PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - #205 - Sock it to 'em

gini
03-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Yaaawwwnnnn, stretch..........oh, I ache all over! Did I sleep on that sofa again last night? I have got to quit doing this.

Oh well, as long as I am here I will clean up a bit and then start some breakfast.

Cinnamon buns - fresh roasted coffee for starters - what would everyone like today?

Hello? Hello? Oh, gosh, am I the only one here?

RedHedd
03-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm here! I'm here! Home and healing from my eye procedure - can't really call it a surgery as it was done in the office, but I'm home, blurry in one eye. At least the pain has decreased and my vision is slowly coming back. Yesterday the doc said I'm healing fine.

I see there's no title for this week's Thursday's, however I just got a reminder that this coming Sunday San Francisco will have its annual St. Stupid's Day parade! YAY! I can't wait - let the sock exchange begin! :D

Just coffee and one of those yummy Cinnamon buns for me for now.... :cool:

gini
03-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Red, so glad you are doing well. See, just for you I changed the Thursday title.

St. Stupid's Day - you gotta laugh!

Almost forgot - here's a cup of good coffee - now just relax and heal!
Or is that heel?:D In St. Stupid's Day honor?

Karen
03-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Gini - did you ever check the expiration dates on your beloved peeps? I found some from last year in the pantry - and they don't expire until THIS December! Checked and the ones in the store now don't expire until October 2008! Talk about stale!

sparks19
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Gini - did you ever check the expiration dates on your beloved peeps? I found some from last year in the pantry - and they don't expire until THIS December! Checked and the ones in the store now don't expire until October 2008! Talk about stale!

Do marshmellows expire? lol I had no idea :D

Redhedd, Ouch... I hope your eye is better soon.

I know it's 2 in the afternoon but um.... I was off work today and just got up about an hour ago lol is it too late for breakfast? haha

Edwina's Secretary
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Even though the sun is shining it is a bit chilly here in SoCal.....so a peg of whiskey please..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oh...and hold the water...we're on water rationing all week.... :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I've brought the water! Well, that was a cheap round. I've brought our rain as well, we generally have enough to go round.

A cinnamon bun and a coffee for me please. Why is there a sock on my plate?

sparks19
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I've brought the water! Well, that was a cheap round. I've brought our rain as well, we generally have enough to go round.

A cinnamon bun and a coffee for me please. Why is there a sock on my plate?

EW... I hope it's a clean one.... the sock... not the plate.. although I hope that is a clean one too lol

momoffuzzyfaces
03-29-2007, 01:54 PM
For some reason I want chocolate and lots of it today!!! :D

RedHedd
03-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Why is there a sock on my plate? It's an annual tradition in San Francisco on April Fool's Day we hold the St. Stupid's Day parade. One feature of the parade is an annual ritual held in front of the Pacific Stock Exchange building, except it's the Pacific SOCK Exchange. Hilarity ensues as people bring clean socks to exchange - it usually erupts into a mass of socks flying in the air, furiously being exchanged - all in honor of St. Stupid :D

Let's see (and I can see, albeit blurrily) .... it's a little past noon here and for whatever reason, I'm hankering for some pizza! Think I'll wander across the street and snatch a slice ;)

sparks19
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM

WELLLLLL......

I have lots of those foil wrapped chocolate easter eggs.... I may be persuaded to share a few :D

davidpizzica
03-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Any cinnamon buns left? I'll have a couple and a big Irish coffee. Don't look now, but Mario has socks on his feet, arms and ears! Hope they're clean!

Killearn Kitties
03-29-2007, 03:29 PM
:confused: And your point is? Surely that's just a normal day?!! :D

Careful crossing the street, Red! Hope your vision clears soon.

gini
03-29-2007, 03:40 PM

Karen, I would check the dates on my peeps - but currently they have all been recruited as "pucks" by our local hockey team. Seems the ones that I have are perfectly aged and the right density.

