PDA

View Full Version : Mama Dog And Young In Need....GRAPHIC PICS...4/04/07 A NOT VERY GOOD UPDATE PG 5

Reachoutrescue
03-28-2007, 11:19 AM
We received an email today from Pound Dog Rescue, in Virgina, Illinois, a rescue we often work with, regarding a female Pit Bull and her eight puppies. We do not have space for them. She is currently in a high kill shelter in Moline, Illinois, which is about 3 hours from me. She was said to have been attacked by another dog before she was brought to the shelter. It was said she was just about to whelp when she got in the fight. She is pretty messed up. She had her puppies on March 18th. I do know she is okay with people going into her kennel to clean, but not much more. I am awaiting information from Paul of Pound Dog Rescue. He is willing to help transport her to a rescue or foster home. I am worried they will all be put down. I was also told there is a seven day holding period at the shelter she is at. Please let me know if anybody is able to help or if know any other rescue that may be willing. I have contacted The Chicagoland Bully Breed Rescue, and they are full, but looking for potential rescues that may help. Just PM me and I will give you my number so we can discuss what could be done for her. Thank you everybody.

I have attached pictures of her and her pups. Please be advised, THEY ARE NOT GREAT TO LOOK AT.

Mama
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mama_dog_and_puppies_004.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mama_dog_and_puppies_001.jpg

Mama and pups
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mama_dog_and_puppies_009.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mama_dog_and_puppies_007.jpg

Pups
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mama_dog_and_puppies_006.jpg

Lobodeb
03-28-2007, 11:23 AM
When I rescued a pittie a while back, I couldn't keep him after he and Sammy got into it. The Furry Friends Foundation ended up taking him for me. Hopefully they can help you.

Poor girl...I hope she recovers.

critter crazy
03-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Awww....Poor baby!! I sure wish I could help! momma looks so sad!!:(

ramanth
03-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Poor momma and pups. :( I hope a foster or home can be found.

Jadapit
03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
When I saw the pictures of the poor mama dog, I started crying. :( I swear if I were anywhere near Illinios I would foster her and the pups. I pray her and the babies will be saved.

luvofallhorses
03-28-2007, 12:13 PM
OMG!!! :( that poor sweetheart! :( I hope she will be okay. :(

Husky_mom
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Poor babies!! mama and all......

I wish I could take mama and one pup....... wish I lived closer....... hoping they all get great homes.......

Reachoutrescue
03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Thank you everybody. We are trying to remain hopefull for this lil' family of pups. It is so sad that people hear the name "Pit Bull" and turn their heads. It is all how you raise and treat a dog that makes them the dog they become. I just hope it is not too late for this unnamed beauty and her babies. I am going to call her Faith. Because I beleive she will be okay and one day be in a loving home. I will keep you all updated on her and her young.

Lobodeb
03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Any luck with the Furry Friends Foundation? What about the Animal Welfare League?

Jadapit
03-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I haven't been able to get her off my mind all day. It breaks my heart to see what happens to so many pit bulls. It is very "sad" how some people turn their heads when it comes to the breed. I love the breed so, so much. I will own a pit bull as long as I'm alive. Please do keep us posted on what becomes of her and her family.

Faith is a beautiful name for her. Thank you so much for loving and caring about the pit bulls.

*edit to add*

I just noticed one of the pups is the same color as Ebony. He/she even has the same little white mark on his/her back. So sweet!

Reachoutrescue
03-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Any luck with the Furry Friends Foundation? What about the Animal Welfare League?
I emailed Furry Friends and am awaiting their reply. Animal Welfare League will just put her down due to her breed.....not sure about the pups, but more then likely them as well. I am still hopeful on finding a solution though

Thank you so much for loving and caring about the pit bulls.
There is no need to thank me. My boy Scruff is part Pit. I love breed as well. I am trying to convince Dave, my fiance, to let us take her and the pups. It will be hard though. Our house is small and we have our two boys, three dogs (one is a foster), and several cats. If all else fails, she will be here. I will let you guys know soon as I figure it out..

