PDA

View Full Version : Minimum wages increasing

slleipnir
03-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Ok, so our min. wages just went up here like 30 cents or something (lol) and before I was being paid 15 cents above min. wage from a raise I got. Min. wage goes up and all of a sudden my 15 cents above the minimum is gone? I'm only getting min. wage now?? I know it's only 15 cents but it's really annoying...I called the labour office and they said it's not against the law....is there anything I can do? Or should I just forget about it? I don't see why I should lose my raise cause the wages went up...

Roxyluvsme13
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Wouldn't you still be getting an extra 15 cents since the wage went up 30 cents and now you're being paid 15 cents more than the extra 15 cents you were getting when the minimum wage was 30 cents lower? :confused: Sorry, that was really confusing.. I still think you should be getting your 15 cents.

dab_20
03-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Wouldn't you still be getting an extra 15 cents since the wage went up 30 cents and now you're being paid 15 cents more than the extra 15 cents you were getting when the minimum wage was 30 cents lower? :confused: Sorry, that was really confusing.. I still think you should be getting your 15 cents.

lol Briana, huh? ;) :)

It's only fair to get your extra 15 cents, but I don't know if there is much you can do about it. I think your job can pay you anything as long as it's at or above the min. wage, no matter if it's raised. I might be wrong though.

slleipnir
03-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I know there is no law saying they have to...I was just curious if I could do anything about it. I hate my work, I feel so unappreciated there D: I only stay to help my mom and because I love our regulars.

Bri: No, because right now I'm being paid 15 cents OVER min. wage because I got a raise before. So, that shouldn't change (IMO) just because the wages went up. I should still be getting 15 cents over min. wage...but I'm not.

last time this happened, they kept me 15 cents over...but for some reason they don't want to this time. They're so cheap. We have cut backs for everything, it's dumb.

sparks19
03-28-2007, 11:44 PM
In ontario it will be up to $10.00 an hour by the end of summer... or that is what they are trying for anyway.

YOu should be getting your extra .15 cents above... but chances are they probably just can't "afford" to pay that much extra. It doesn't sound like much but an extra .30 an hour for all employees adds up to a lot. That sucks

Karen
03-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Have you asked your boss about it? That would be a first step ...

slleipnir
03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm sure they can afford it, they just don't like our property.

I have talked to my boss, but like everything else I ask her, she just can't be bothered.