I will check when they return home:D

gini
03-29-2007, 03:42 PM

MOFF - move over and share some of that chocolate............ohhh you have the good kind too! Here, could you put some in my sock?

gini
03-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Even though the sun is shining it is a bit chilly here in SoCal.....so a peg of whiskey please..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oh...and hold the water...we're on water rationing all week.... :rolleyes:

Ahh, and I see the lady with the "rolling eyes" fame is here with us today.;)
Give her anything she wants!!

moosmom
03-29-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't know about you, but I LOVE my peeps stale. The staler the better. :p

Hi everyone!!! Thought I'd pop in and show my face. How about a Bailey's Caramel Irish Creme with a little half and half. Mmmmmm!!

Hi Davidp!!

How ya feeling?

sparks19
03-29-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't know about you, but I LOVE my peeps stale. The staler the better. :p

Hi everyone!!! Thought I'd pop in and show my face. How about a Bailey's Caramel Irish Creme with a little half and half. Mmmmmm!!

Hi Davidp!!

How ya feeling?

How long does it take for them to get stale? or do you have a system to make them go stale :D

cassiesmom
03-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Gini, I'll take a cup of your coffee if there is any left. If not, I can start another pot. It can be decaf or regular, either one is fine.

Edwina's Secretary
03-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Ahh, and I see the lady with the "rolling eyes" fame is here with us today.;)
Give her anything she wants!!

Oh Gini...you are inspired..or inspiring....how about a song....remember the Rawhide song.....Rollin' rollin' rollin'....keep them eyeballs rollin'....Rawhide! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but we need something to replace Rawhide....hhhmmmm...

By the way Gini...I may need to stop by if OC runs out of water.....either that or pop over and use some of KK's rain water...

Killearn Kitties
03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh here, here, here! We usually have plenty. Ask poor Karen about her visit to Glasgow. Grey skies and rain rain rain! OK it was in January, but all the same!

I remember some years ago seeing a cartoon with two guys waking along in the driving rain. The big story at the time was that vast areas of England were suffering drought conditions and wanted to buy some of our water. Our reservoirs were very well stocked at the time. One of the guys (remember the two guys?) was saying to the other "the really smart thing would be to sell it at source."

Marigold2
03-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Do you have any french vanilla cream to go with that coffee, if not I will pick some up on the way? I also have some blueberry muffins to share.

lizbud
03-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh Gini...you are inspired..or inspiring....how about a song....remember the Rawhide song.....Rollin' rollin' rollin'....keep them eyeballs rollin'....Rawhide! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but we need something to replace Rawhide....hhhmmmm...

I just love those rollin' eyeballs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Can't think of anything to rhyme with rawhide though. :D

I'd like an Irish Creme & coffe please. :)

P.s. One Blueberry muffin too. I love em.

wombat2u2004
03-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Calories ladies....
Watch the calories !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wombat

gini
03-29-2007, 07:34 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: There - WOM! I am going to give you some rollin eyeballs back..........don't you know that NOTHING is fattening here at Thursdays?

Isn't anyone ready for some afternoon tea - or? Well, guess it is those muffins - they do go good with tea.

Check out the rolling eyeballs, at least for right now - they are rollin in rotation!
Pretty funny! (edit: - sorry - they are all lined up now - too bad)

Fresh coffee - many flavored creams - even some Baileys if you would like.

lizbud
03-29-2007, 07:58 PM
I would like another muffin. Marigold these are yummy. :) A little more
Baileys in my coffee please. Mmmm good, Thanks.

DrKym
03-29-2007, 08:27 PM
AHHHHHHHHH it has been a BUSY BUSY week, so glad to see so many friends in one spot!

Please Madame barkeep can I have a double whiskey? no muffin for me though, I did bring along my famous Chicken Parmesean with a huge wilted spinach salad and warm bacon dressing! Help yourselves, I need to put my feet up! :p

wombat2u2004
03-29-2007, 08:33 PM
AHHHHHHHHH it has been a BUSY BUSY week, so glad to see so many friends in one spot!

