PDA

View Full Version : A perfect puppy...

Glacier
03-29-2007, 05:36 PM
A perfect puppy...that's what Dr. Kim called Tehya today while she was happily chewing on his lab coat. She was so busy chewing on him that she never even noticed when he gave her two vaccinations.

She appears to be in perfect health. Clear heart and lungs, solid hips, good movement in all her joints, clean ears, clear eyes(often a problem in huskies). She has all her adult teeth. She weighs 39 pounds which is "on the light side of normal". My vet prefers dogs to be a little light over a little heavy so he was not concerned about Tehya's weight. She eats a high quality puppy formula and eats well. She just never stops moving so she burns every calorie she takes in! She has gained four pounds and is a bit taller than when she first arrived.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/tehyachair.jpg
She gets spayed on Tuesday. Kim said she go into heat any time and I'm not dealing with that!

cali
03-29-2007, 05:39 PM
hey, she has been copying Misty! lol Misty give that EXACT same look, right down to the slightly opened mouth everytime she wants to look cute.

Glacier
03-29-2007, 05:41 PM
hey, she has been copying Misty! lol Misty give that EXACT same look, right down to the slightly opened mouth everytime she wants to look cute.

Well, she does have a lot of border collie in her! Maybe it's genetic!

Ginger's Mom
03-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Glad to hear that she got such a good check up. We already knew she was a perfect pup. :)

lizbud
03-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, we already knew she was perfect. :D It's nice to hear the Doc thinks
so too. She looks soooo grown up in that picture. :)

Cinder & Smoke
03-29-2007, 06:28 PM
:)

Hey Tamara ~

Has Tehya been "paid for" at the Shelter?

HATE to have them suddenly decide they made a mistake and gave you a "good one" ...
and want to re-po her! :eek:

How's her head *boink* depression?
Is she still got a dent, or has that smoothed over?

Glacier
03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
:)

Has Tehya been "paid for" at the Shelter?

How's her head *boink* depression?
Is she still got a dent, or has that smoothed over?

No worries there. Tehya didn't come from the shelter. She was owner surrendered to Animal Control. It's a high kill facility and she was pulled just before her time was up.

She has a small dent just above her eye, in the black patch on her head. It's likely to be permanent, but it's not that noticeable and causes her no problems.

Sevaede
03-29-2007, 08:01 PM
AWw! Precious wittle girl! :D

Reachoutrescue
03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Tehya is adorable! I love that look! She seems to be saying "do you mind, I'm trying to relax here!!"

critter crazy
03-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Tehya, of course you were a good girl! Just look at that face, you couldnt be anything but perfect,and sweet!:D

dukedogsmom
03-29-2007, 08:23 PM
She is such a doll! She just exudes personality. I think she knows she's too cute.

Bengalz
03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Tehya definitely knows she's perfect ;) It has just taken some time for the rest of the world to understand such perfection :D Serendipitous isn't it? Perfect dog + perfect mom = a seriously good thing :D

Congrats on such a healthy checkup - keep it up little girl - life is good!

Great hugs to you Tamara for helping this little one get to her forever home.

Daisy and Delilah
03-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but this little girl seems to hold a real special place in your heart, Tamara. It's very understandable. What's not to love about her? She's just incredible and she gets more beautiful every time I see her. :)

cyber-sibes
03-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Tehya just seems so adorable, and of course, perfect! Hopefully her spay will go smoothly since she's so healthy. hugs & skritches to that pretty girl!

wolf_Q
03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
She's such an adorable pup. I'm glad the vet said she was "perfect!" :)