coco-bean
03-28-2007, 05:15 PM
I would like one of pups! I live in Iowa, only about 3 hours from moline! Depending on how much the pups are i would LOVE to take one, for the keeping of course!! Please feel free to pm me with more informatioN!!

lute
03-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Tracy, you are doing so wonderful helping this poor momma dog and pups! I wish I could take them, but I'm in no postion to do so right now. If you need any help with transport you have my number!

animal_rescue
03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I wish I could help but since we still have my fosters, Thor and Emmy, I really can't. :( Good Luck though!

tikeyas_mom
03-28-2007, 06:37 PM
oh wow I hat this sorta thing happen... She looks like she is so scared and sad.. :(:(.. I hpe they get out of that kill shelter they are in right away!!! Im praying they all goto good loving homes :(:(.

pitc9
03-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Oh the poor poor thing... I pray she heals, both emotinally and physically.
She knew she had to stay strong during the attack for her unborn babies.
:(
She proved herself to be a wonderful mom even before she gave birth.
It breaks my heart to tiny pieces....

I pray she is found a wonderful home and lives the rest of her life in the lap of luxury. She deserves it.

Reachoutrescue
03-29-2007, 10:30 AM
I just got another email from a lady at the Chicago Bully Breed Rescue. Here are her two emails, and the one I sent as well.

"Hi Tracy,
My name is Debbie Wilke and I'm with CBBR. The
momma dog and her pups are at a shelter in Rock
Island. I have the original email Cindy sent out about
her and can send it to you. Cindy does work very close
with Paul from Dog Pound rescue so you may have this
info already. She got into a fight with another dog in
the house where she was at. There were three of them.
I'm sure they were all intact etc. They had to use
mace to get them seperated, that's why her face was
so swollen. The guy who owned her is
not a nice guy or decent animal owner. I guess he got
one of the dogs back. They have had parvo at the
shelter in the past and are worried as the pups get
older they will become sick. I'm hoping someone can
take them, we are just so packed. I keep thinking this
whole pitbull thing will level off but it just keeps
getting worse. If you would like to speak to Cindy I
will give you her info.

Debbie
__________________________________________________ ______________

Debbie,

Thank you for the information about the Pit and Pups. Are they in the new Shelter in Rock Island? If it is a no kill shelter and has a vet on staff, why would they want to move her? I am sure it has a lot to do with the breed. The Pit Bull epidemic will never end as long as people like this girl's owner are able to get dogs back and continue to breed and fight them. I am trying to make some space here for her, but it will be hard. Our rescue is based out of our home and foster homes. I have children that I am worried about. I don't know how she would be here. My foster homes refused from day one to take Pits or Rotts. I wish people would stop being afraid of a breed and just wake up. I will be in touch. Oh, I would love to have Cindy's information so I can contact her.

Thank you.

Tracy Caccavella
Founder
Reach Out Rescue, NFP
www.reachoutrescuenfp.org
(708) 243-8304
__________________________________________________ _______________

Hi Tracy,
yes, i believe she is in the new shelter. I don't
believe the Momma is in any danger of being put down.
the concern is more about having her in such a
stressful enviornment while she has pups. Also, the
parvo thing is a concern. I don't think there has been
any sings of human aggression. Cindy's husband David
trains and temp. tests dogs. I'm sure they would be
hapy to do this for you if you want to take her. My
biggest concern would be keeping her seperate from
other dogs.

Debbie"

So, now I am deciding whether I take her or not. The fact that I had Parvo here about two months ago worries me too. If she is out of danger (eutahnization), then maybe it would be best for her and the pups stay there. Any suggestions guys?

Jadapit
03-29-2007, 11:03 AM
So, they think this guy fights his dogs? Someone should beat the *snot* out of him then throw him in a cage. It sucks that he got one of the dogs back! People like him dont deserve any animal period. Its fools like him that ruin the breed. I cant begin to tell you how mad it makes me. I cant say what I really want because this is a family site. ;)

Maybe it would be for the best to leave her where she is for the time being. She may be really dog aggressive. You would probably have to do a lot of crate and rotating if you took her. Having her temp. tested would help a lot. I hope her damn owner is happy with the misery he has caused Faith. I doubt he cares though. :(

lizbud
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Does anyone think that mama dog acted this way out of protection
for the life of her pups ? I think where I read she was about to give birth
when the other dogs came around & the fight started.

