PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is my hot air balloon ride!

Dixieland Dancer
07-05-2002, 09:01 AM
My hubby got me a Hot air balloon ride for a birthday present. Tomorrow morning at 6:30 am is when I am scheduled to fly! Here is a picture of the balloon I will be in. I am soooo excited!!! :D

http://66.39.116.220/rnw/balloon/flights/n6588l.jpg

Pam
07-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Candy you are a braver woman than I! I would be sitting in the bottom of the basket afraid to look around! LOL! I can imagine that the sights will be beautiful from up there. Have a wonderful ride and take some pictures for us OK? Stay safe and have fun!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-05-2002, 09:12 AM
How fun! I have never been in a hot air balloon, but have always wanted to. I have been skydiving several times though.

Logan
07-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Isn't that a wonderful idea? I hope the weather will be perfect and you will have a terrific time, Candy!!!! I'm envious. I think I would love to do that someday. :D

07-05-2002, 09:50 AM
I was in a hot balloon ride once in my life .
It was about one year ago now .
Well that was a fabulous feeling !!! I was scared to dead , but after a while I was brave enough to look over the edge of the basket .... ! Oh my , the world below was so beautiful .... it took my breath away !!! And complete silence too , besides a few angry barking dogs ! Funny too !! We saw about 100 cows who just went nuts as they saw us ... haha , lol !!!
I was most afraid for the landing , but that too went smoothly ! The most bad thing is that the accompanying car that had to follow us and pick us up , could not find our landing spot !!
Took him 1 hour to find us !!! Then we had to stay inside the balloon-basket untill the balloon was attached to the ground again !! If someone tried to leave the balloon (for an urgent matter , if you know what I mean ;) ) , the balloon almost went back upwards !!!! I also had difficulties to climb out of the basket ; My back hurt for many days , but believe me , it was all worth it !!!

So ,Candy , enjoy it !! Let us know how it went !!
:cool: :cool: :D :cool: :D

Randi
07-05-2002, 11:05 AM
That is so exiting, I'd love to do that! So would John, only it would be difficult to get him out of bed that early! LOL! :D

Have a nice tour and stay safe! :) and tell us all about it later! ;)

Sam's My Baby
07-05-2002, 11:38 AM
That looks and sounds so awesome! I would Love to ride in one of those! Have a safe trip!:)

Former User
07-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Have fun Candy! This is something I could not never ever do, as I'm afraid of hights! I hope you have fun tomorrow!
I'd be a "basket case" if I had to do this....:rolleyes:

Logan
07-05-2002, 12:22 PM
What a pun, Niina!!!! Especially since Candy will be in a basket!!! :D :D :D To each his own........I'm sure you will do something equally daring in your lifetime, just not hot air balloons!!! :D

Uabassoon
07-05-2002, 12:56 PM
How exiciting, you'll have a great time. I gone skydiving a few times, and being so high up looking down at the ground is so beautiful. Let us know how it went.

Albea
07-05-2002, 01:00 PM
WHAT AN ADVENTURE! HAVE FUN!!!

AmberLee
07-05-2002, 01:21 PM
Oh! How EXCITING!!! Have a marvelous time and tell us all about it when you get back! It's been a dream f mine to go up, and I would love to hear details of your trip.

Have a terrific and fun adventure!

zippy-kat
07-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Have FUN!!!! (and remember to hold on TIGHT!) ;)

07-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Niina , it sounds strange , but in a balloon all people who are afraid of hights are not afraid !! I know , because normally I am to scared to stand up a ladder !!! I asked the balloon-driver about this . he said that in a balloon , nobody is afraid of the hight ; and the reason is that your feet have no connection with the ground anymore ! Sounds strange , but he is right !!! I was not scared at all once I realised it !! A few days later I was on top of a high building , and as came closer to the edge , I was soooo dizzy !!! odd , I know !!

Randi
07-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Lut! Yes, It is strange. John doesn't like heights either, but he doesn't mind flying. Once we we went up to the top of Sagrada Familia in Barcelona in a lift, he wanted to go down again immediately! I walked outside on the little "bridge" between the towers. Never the less, he would love to go on a hot air balloon! :cool: It must be a mindblowing experience!

The most exiting experience I've had in that department was when I was allowed to sit on the flight deck during landing - this was only 2 years ago on a SAS flight from London. I loved it - even though I had 5 straps around me - and forgot the video! :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
07-05-2002, 04:17 PM
Up, up and away!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a soaring good time Candy!! And please, please, be safe!!!:)

NoahsMommy
07-05-2002, 04:50 PM
That sounds like SO much fun!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time and hurry back to tell us how it was....oh oh, take pictures too??? You will have such a glorious view....

When I was little, my grandmother's neighbor was a balloon chaser...he would follow the hot air balloons until they landed and would return the balloon. It was so neat to see that HUGE balloon being filled up with the hot air...amazing!!

ENJOY!!!! :D

anna_66
07-05-2002, 09:42 PM
COOL!!!
That sounds so fun, let us know all about it when you get back!

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2002, 12:40 AM
WOW! I hope you have a great time but also a safe one too. This is something that I would be afraid to do. Be sure to take a lot of pictures to share with us. :D

Ann
07-06-2002, 04:51 AM
Wow, how fun!!! Have a great time :)

Former User
07-06-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by lut
Niina , it sounds strange , but in a balloon all people who are afraid of hights are not afraid !! I know , because normally I am to scared to stand up a ladder !!! I asked the balloon-driver about this . he said that in a balloon , nobody is afraid of the hight ; and the reason is that your feet have no connection with the ground anymore ! Sounds strange , but he is right !!! I was not scared at all once I realised it !! A few days later I was on top of a high building , and as came closer to the edge , I was soooo dizzy !!! odd , I know !!

I don't think so Lut! I know myself and there's NO WAY I woulnd't be afraid on the balloon. Exactly the fact that I woulnd't have connection with the ground makes me scared. Oh well, nothing to think about, not going to balloon anyways!
The biggest dare of my life was to leave my own country behind and everything I had for the sake of the true love!

Former User
07-06-2002, 10:35 AM
Candy, how did you "fly" go?

Treen
07-07-2002, 04:56 AM
Oooh how exciting - my parents went on one recently and *loved* it! Hope you had a great time!

Randi
07-07-2002, 08:26 AM
Are you back yet? Or still flying around up there? :D

Pam
07-07-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Are you back yet? Or still flying around up there? :D

Yes Candy, please do write and let us know your feet have once again touched the ground! :D

koxka
07-07-2002, 01:03 PM
Dixi:How was your ballon ride?I'm just so envious!
I always would love to do that! Once I made a poll
among my family&friends looking for some company to go,and all I got was NOT!!!.
My father got a privet licence to pilot small planes,so as a adolescent I used to accompany him on his sunday's flights,it was a great time!.
So I can imagine to fly with no engine's sounds,no roof above your head,only the wind around you and the sky over....I said,just envious:p

Randi:Fun,I was born and grown up in Barcelona,and never went up to the top of Sagrada Familia nor the Columbus monument,but went to revolving tower in Vancouver and Calgary,and went to the top of the Tour Eiffel,I guess is something you only do when you are a tourist!

Lut:I was always wondering what I'm sacred to step on a ladder,but enjoy flying so much,you gave me the answer "is that your feet have no connection with the ground" have to find out what's on in ours brains.Have anybody a clue?

Koxa:cool: