PDA

View Full Version : Worried..

wolfsoul
03-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I have been having strange symptoms for the past month and I'm finally going to make an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow.

It started out as a tingling on the right side of my back. It's very strong and very annoying. After a few days it spread down to the right side of my bum. Right after that, I started getting strange shocking feelings in my fingertips, only after touching anything with any amount of pressure. Then my left ear started tingling (this one makes me the most crazy). Yesterday my feet and toes started tingling, and today my left shoulder and arm.

My fingers now do the shocking/tingling thing even if I just bend them, and my left arm is going numb. It feels very much like the feeling I get in my wrists when I have a panic attack, so my arm is actually brining on panic attacks. I'm wondering if any of this is connected to the eye twitching I've been having for the past couple of months -- it happens constantly, all day long, and it's making me crazy. I've also been very dizzy in the mornings.

I'm concerned as these symtpoms are alot like what my mom went through -- she had TIA (mini-strokes) due to an arterie just outside her heart that was too thin -- blood couldn't get through so it would build up until it was puished through in a heap. My mom had tingling in her lips, fingers, and feet/toes, and she would have temporary loss of vision -- sometimes she could see the top half of what she was looking at, sometimes the bottom, etc (these symptoms have actually just currently returned). She had two surgeries to fix it. Apparently it isn't really a known condition so they don't know if it's genetic or not. They checked both me and my brother when we were born and said we didn't have it, but maybe something changed.

I have a chiropractor appointment on Monday -- since it started with my back, I'm going to see what he says, and see if I can get some X-rays. I'm making a Dr appt tomorrow. I'm pretty worried -- I was four years old when my mom had her last surgery and I remember it was not good times. Perhaps that was just because she had to leave town for two weeks and leave me with my grandparents lol. Anyways, just needed to share this with someone. Most of my friends think I am paranoid about health issues and would probably just bug me about it.

Ginger's Mom
03-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Good luck with the doctor, Jordan. Health issues are not something to play around with. It is very wise of you to get everything checked out right away. Even if it is not serious, it should be looked at and it will save you lots of worry if you get an answer quickly. Positive thoughts going out for you.

Daisy and Delilah
03-30-2007, 01:31 PM
I can imagine how scary that is for you, Jordan. Your best bet is to see a doctor asap. Joyce is right. Health issues are nothing to play around with. You're the one that knows your body and you know when something isn't quite right. Nobody else can make a decision for you or know how you feel.

Please keep us updated on this. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

petslover
03-30-2007, 01:54 PM
That does sound scary for you. I wish you luck in your appointment. Make sure you go ahead and get an appointment.. It is very important for you to maintain your health. It may be something simple with a simple procedure/medicine but it could lead to something worse if you ignore the symptoms.

Please know you are in my thoughts.

Catty1
03-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I know you remembering what your mom went through makes this especially scary. But remember - medicine has come so far in the last two years, let alone the last twenty or so, that's it's very likely you will have more great options to nip whatever this is in the bud!

It's good you are being proactive and going to find out what this is!

Lots of PT hugs and prayers for you! :)

Kalei
03-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Wow, that sounds like it could be bad, I hope that you are okay, and am so glad you are going to the doctor's. The doctor will know what to do and you want to get it looked at as soon as possible.
Keep us updated, I will be praying that it is nothing bad or serious.

Karen
03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
You will be in our prayers, that they find a reason and a way to help! Of course it is scary, but try not to worry, okay?

Reachoutrescue
03-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Good luck at the doctors. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure you will be okay. Chin up. :)

wolfsoul
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks everyone! My appointments are tomorrow. :eek:

The tingling has been getting worse and worse. It covers most of my body now. :(

buttercup132
04-01-2007, 05:18 PM
I hope it's nothing bad.

catnapper
04-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Hmmm..... sounds scary but maybe the answer is simple. It sounds like the symptoms I get when I take a medicine I'm allergic to. Have you started any new suppliments, cold meds,etc? I get like this with antibiotics.

Good luck!

NoahsMommy
04-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Jordan,

I know its hard, but the best thing for you is to stay calm...at least as much as possible. I know thats a hard thing to do, especially when you are scared and have no idea what the heck is causing this tingling.

My first guess would be a pinched nerve...somewhere in your back. Thinking back a month or so ago, did you have ANY accident or bodily trauma???

Hopefully it'll be something relatively easy to fix, like an imbalance of nutrients, a pinched nerve, etc. (((hugs & prayers)))

Has the tingling gotten better or worse with time? From your thread, it seems like worse, but I'm not sure. Does anyone in your family have any sort of nerve disorder?

Keep us updated. What time is your appt. tomorrow???

Hugs, Kelly :D

wolfsoul
04-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the wishes and support. :) I am not taking any new medications, nor have I had any accidents, but I do have a very physical job and have suffered from back problems my entire life which my job tends to make worse. My back went out very badly in February to the point where I couldn't even lift my head or move any of my limbs. It was only out for two days, so I had a few weeks without problems, but perhaps this is the result of that.
No one in my family has any nerve problems, but my parents both suffer from back problems. My mom has minor scoleosis and my dad has never even had his back checked so I don't know what's wrong with it, but it hurts. My chiropractor always wanted me to get x-rays but my mom thought it was a hassle. I will talk to him about it tomorrow.
It's been getting worse and worse...I don't think it's heart problems anymore as usually TIA goes away after a period of time. My tingling changes spots but it never goes away. Currently my back (right shoulder blade area and middle back) is tingling. My ear was tingling before that. It's driving me crazy!
I have my Dr appointment at 10:50, and my chiro at 3:00. I hate appointments so I'm dreading it lol.

Catty1
04-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Don't think of them as "appointments"; think of them as INVESTIGATIONS! :D

Where all the clues are put together, and bada-bing! AN ANSWER!

Go get 'em, Sherlock! :)

NoahsMommy
04-01-2007, 08:07 PM
OK #1, I agree with you that its probably NOT your heart. Right sided issues show that, thank God! :) So that's a good thing.

Do you have any headaches?? Does your head hurt at all??? Or is it the tingly feeling that's the worst part of it??

You hurt your back in Feb...that would be right before the tingling started? About how long from when you hurt your back to when the tingling began?

I agree, don't think of your appt as a hassle, think of it as a means to an end - the end of your annoying symptoms. :)

Hugs, Kelly

wolfsoul
04-01-2007, 10:22 PM
LOL an investigation...That actually does make me feel better lol.

Do you have any headaches?? Does your head hurt at all??? Or is it the tingly feeling that's the worst part of it??

You hurt your back in Feb...that would be right before the tingling started? About how long from when you hurt your back to when the tingling began?

No unusual headaches, I get the occasional one but only after breathing in cigarette smoke or the scent of flea shampoo, that sort of thing. It was atleast 3 weeks before my back stated tingling...my back was out and then suddenly it wasn't. I just had the usual muscle pain from standing and bending over for long periods of time.

krazyaboutkatz
04-02-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems.:( I hope that everything goes well tomorrow and that the doctors will be able to find out what's causing this. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

ramanth
04-02-2007, 09:52 AM
I hope your appointment goes well today!! *hugs*

Karen
04-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Yup, hopefully the investigations find resluts, and it's something repairable! Have you been checked for scoliosis? It does sound more like nerve something.

pitc9
04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
We'll be thinking about you today!!!

wolfsoul
04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Just got back from the doctor.. She doesn't know what is wrong. :(
My heart has checked out fine before so she didn't check it this time. My blood pressure is normal, reflexes are normal, nothing wrong with my ears...She says it's not my back because the tingling and numbness is so spread out all over my body. She checked my mobility anyways and I was able to do everything she asked without any pain or discomfort.
She says the chiropractor won't hurt but it likely won't help. I'm going to get him to give me an x-ray anyways.
She filled out a slip so I can go get a blood test on Monday (I HATE needles!!!) because it could be diabetes or high blood surgar, but she really has no idea. She thinks it's anxiety more than anything, but I've struggled with anxiety for years (I have borderline personality disorder), and I know this is not anxiety. I am not anxious when it happens -- my arm going numb MAKES me anxious, but otherwise I'm fine.
Hopefully my chiropractor may have some answers. Otherwise I guess I will have to go to the naturopath and I just don't have the money at this time.

Kater
04-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, Jordan. You will be in my thoughts.
Sorry about the blood draw....but, hopefully it will help you get some answers soon.
*hugs*

wolfsoul
04-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, the chiropractor says it IS my back and my neck. There was no discernable scoleosis before, but he can definatly feel it now. I am now even more uneven. My sacroiliac fixation has not gotten better, my sciatica is worse...Before he put me on the table he felt my back and said I was a complete mess. He had to use the vibrating machine on me before he could even touch me. He says my back is worse than my boss's was, so to look at myself in 20 years and to seriously consider finding a different job. I won't find another job, I just finished straightening out alot of crap at work and I want to stay...but I am going to talk to my boss about changing my situation a bit.

Only problem is, I was tingle-free for about 5 minutes after my correction, and the tingling came back worse than before. It actually hurts a bit now, almost like someone is pricking me with pins. I made another appointment so I am going to go back on Thursday. I mentioned an X-ray today but he didn't really go into any detail so I will ask him again on Thursday. If it isn't any better on Thursday I will see about another venue..maybe acupuncture or physio. I don't really know. I'm still going to take my blood test to make sure it really isn't something more serious.

Karen
04-02-2007, 05:47 PM
COuld you be fitted with a brace to correct the scoliosis? Btter do that now than suffer in the long run ...

There was a woman in my church whose scoliosis went untreated when she was a young woman. I met her when she was maybe 65 or 70, and she was literally bent in half, and walked facing the ground. I would not wish that painful fate on you.

wolfsoul
04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I'll ask about that; I know when Jynnelle worked with me she had to wear a brace for her scoleosis. Maybe my chiropractor sells them or knows where I can get one.

Karen
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Do, please, check. Scoliosis can cause all sorts of nerve damage. The braces are uncomfortable and awkward and ugly, but save you a lifetime of pain.

Catty1
04-03-2007, 07:25 PM
The Chiro treatment - give it a couple more...from my experience, it can get worse before it gets better.

hugs!