PDA

View Full Version : The Wii

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Anyone have one? Is it worth the money?
Hubby's b-day is coming up and I'd LOVE to be able to get one for him but it is out of stock everywhere! Anyone know where I can get one for the regular retail price of $250? They have them on eBay but they are going for anywhere from $300-$700

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 08:21 PM
I've called everywhere that I could think of from Sears to Best Buy to CVS. Those that did answer didn't have it in stock and didn't know when they were getting it. Everywhere else seems to have mysteriously closed early tonight :rolleyes:

critter crazy
03-29-2007, 08:27 PM
I dont know anything about the Wii, but have you tried Overstock.com??

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 08:32 PM
:( no such luck. The problems are that it is New, Popular, and Worth a mint on eBay for those lucky enough to be able to get hold of one :(

One store in our mall had a stack of the boxes so we got all excited until we were told that the boxes were empty and they had no clue when they'd get more... I'm about to start calling every tiny little store within 50 miles :rolleyes: I have no idea how I'm going to pull this off without him finding out :rolleyes: :eek: That is if I can pull it off at all!

binka_nugget
03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
I've seen tons on Craigslist.. but I'm not sure if you'd find any close to the retail price. :confused:

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
I just found one "bundle" that I can buy from a military only site that is technically a good price. It is the console plus four games so with the games at $50 a pop the $450 is at retail.... But I don't think he'd like those games and I don't have $450 to spend on the thing :p

Cincy'sMom
03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
We have one. It is a lot of fun. I'm not really into video games, but I do like that system. Some of the movements are hard to get used to and I try to use the buttons to move instead of moving the remote where I want to go, but we haven't had it long, and I haven't played a lot. I'm sure it will come with time.

Ralph got ours at Kmart. He called one day and they had one, so he went and got it.

Toby's my baby
03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I've played with them before, they are actually really fun. I'm not sure where you can get them though, I hope you find one though, I'm sure he'd love it!

critter crazy
03-29-2007, 08:45 PM
There are 16 on Amazon.com but they want 399.00 for them!:eek:

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 08:52 PM
That is CRAZY!!

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm emailing with hubby who is at work and he wants to know why I sound frustrated :rolleyes: :p Even if I find one there is no way that I'll be able to hold off till his birthday :p

Craftlady
03-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Save your money by December they will be way cheaper, the thrill of the game will be in less demand.
Anyways, in few months, he tant gonna have time for playing video games.
He'll be busy helping you with diapers, feedings, and keeping Tyler busy. :)

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Save your money by December they will be way cheaper, the thrill of the game will be in less demand.
Anyways, in few months, he tant gonna have time for playing video games.
He'll be busy helping you with diapers, feedings, and keeping Tyler busy. :)

There will be those rare times when both boys are behaving/sleeping that he will need to unwind. Heck we will both need to unwind :rolleyes: I plan on playing the thing as often as I can as well :D :D

BitsyNaceyDog
03-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Anyone have one? Is it worth the money?
Justin was contemplating getting one, but after playing my brother-in-laws he decided he didn't like it enough to buy it. It's great for get togethers, but other than that neither of us were too impressed with it. $250 is a reasonable price for it though (if you can find one). Rayman Raving Rabbids (http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-17319-Rayman-Raving-Rabbids/dp/B000GEDN5E/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7/104-9324104-4280759?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1175221693&sr=8-7) is supposed to be a really good game. We got it for my brother-in-law for his birthday, and he loves it. It's gotten really good reviews too.

Justin has an Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3, out of the two we both prefer the Xbox 360 over the Playstation 3. I don't really play video games though. I mostly use the consoles for playing DVDs and CDs and I like the interface of the Xbox 360 MUCH better than the PS3, it's much more user friendly. I just looked on ebay for the Xbox 360 and they have a lot for really good prices- (of corse always be careful buying things on ebay, and don't forget about the shipping charge).

Sirrahsim
03-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I found out something interesting while making phone calls all over creation today.... Apparently plenty of places get the Wii in stock fairly regularly... but they never reach the shelves because the employees get first dibs and buy them up.... How messed up is that?? So half of these bozos selling their Wii consoles are probably greedy store workers out to make a profit :mad:
I broke down and told hubby that I was looking for a Wii for him because I couldn't hide how frustrated I was about the whole thing :rolleyes: Now we can both be on the lookout for it I guess.