Jadapit
03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Does anyone think that mama dog acted this way out of protection
for the life of her pups ? I think where I read she was about to give birth
when the other dogs came around & the fight started.

That very well could be the reason, owning more than one pit bull can be a challenge. You really have to know what your doing. I have a feeling the owner is one of those people that shouldn't own the breed period. There is no reason to bring more pit bull pups in this world the sheters are packed with unwanted pit bulls as it is. She would really need to be temp tested to know how she would do around other dogs.

luvofallhorses
03-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I agree with Donna. the poor baby. people suck! :mad:

Reachoutrescue
03-29-2007, 12:18 PM
That very well could be the reason, owning more than one pit bull can be a challenge. You really have to know what your doing. I have a feeling the owner is one of those people that shouldn't own the breed period. There is no reason to bring more pit bull pups in this world the sheters are packed with unwanted pit bulls as it is. She would really need to be temp tested to know how she would do around other dogs.
I am going to email Debbie now and ask her to have a temp test done on Faith to see if she is good with kids and dogs. Then I will make my decision. I just want to be 1000% sure she is not going to be put down now or even after her pups are weaned. Maybe I can take her when her pups are bigger....I will have to see.

Jadapit
03-29-2007, 12:30 PM
I am going to email Debbie now and ask her to have a temp test done on Faith to see if she is good with kids and dogs. Then I will make my decision. I just want to be 1000% sure she is not going to be put down now or even after her pups are weaned. Maybe I can take her when her pups are bigger....I will have to see.

She may turn out to be ok with other dogs, lets hope thats the case. I have a feeling she will be fine with humans. She so deserves to live and go to a home where someone loves her, not to some idiot thats going to fight her or use her for a breeding machine. Please keep us updated on her and the pups. I cant stop thinking about her. Why cant you be be closer to Colorado? ;)

Reachoutrescue
03-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Jadapit, I just pmed you.

Kfamr
03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
How upsetting. I am glad she and her pups are now getting the care they need.

Reachoutrescue
03-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Well all day I have been in contact with Debbie of CBBR. I have also been speaking to Paul of Pound Dog Rescue. Faith will be going to a temporary foster home on Saturday. She will stay there until April 13th, that is where I come in. I am going to meet her and the pups on Saturday, April 7th. If all goes well and she likes me and Dave, we will take her and her pups on the 13th. I will foster them until weaning is done. I have made up a Pit Bull Application and am requiring pups be enrolled in puppy classes prior to going to their new homes. I will get them altered and vaccinated prior to adoption as well. If I can not find Faith a home, she will go to Paul's rescue, where she will be loved and cared for in his home. I will update when I find out more. Thank you everybody for caring so much for sweet Faith and her family. It is good to know not everybody is against this sad breed. :)

Newest Pics of Puppies...So Cute!!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mamadogandpuppies016.jpg

Reachoutrescue
03-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Faith and her pups are going to foster care tomorrow and will stay there until the pups are weaned. Then Faith and three to four pups will come here and be socialized, altered, vaccinated, and microchipped. They will then be placed for adoption. We are doing major screening for these pups. And the new owner must enroll them in a puppy class. It looks hopefull for sweet Faith....maybe a happy ending after all. Here are a few pics. The picture of Faith is a few days after treatment for her injuries.

Close up!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mamadogandpuppies012.jpg

Here are all eight. One is hiding, but you can see him. The little black one towards the top is the runt and stopped nursing. They are feeding him with a dropper, but it does not look good.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mamadogandpuppies017.jpg

Sweet Faith. She looks a little better already.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Mamadogandpuppies003.jpg

I will post more as I am updated by their new foster mom, Sue.

