PDA

View Full Version : Mood rings.. what do you think of them?

CountryWolf07
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I have a mood ring; but I am wondering if whatever color it is on the ring is really how we feel at the moment -- is it true? What do you think of them?

sparks19
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
It goes by temperature... if your finger is warm... it will change... if your finger gets cooler... it changes. :D Of course... perhaps temperature is tied to mood.

Catty1
03-28-2007, 03:37 PM
The same questions were asked back in the 70's...this is retro! :D

I recall that the temperature of your fingers changes the colour of the ring. So if you are relaxed, blood flow might be better and the colour show you are 'happy'. If you are tense, and your hands cool down, opposite.

moosmom
03-28-2007, 07:26 PM
OMG, I haven't heard of mood rings since the 70s. What a hoot!!

sirrahved
03-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I had one when I was in middle school in the late nineties. EVERY DAY that winter when I waited for the bus outside, it was black! Must be going to school put me in a bad mood...

It may have some sort of accuracy if you were constantly the same temperature. Every time you are exposed to warm or cold, though, it affects the ring.

sparks19
03-29-2007, 12:14 AM
I had one when I was in middle school in the late nineties. EVERY DAY that winter when I waited for the bus outside, it was black! Must be going to school put me in a bad mood...

It may have some sort of accuracy if you were constantly the same temperature. Every time you are exposed to warm or cold, though, it affects the ring.

Yeah in our display case at work a lady made some mood rings.. when we would come in in the morning they would be yellow but throughout the day as the store heated up and the lights were shining on it... it got darker and darker. It might have been the other way around actually...d ark to light... can't remember now. But they are neat none the less.... hard to co ordinate outfits with a constantly changing ring though HAHAHA