PDA

View Full Version : pics of 2 new kittens

toughCookie
07-05-2002, 06:04 PM
here are some pics of my new kittens, not littermates, but both about 2 months old.

just got them home about an hour ago, and got them settled now I think they are sleeping, I have them separated, they are from the Hermitage no-kill shelter, where I went and stayed about an hour, petting all the cats, oh they love the attention!!

I wanted to bring them all home!

Emma is doing good, her paw seems to be healing, she still holds that paw in the air at times, but can run and walk on it!

I won't know the results from the biopsy til next week...

heres the pics.

toughCookie
07-05-2002, 06:07 PM
sorry, I forgot to say, the above pic and this one, is Gideon, soon to be re-named...have not decided on name yet.

toughCookie
07-05-2002, 06:09 PM
this is Spock, also soon to be re-named...he is the more spunky one, Gideon is kinda scared...

toughCookie
07-05-2002, 06:10 PM
another pic of spock

toughCookie
07-05-2002, 06:11 PM
Emma sleeping

toughCookie
07-05-2002, 06:13 PM
Louise sleeping

new pic of da muffer will be posted soon.

yorkster
07-05-2002, 10:39 PM
Oh, what cute kittens! :rolleyes: :)
One of them looks like a tuxedo maybe? (can't remember the name). You are going to have fun! And maybe some sleepless nights for a bit.

We are fostering a little 9 week old right now (actually we might keep him) :) Hope to post some pics soon!

Logan
07-05-2002, 10:57 PM
Those little faces are so adorable!!!! :D

toughCookie
07-05-2002, 11:10 PM
yes please post pics!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-05-2002, 11:21 PM
They are both sooo cute. ToughCookie are you just fostering them or are you going to adopt them? When I saw the pic of Spock the first name that came to me was Patches. Good luck. Will this make 5 cats now? Wow! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/eek9.gif

toughCookie
07-06-2002, 12:36 AM
LOL I was just going to ask for name suggestions! patches! I like that. yes these two are mine, adopted today, no fostering. and yes it makes 5!!! :eek: :eek: I must be CRAZY!!!

any other ideas for the other one, names??

popcornbird
07-06-2002, 02:23 AM
Hmmm.....maybe you can call Gideon "Sylvester." I thnk Patches is a good name as well. What do you think, Sylvester and Patches? I think those names sound nice! :D

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2002, 02:51 AM
Yes I agree. Is Gideon a male or a female? If the kitten is a female then maybe Sylvia but if a male then Sylvester sounds good to me too. Patches can be a male or female name. :)

Miss Meow
07-06-2002, 03:03 AM
They're lovely kittens! I like Patches, but also think Spock is a great name too - very distinctive!

yorkster
07-06-2002, 03:27 AM
I'm liking the name Gideon (Gidion?)...........it seems to fit him.
Patches is a cute name too for either a girl or boy.

Ann
07-06-2002, 04:53 AM
Very cute, all of them! :)

Sam's My Baby
07-06-2002, 08:39 AM
They are adorable!:D :) Please post more pictures!:D :D

toughCookie
07-06-2002, 11:26 AM
both are males, 2 months old

zippy-kat
07-06-2002, 01:45 PM
cute, cute, CUTE!

gini
07-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Such sweet babies! They look so scared - and little do they know that they now HAVE IT MADE!!!

I of course, love the name Patches - that was my sweet Calico girl's name - 16 1/2 years - R/B.

Heather Wallace
07-06-2002, 04:44 PM
wow! Such a lovely face, hope they settle in well.

toughCookie
07-06-2002, 11:49 PM
the 2 little guys are settled in fairly well, have been playing and running around, and Charlie(formalyGideon) discovered the fish! wow! he also discovered under the couch to hide...Patches does not hide, not even when big sisters came out and hissed, and growled !!! both little guys made Emma and Louise, at different times, run away from them, I think it was Patches scared off Louise, and Charlie later scared off Emma. Muffin didnt scare, just got huffy and went to the top of the kitty tree and watched the goings on from up there, I got my stuff from petco and drs foster & smith today, just a few things for the girls to make things easier. you know I must keep them spoiled hehe!

I am still keeping the girls separated from the boys, when the boys were out today I knew they would not get close to the others...and I tried to separate Charlie and Patches, but Patches was crying in there by himself, so I figured it is better for them both to have each other, hopefully Charlie won't get sick, if he does, he will have to get the same medicine, the vet said to just start him on it if he needs it, he would not have to come in.

it was sooo funny watching them play and chase each other today, I almost named them chase and hunter!!! but 5 is enough now, I must have lost my mind... feline family is done, maybe in 10 years I might get more little ones but no more now, wow. Patches kept going behind the tv, on the shelf, I am going to have to block that...

also--- I went to a different vet, since it was Saturday.
they have their first visit with the regualr vet July 12
not sure how THAT is going to go....

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the update ToughCookie. I like the two names that you picked out for the kittens. I'm glad things are going well too. Is Patches sick? In your post you had said that you hoped that Charlie didn't get sick too. I hope it's nothing serious. Good luck. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/felix1.gif Another name I thought of was Felix. This is Felix. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/felix3.gif