly ugly, etc. :( Luckily for one particular fish, he is now in a tank at one of my friends houses. :D

Kalei
03-31-2007, 06:44 PM
He sure is a beauty! Aurora is a pretty name, too! :D Good for you and shame on that worker.

Add me to the list of people with bad pet store experiences. I was working with the fish at a pet store once. This store also had the widest variety of feeshies. One woman came in wanting a male betta and I pointed out a few crowntail males and she called them all horribly ugly, etc. :( Luckily for one particular fish, he is now in a tank at one of my friends houses. :D

Yay, that is good that one of them is with your friend now:D
Yes, I find alot of petstores need better workers...if the hired alot of us from PetTalk on, they would have good quality pet store workers:D

Roxyluvsme13
03-31-2007, 07:25 PM
She said he was ugly? Oh my gosh. What an idiot. He's one of the prettiest bettas I've seen :D. I'm glad you got him out of that awful store.

Argranade
03-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Wtfudge,

How could she say such a perdy fish is ugly, well she needs a smack in her noggy!

Anyway great photos and congratz on the new baby! :D

It also looks like he MIGHT change colours as he gets older, just a geuss. =)

Kalei
04-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah that's what I thought, I hope he doesn't change colors because he's so pretty right now, but if he does it will be interesting to see what color he changes too.:)

And I think he loves his new home cause this morning I woke up and he has his own little bubble nest made in a corner lol.

Marigold2
04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Kalei you new fish is so pretty. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. I remember when Alicia and I went to the shelter and we were looking for a cat to adopt. There was this orange Persian. Her face was so smashed in looking and her tongue was sticking out. I picked her up and just couldn't get over that face, it looked so strange to me, poor kitty was purring and oh so sweet. But that face, all bug eyed and smashed nose. We did not find a cat that day but went back a week later and got Jake, I asked about the Persian and the girl told me that someone came in and just fell in love with her face. Thank goodness that we humans see beauty differently, so that all pets are beautiful to someone. I have always thought that God made Rhea Pearlman just for Danny Divito.

Kalei
04-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Wow, you are very right. If people didn't have different tastes or interests in what an animal looks like, then many animals out there wouldn't get a home. I"m so glad that everyone sees animals differently:) lol and just since you mentioned a smashed in faced Persian, lol i also think they have the cutest faces in the world!:D

I'd like to own one someday!