PDA

View Full Version : Blackies in the catnapper family?

catnapper
03-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Yup.... at least I think they are two blackies! My SIL is going through a nasty divorce and we've invited her to come home (that is, back to Pennsylvania) and live with us for as long as she needs. She's coming with two kittens in tow. They're about a year old -- Flutter will be less than thrilled. Pouncer will be stressed. Allen will pee all over. Abby will be indignant, and Harry will have someone else to bully.... I mean play with.

As you can see, its going to be a big adjustment for everyone -- hoomans and animals -- but we'll be just fine and I'm certain I'll love the new kitties 100%. Our new roomates will be here sometime this spring - delivery date unknown ;)

Just one thing: Any suggestions for getting indoor/outdoor kitties used to litterboxes? They've never used one, always went outside to do their business and return right in. The only thing I stipulated is they become full-time indoor kitties.

Laura's Babies
03-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Good for you to stipulate they become indoor only! Lets just hope that works! I have no advice as to how to get them use to using a litter box except to keep them in a confined space until they get the idea... a small bathroom would do..

Blackies huh? It is about time you got some color in that house and black goes well with anything!

moosmom
03-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Kim,

In the beginning, put them in a spare room with food, water and litterbox. It won't take them long to get the idea.

emily_the_spoiled
03-30-2007, 09:21 AM
You can try mixing in some dirt with kitty litter for the first little while (until they get used to the box idea)

momcat
03-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow, sounds like you're going to have a house full! You're right in stipulating that the blackies be indoor only especially in a new location. With patience, attention and love I'm sure the furkids will adjust. How nice of you to take everyone in during this difficult time for your SIL.

Medusa
03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Yep, I kept them in a spare room w/a litter box, etc. But I did that to keep them isolated from my other cats in the beginning. It never even occurred to me that they might not use the litterbox but they always did.

catmandu
03-30-2007, 02:52 PM
I am having the same problem with Tubster who is maybe 3 at the oldest.
I am going to leave him in the basement with a litter box when its cool , or on the porch if it ever gets warmer.
But I have to be firm, and not let him out as that was the reason I took him off the street in the first place to save him the fates of the Porch Angels.
We can hardly wait to see those Black visitors.

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Wow!!! You're going to have a house full. I'd also keep them separated with their own litter box,food and water. I'm sure that they'll learn quickly. Good luck.:)

Sevaede
03-31-2007, 01:25 AM
Aww! Hehe! :D Everyone must be excited! :D

I'd just put them in a room with the litterbox (food and water too). I did that with my little foster (lily) and she used it straight away. :D