Husky_mom
03-30-2007, 04:02 PM
great news!! and what a bunch of cuties!!..... everything crossed for them all!! :D

critter crazy
03-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Awwww...what cuties!! you are so awsome for agreeing to take them in!! OMG!! They are just too cue for words! fingers crossed that momma likes you guys and she can come home with you!

Jadapit
03-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Faith is looking better. The pups are too sweet. I'm sorry to hear about the runt. Poor guy.

lute
03-30-2007, 05:12 PM
YAY! This is great news! OMG! These babies are just too cute! Go Tracy! :D

luvofallhorses
03-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I am glad to hear Faith is doing a little bit better. :) I am so sorry about the runt, though. :(

Daisy and Delilah
03-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I hope the little runt makes it. Poor little guy. They are all so cute. What a great job you've done with helping these dogs. You Rock!!

It breaks my heart to look at Faith, just like everyone else here. She is such a sweetheart. She is looking somewhat better and I hope and pray she will someday get to know what a forever good life is like. I can't get over how sad and downhearted she looks though. I would take her into my home in a heartbeat if I could. Please give that precious girl some kisses from me. Bless all their hearts :( :( :(

Reachoutrescue
03-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, this is a very sad day. Faith was to be transferred to her temp. foster home today. Cindy, the main volunteer working with Faith, and her husband, David, the dog temperment tester, went to move her. As David entered her kennel, Faith growled very badly at him. He could not get near her or her pups at all. Cindy and David decided it is best to leave Faith and the pups at the shelter until they are weaned. The vet tech took home the runt and we are waitin for an update on him. We are hoping the pups make it and do not get sick. If they do well, they will come to me. As for Faith, well her fate is not so good. They will do another temp test on her as time gets closer to weaning. Due to her past and what she has been through (we don't even know how her life was before the day she was picked up) that she will not be able to be adopted out. She may have to be put down. I emailed Cindy and asked her if it could just be men that Faith does not like, I am awaiting a response. This is very sad. I was so hoping to be able to save her along with her pups. I know we can not save them all, but I was hoping we could save this one girl. I will post more when I hear from Cindy. Please send some prayers their way, as this girl really needs them now. Thank you.

luvofallhorses
03-31-2007, 10:46 PM
:( I will pray that everything turns out for the best. how can people be so cruel?! :mad: I just don't get it. :( poor Faith.. :( :( I wish sometimes the animals could talk in situations like this and tell us all what happened so we could understand.

Daisy and Delilah
03-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Isn't she considered to be protective of the pups right now anyway? I feel so bad for her. She's such a pitiful girl. She is just trying to do the best she can for her pups. It seems so wrong to put her down when she is only trying to protect the babies. I'm praying with all my strength for this sweet girl. She's had such a bad start and just doesn't know any other way. :( She's just scared to death for herself and the babies.

luvofallhorses
03-31-2007, 10:57 PM
I agree, Daisy and Delilah. She could be protective of her pups and still in pain.. maybe it's not the best to put her down right now and just give her time to settle down. :)

critter crazy
03-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Isn't she considered to be protective of the pups right now anyway? I feel so bad for her. She's such a pitiful girl. She is just trying to do the best she can for her pups. It seems so wrong to put her down when she is only trying to protect the babies. I'm praying with all my strength for this sweet girl. She's had such a bad start and just doesn't know any other way. :( She's just scared to death for herself and the babies.
I agree it just seems taht after all she has been through she is just doing her best to keep her babies safe. I hope once the babies are older, she will understand that she is safe,a nd they are only trying to help. Prayers for Faith and her pups!:(

Daisy and Delilah
03-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Yes Krista. She's just confused and has been through so much adversity lately. It isn't fair to her to test her at a time like this. She hasn't even had time to settle down yet. She needs time to calm down and take care of those beautiful little pups. I hope the temp. tester will be able to give her more time. :(

Reachoutrescue
03-31-2007, 11:07 PM
I emailed Cindy again asking to do a temp test once the pups are here with me. I am going to do ALL I can to save her. I have to. I can't let them put her down, not if we don't know how she will be after weaning. I am doing everything....I just hope it is enough.