Please Madame barkeep can I have a double whiskey? no muffin for me though, I did bring along my famous Chicken Parmesean with a huge wilted spinach salad and warm bacon dressing! Help yourselves, I need to put my feet up! :p

A tough week in the outer portions of the universe Madam ????
Make that a triple whisky....why not ???
Wombat

wombat2u2004
03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: There - WOM! I am going to give you some rollin eyeballs back..........don't you know that NOTHING is fattening here at Thursdays?

Isn't anyone ready for some afternoon tea - or? Well, guess it is those muffins - they do go good with tea.

Check out the rolling eyeballs, at least for right now - they are rollin in rotation!
Pretty funny! (edit: - sorry - they are all lined up now - too bad)

Fresh coffee - many flavored creams - even some Baileys if you would like.

Thanx mate....love those rolly eyes.
Nope...no afternoon tea for me.....I'm sittin up on a roof enjoying the sunshine right now.
Wom :cool:

DrKym
03-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Bless you Wom !!a man that understands good whiskey should be consumed well and often!!

This universe is going to be even more outer portioned in a few days ...................................anybody want any space rocks? I am certain if I shake my son in law hard enough a few will fall out of his ears :rolleyes:

sparks19
03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Calories ladies....
Wombat

Calories???

I didn't get this body by eating right and exercising :D LOL ;)

wombat2u2004
03-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Calories???

I didn't get this body by eating right and exercising :D LOL ;)

You didn't ???? Then you must tell us how you did......details please !!!!!
LOLOLOLOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wom

wombat2u2004
03-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Bless you Wom !!a man that understands good whiskey should be consumed well and often!!

This universe is going to be even more outer portioned in a few days ...................................anybody want any space rocks? I am certain if I shake my son in law hard enough a few will fall out of his ears :rolleyes:

Doc.....it's a personal hygeine thing. If he cleaned out his ears regularly, he wouldn't have space rocks in there. I know....I'm deaf already !!!!! :o :(
Wom

Killearn Kitties
03-30-2007, 04:22 AM
It's Wolflady's birthday today, so I have brought a HUGE cake and some candles in the shape of little socks! Cute, aren't they? Party time! It's Lori Jordan's birthday too I see, although I don't know that she ever frequents this establishment.

I am never again going to hear Rawhide without seeing eyeballs rolling across the plains. :D Thanks for that image folks. I could probably have lived without that.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Mind if I join you? Its been one of "those" weeks and I could use a nice vodka and tonic

Killearn Kitties
03-30-2007, 04:59 AM
Absolutely! Would you like some birthday cake with that? If we sneak a bit from the back, Wolflady might not notice that we opened it in her absence. We can cover the gap with a sock! Brilliant plan, eh?

The week is almost over! Just hang on a few more hours.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-30-2007, 05:45 AM
A very cunning plan my lord......

sparks19
03-30-2007, 08:17 AM
You didn't ???? Then you must tell us how you did......details please !!!!!
LOLOLOLOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wom

LOL

A strict schedule of sitting on the couch..... with short walks to the kitchen or bathroom....

and chocolate in between :D

LOL

wombat2u2004
03-30-2007, 09:23 AM
LOL

A strict schedule of sitting on the couch..... with short walks to the kitchen or bathroom....

and chocolate in between :D

LOL

And that really worked huh ??? I'll try that tomorrow.
:cool: (Actually, this is a rolly eye one, but I have disguised it with sunglasses)
Wom

sparks19
03-30-2007, 01:02 PM
And that really worked huh ??? I'll try that tomorrow.
:cool: (Actually, this is a rolly eye one, but I have disguised it with sunglasses)
Wom

LOL well I didn't say what kind of body it was :D all I said was I didn't get it by eating right and exercising lol

cassiesmom
03-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Calories ladies....
Wombat

Aarrgh, Wombat, I AM watching the calories! But the problem isn't that I'm watching them, it's that I am eating far too many of them. Isn't there some kind of way that watching them causes them to inflict less weight gain on people? (You know how a watched pot never boils? What does a watched calorie do?) If I stare down a Peep, does it become devoid of calories?

lizbud
03-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Geeeeze, I miss Richard :rolleyes: :( :mad: :rolleyes: :(

gini
03-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Liz, I do agree with you - noticed that you used two rolling eyes too!

Here, sit down, kick those shoes off, relax.

What would you like to drink this afternoon?

DrKym
03-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Aarrgh, Wombat, I AM watching the calories! But the problem isn't that I'm watching them, it's that I am eating far too many of them. Isn't there some kind of way that watching them causes them to inflict less weight gain on people? (You know how a watched pot never boils? What does a watched calorie do?) If I stare down a Peep, does it become devoid of calories?

As with all food hun, if you break it open before eating it the calories fall out!
Hence even Oreos are safe and they teach you on their commercials how to "properly" eat one :D

Grabs a fresh Whiskey and breaks open the tiramisu before scarfing it!
Btw, I was over 200 in late January and I am down to 172 as of this am, so lets pop some champagne too the bubbles float the calories out :D

wolflady
03-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh you are so sweet to bring this delicious cake! :o That definitely hits the spot. Drinks all around! I'll take a Midori Sour please!

Also, there's no such thing as calories at Thursdays! :p In fact, eating this cake will make us lose weight!

*giggle*

sparks19
03-30-2007, 05:43 PM
As with all food hun, if you break it open before eating it the calories fall out!
Hence even Oreos are safe and they teach you on their commercials how to "properly" eat one :D

:D

:eek: How come I have been left out of the loop on this tid bit.....

that could have come in handy a few pounds ago lol

Edwina's Secretary
03-30-2007, 05:50 PM
KK...would you prefer.....roll :rolleyes: , roll, :rolleyes: roll :rolleyes: your eyes :rolleyes: gently down the stream...merrily, merrily, merrily...life is but a dream!

That can be YOUR birthday tune.... a day early....

DrKym
03-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Im sorry hun, I know it is true because my Grandmom told me that years ago LOL, so my weight gain has been properly blamed on having kids! Food is NOT the culprit.............................. :p

(loves the self delusion a triple whiskey can bring ) ;)

gini
03-30-2007, 05:56 PM
ES - you are brilliant! Thanks for the reminder!

Here is one HUGE CAKE for our Karen. And a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GO WITH IT!

And there isn't even one rolling eyeball on that cake either.

Hugs to you Karen!

Cinder & Smoke
03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
We could have a Cake Rollin Contest :rolleyes: ...

See who can ROLL the Cake :rolleyes: the farthest distance down the Bar ...
But I'm not too sure how all the Frosting would hold up. :confused:

Be kinda ruff to have to cut & serve a NEKED Cake, then spoon your Frosting
off the Bar. :p

On that note:

Have yourself a

Hap, HAPP,

H A P P I E :)

Birfday,

Miz Karen!!

:D

DrKym
03-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Spoon what frosting??? Mario would have eaten it all LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL!! many happy returns and may you be blessed beyond measure in the upcoming year!

gini
03-30-2007, 06:19 PM
We could have a Cake Rollin Contest http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif ...

Be kinda ruff to have to cut & serve a NEKED Cake, then spoon your Frosting
off the Bar. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

Worse has been known to happen here and one bright winky coming up!http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

wombat2u2004
03-30-2007, 06:29 PM
If I stare down a Peep, does it become devoid of calories?

Well sure it does CM, not one calorie will be in sight for many years to come.
But, it has to be an Australian Peep !!!!
Wom

wolflady
03-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys! :D
**hugs**

Randi
03-31-2007, 01:55 PM
I'll join in today and have a coffee with a few drops of Grand Marnier in honour of KK's birthday - I'm bringing a rhubarb crumble in case the layered cake is all messed up. ;)

Happy Birthday, Karen!!

davidpizzica
03-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Randi, let me grab a big cup of coffee and I'll join you in saluting Karen's birhday with krumble cake all around!