PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor problem question

Sirrahsim
03-30-2007, 08:57 AM
I know this may sound petty but it is what it is. For almost two weeks our neighbors have had their boat parked on the street in front of their home. It isn't really in the way, but it is an eyesore and is irritating. Our housing policy clearly states that no vehicles are allowed parked on the street and that boats/rvs/whatever may only be parked at the residence for 4 hours before and after intended use... We have always had a fairly civil relationship with these neighbors so we don't want to stir up trouble but we want the boat gone. If we contact the landlord, they will issue a letter of caution that will inform our neighbors of the policy and give them 2 days to correct it. There is a boat/rv parking lot less than 5 minutes away where they can park their boat for little if anything.
I hesitate to talk to our neighbors first because if they don't see their boat as a problem and leave it there we will have to go talk to the landlord anyway and they will know it was us....
What would you do?

Craftlady
03-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Maybe they dont know the policy exists. I would mention in a casual conversation with them "your lucky no one is complaining yet and remind them of the rule" see what happens. I would say also to pick your battles wisely. Is this worth stirring up potential trouble? Once you start, it gets around that you complained your goings on will be watched and tested.

It could be worse.

We have up the road from us an old oven (at the curb) at a vacant house, for over a month. Now that's an eye soar. :eek:

Freedom
03-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Maybe you can just photo copy the policy and drop it in their mailbox anonymously, as you don't want them to know you are the ones?

Yup, could be worse. My next door neighbors bought a new mattress and box spring in January. Guess how I know? Now the mice have found it makes a great nesting place. Actually the entire back yard is a disaster. And due to the layout of the houses, garages, garden sheds, I am the ONLY ONE who sees it!!

Vela
03-30-2007, 10:54 AM
While it may be irritating to look at it, there are MUCH worse things a neighbor could be doing. I think it's wise to just learn to deal with some of the things people do in the neighborhood unless it directly affects you or harms things. We all have to deal with neighbors who do things we might not like, but like it was already mentioned, pick your battles. You might find yourself a target if you worry too much about things that, while maybe not the best situation, really aren't harming anything. I wouldn't lke the boat there either, so I do understand, but at the same time, you don't want to make enemies of neighbors over something like that, because it could make living there much harder in the future. I have a neighbor who often parks her large horse tailer in front of MY yard, but it jut wasn't worth getting upset over, there are worse things to deal with.