Daisy and Delilah
03-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks for trying to save her. Poor girl. She deserves every chance she can get. I have a very soft spot for this dog. As I said before, I wish I could take her. I don't think she would get along well with D an D driving her crazy but I could surely try to find a home for her if I lived closer. I have a gut feeling that she would be adopted in a heartbeat if it's allowed :)

Jamieejo85
03-31-2007, 11:37 PM
oh my god this is such a sad story. Moline is literally like 10 minutes from me..i havent read every post but sounds like they are still in the shelter. not sure what i can do since my car is literally falling apart lol but if there is any small amount of driving these pups to meet u anywhere let me know i would be glad to do it..jamie :)

Reachoutrescue
04-01-2007, 12:38 AM
oh my god this is such a sad story. Moline is literally like 10 minutes from me..i havent read every post but sounds like they are still in the shelter. not sure what i can do since my car is literally falling apart lol but if there is any small amount of driving these pups to meet u anywhere let me know i would be glad to do it..jamie :)
Thank you so much for offering to help. I will let you know if we need help transporting them in about six weeks or so.

luvofallhorses
04-01-2007, 12:50 AM
I emailed Cindy again asking to do a temp test once the pups are here with me. I am going to do ALL I can to save her. I have to. I can't let them put her down, not if we don't know how she will be after weaning. I am doing everything....I just hope it is enough.

we know you are going to try your best to save her. :) all you can do is try your best and you are doing that much and I DO think that is enough. :) We need more people in this world like you. Please keep us updated and I agree it really isn't fair for them to test her right now since she is still settling down and learning to trust people again and plus she is protecting her pups. I just hope they give her more time. :(

lute
04-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Prayers comming that they will retest her once the pups are gone. She might have just been protecting her pups.

sparks19
04-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh these stories are always so sad :(

I hope she is just being protective of her pups. I think a temperment test after the pups are weaned is a good idea and not to make any rash decisions without giving that poor girl a fighting chance.

You are doing a wonderful thing and I am sure it is very hard to hear these sorts of updates :(

Reachoutrescue
04-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Here is a copy of the email I sent to Cindy of the Rock Island Animal Shelter about Faith and the reply I received, as well as the email I sent in return. I am also trying to help a pittie mom and pups in Wisconsin. Also, I was informed this morning that the runt pup of Faith's did not make it. The vet tech did her best. When she told Cindy about it she said there were six left, so we are confused. If the runt died, there should be seven, Cindy is looking in to it to find out what happend to the other missing pup.

----- Original Message -----
To: Vanlandengen, Cindy
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 11:10 PM
Subject: Faith

Cindy,

I was wondering, is there anyway we can get Faith a temp test once her puppies are out of the shelter? Maybe she is just protecting her pups. I would hate to put her down if she will eventually be okay. I would love to save her. I just can't give up on her. Thanks for all you are doing for her and the pups.

Tracy Caccavella
Founder
Reach Out Rescue, NFP
(708) 243-8304

Tracy,

Yes, we can see how things go. Paul does not want to give up on her either. The main thing now is to keep those puppies heathy and to keep her healthy so she can nurse and care for them till we get them weaned. I guess Rich is already saying he does not want to adopt out the pups, he is so non educated about this breed and hates the breed. He figures that the pups will be bad news and agressive since mama was in that fight and maybe a fighting dog and those of us in the know all know that has nothing to do with anything. I told Sam the office manager and Carla the vet tech that if Rich does anything to those dogs and does not give them a chance at a better life, I will walk out of the shelter and will never step in the door again, and I will pull all financial support as well. I donate a lot of time to that place and always give give give, the ignorance of Rich and Sam about pits it very frustrating, and I am getting really really tired of it. We will just see how things go. Debbie talked to me about the mama and babies that need to be pulled from the Milwaukee shelter before they are put down. I told her that if you can help go for it, Faith and the pups are safe at this point. We know the dogs have been exposed to parvo and we don't know at this point that they will not get sick and we could lose some or all of the litter. So, take the Milwaukee dogs if you can save them, we will find a spot for Faith if we need to and the puppies too, like Debbie said, maybe the bullybreed will have room for the pups in a few weeks. We will take it day by day, I will keep you posted.

