PDA

View Full Version : Postal Service

sparks19
03-29-2007, 04:12 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

This is driving me crazy. I made a necklace for "someone" :D and I mailed it out two fridays ago. she hasn't received it yet....

I put my return address on it but it hasnt' come back to me either.

What is taking so long... I hope it didn't get "lost" in the mail.

I have no problems making another necklace and sending it out (UPS this time) but I want to know what the heck is going on.... arggggg

It shouldn't be taking this long should it?

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 04:14 PM
It happens occasionally... I think the rule for insured mail is 6 weeks or so before you can claim it?? Maybe it fell on the floor at a sorting plant and will show up soon. I think it is rare for things to actually get lost.
I know when I lived in Japan I'd be SHOCKED if something *only* took 2 weeks :rolleyes: :D

sparks19
03-29-2007, 04:19 PM
It happens occasionally... I think the rule for insured mail is 6 weeks or so before you can claim it?? Maybe it fell on the floor at a sorting plant and will show up soon. I think it is rare for things to actually get lost.
I know when I lived in Japan I'd be SHOCKED if something *only* took 2 weeks :rolleyes: :D

LOL they aren't even that far away lol I am in PA they are in NY. It would only have taken us a few hours to drive it there LOL we should have done that. I am getting impatient and nervous. I feel bad because they already paid for the necklace and now I am getting paranoid that it's not gonna show up lol

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 04:20 PM
did you get insurance or delivery confirmation or anything?

Husky_mom
03-29-2007, 04:24 PM
weell...... what can i say...... Iīm used to things getting 4-5 weeks to get delivered..... :rolleyes: ....... (just as an example) some of the christmas cards I sent back in December havenīt been received yet......and we are in March!!.....

it may also depend on where you sent them to I guess.........

sparks19
03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
did you get insurance or delivery confirmation or anything?

LOL NO... I gave it to my hubby and he just slapped a crap load of stamps on it and sent it off LOL.....

I said "NEXT time.... we are getting a tracking number... PERIOD"

AdoreMyDogs
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh I've had several items actually stolen, one just recentlly from a pet talker here. I am disgusted with the USPS and I will do everything possible to never use them.

Sirrahsim
03-29-2007, 04:33 PM
One more question and I mean absolutely NO disrespect to your hubby :p
Are you 100% sure it made it to the mailman? Last year sometime I was SURE that I had turned in some movies that we had rented... until I found them a week later in the glovebox of the car :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Hopefully it will arrive soon :)

sparks19
03-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh I've had several items actually stolen, one just recentlly from a pet talker here. I am disgusted with the USPS and I will do everything possible to never use them.

How do you know if they were stolen or not? how does one go about finding that out? that is kind of what we are worried about. That's why I said the post office "lost" it lol in other words it might have gotten lost in someone's pocket. Like I said... I feel bad because she has already paid and did not receive it yet and she lives one state away lol.

We will definately be using UPS from now on.

sparks19
03-29-2007, 04:37 PM
One more question and I mean absolutely NO disrespect to your hubby :p
Are you 100% sure it made it to the mailman? Last year sometime I was SURE that I had turned in some movies that we had rented... until I found them a week later in the glovebox of the car :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Hopefully it will arrive soon :)

HAHAHAH yes I am sure... it's no where to be found in the car lol and that was the last place it was. I checked to make sure.

lvpets2002
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
:) I know here lately US Postal has been a pain in the buu baa.. When I ship to Gary of elsewhere I use UPS Ground Service.. Its also cheaper..

Scooter's Mom
03-29-2007, 06:20 PM
:) I know here lately US Postal has been a pain in the buu baa.. When I ship to Gary of elsewhere I use UPS Ground Service.. Its also cheaper..

No kidding! My package to Gary would have been twice as much and taken twice as long to get there had I shipped it US Mail.

Talk about ridiculous!

Freedom
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
If you are sending something U S Mail, and you want to be able to track it if lost, I think you have to do either registered, delivery confirmation, return receipt, one of those "extra" items. Otherwise, there is no way to track it.

Three years ago, I mailed kites to two brothers, their birthdays are 2 years and one day apart. One got his kite the day before his birthday, end of April. The other got his kite in August; his birthday was also the end of April. Apparently one kite slid down the side of the driver's seat in a delivery truck and it wasn't found until the truck was in the garage for some servicing! (Yup, Auntie Sandie was blasted at the time for not sending presents to BOTH boys! AND forgiven months later when the second one showed up, post marked clearly early in April. Whew!!!)