Cindy

Cindy,

I am so sorry about the lil' pup and the other one (that is missing and assumed to have passed) that did not make it. I really hope we can save her and the rest of her pups. I just wish Rich, along with many other people, were not so ignorant about this breed. It is not their fault they are the way they are. They were dealt that hand by their humans...who are not even human if you ask me. And the fact that the "shelter director" is breed discriminating, that is like putting a orphan home director that is racist into a home that takes in African American children. It is racism, just a different type of child. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. If he wants the pups gone, I AM TAKING THEM AFTER WEANING. I don't care how many I have here, I will take them, okay? I am here to help these babies. Dave has told me to do what I need to do to save these two moms and their puppies. Just let me know what to do.

Tracy Caccavella
Founder
Reach Out Rescue, NFP
(708) 243-8304

I will update you guys when I know more. Please keep fingers and paws crossed for dear Faith and her remaining pups. Thank you again so much for your support, I so appreciate it and it helps so very much to know you all care.

luvofallhorses
04-02-2007, 12:06 AM
It really aggravates me that they are being ignorant about the breed! :mad: they probably are listening to the media and haven't see how wonderful this breed is. The e-mails are great and I will still pray my hardest that Faith and her pups will be okay. that lady is a big help I am sure since she loves the breed like most of us here do including myself. :)

Sevaede
04-02-2007, 12:43 AM
*hugs*

Good thoughts for mama and pups! :(

applesmom
04-02-2007, 03:21 AM
A lot of pits are put down here, not because of breed discrimination but because they amount to about 50 percent of the shelter dogs and there simply aren't enough homes. Many times when pits are adopted here they wind up as bait dogs or the adopters try to turn them into fighting dogs. We've even had pits stolen from the shelters for that purpose.

Every weekend there are pit puppies for sale at just about every shopping center. They start out at $50.00 by noon they're down to $25.00 and by evening they're given away free. 6 months later they turn up in the shelters!

pitc9
04-02-2007, 10:11 AM
:(
I pray Faith finds the peace she deserves.

I thought in the picture there were 7 pups, so if 1 died, that would leave 6.
Were there 8 pups to start with???

I hope they are given a chance for a wonderful life, just because they are pitts does not make them killers.... :mad:

Jadapit
04-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I can NOT believe a shelter worker thinks those pups should be put down. I'm pretty much at a loss for words. It saddens me more than you will ever know, knowing how many pit bulls are used and abused every day. The humans are the "monsters" not the dogs.

You know my thoughts and prayers are with you, Faith and the pups. (((Hugs)))

Reachoutrescue
04-02-2007, 11:29 AM
TO APPLESMOM: That is just horrible. I just do not understand people...this is why I prefer animals over people.

TO PITC9: There were eight in the picture. There was a little brown one hiding in between its litter mates. He's there, but hard to spot. I am still waiting for a response from Cindy to find out what really happened to the missing pup.

TO JADAPIT: Rich is actually the Shelter Director....which makes it even more upsetting to me. I am just sick to my stomach over this. I know how you feel.

Thank you everybody for your kind words and prayers. I will post more when I know more. I AM taking the mom and pups from Wisconsin next week. At least I can save one family. I just feel so bad for poor Faith.

Jadapit
04-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I know how bad you feel, but you've done more than a lot of people would. You didn't look at Faith and say "oh no that's a pit" and turn your head. You fought for her, you loved her without even knowing her. To me that makes you a wonderful, caring person. I cant tell you how much that means to me and the pit bulls of the world. (((HUGS)))

Reachoutrescue
04-02-2007, 12:10 PM
I know how bad you feel, but you've done more than a lot of people would. You didn't look at Faith and say "oh no that's a pit" and turn your head. You fought for her, you loved her without even knowing her. To me that makes you a wonderful, caring person. I cant tell you how much that means to me and the pit bulls of the world. (((HUGS)))
Thank you. I never look at a dog and say "Oh no, thats a (whatever breed)". That is just not me. I love all four legged friends. And I feel so much compassion for Faith and an unknowing love as well. I will NOT give up on her. I can't.

Daisy and Delilah
04-02-2007, 01:13 PM
This is so incredibly sad I don't know what to say. You Pittie owners on this board and others that interact with them, must be sick over this.

Thank you so much Tracy for helping this situation as much as you possibly can. You're a wonderful wonderful person!!

I'll continue to pray for Faith and those little babies :( :( :( :( :(

lute
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I agree! Tracy, you are a wonderful person for doing this! We've both said more than once, "we can't save em all, but we can sure try!" Keep up the good work and good luck with the family from WI!

Reachoutrescue
04-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Well, I just spoke with Cindy from the pound where Faith is at. A lot of people at the shelter have confronted Rich about this dog. They are all angry. So, it is agreed that they will wait until the pups are weaned and she has had time to "chill" with out the pups. They will re-test her and if she passes she will come to me. I am taking the pups either way. I am also getting the other pit and pups from Wisconsin next week. So far things are looking better. Let's just hope Faith passes with flying colors.

lute
04-02-2007, 07:56 PM
YAY! I'm so happy that they are giving Faith another chance! I'm crossing my fingers for you Faith! :D

Jadapit
04-02-2007, 08:16 PM
YAY! I'm so happy that they are giving Faith another chance! I'm crossing my fingers for you Faith! :D

I'm happy also! My fingers are crossed for you too Faith! :D

Daisy and Delilah
04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Great news Tracy!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!! Thanks for doing so much for this girl and her little ones :D

luvofallhorses
04-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, I just spoke with Cindy from the pound where Faith is at. A lot of people at the shelter have confronted Rich about this dog. They are all angry. So, it is agreed that they will wait until the pups are weaned and she has had time to "chill" with out the pups. They will re-test her and if she passes she will come to me. I am taking the pups either way. I am also getting the other pit and pups from Wisconsin next week. So far things are looking better. Let's just hope Faith passes with flying colors.

that's great! :) I hope she passes, too. I am still keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))) the world needs more people like you protecting this wonderful breed. :)

Reachoutrescue
04-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Thank you everbody for all your kind words. I am still waiting to hear from Cindy to find out what happened to the other pup. I am going on Friday to meet the dog in Wisconsin and should be pulling her and her pups next week. Just wanted to update everybody.

mr.chiwawa
04-03-2007, 11:26 PM
You are a God sent to Faith and her pups and the other momma and her babies. God bless you I will not only pray for the dogs but for YOU if you need ANY help with food or money let me know. I know it cant be cheap what your doing and I sell this awsome dog food I have the site if your interested and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont hesitate to let me know if you NEED ANYTHING
Chi hugs
Julie

pitc9
04-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Great news!
Come on Faith... be a good girl, those people are only trying to help you!!

Reachoutrescue
04-04-2007, 03:49 PM
THIS IS NOT GOOD.....

Here is a copy of the email I received from Cindy today.

[ add to contacts ]

To: [email protected]
Cc: Paul Gifford <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 04:02 pm
Subject: mama and babies

Hi Tracy,

They have made a change in policy at the shelter due to parvo and health concerns etc, so no one except staff can go back into the area where the mama and babies are. My understanding is that there are six puppies and so far they seem to be doing okay. I guess her owner came into the shelter looking for her, not sure how they handled all of that or what was said, I did not ask. Suffice to say, he is a major dirt ball. I told Sam the operations manager that you were willing to take mama (if mama passed temp testing and that is questionable) and babies once they are weaned. It is just a wait and see type of thing, whatever they decide to do they do. I have gotten mixed messages as far as what the feelings are about adopting out the puppies, one of the shelter workers said there was concern the pups would be aggressive, the concern also is that they do okay and not get sick, etc etc. Someone has e-mailed the director about him not liking pits and this situation with the mama and babies, something obviously passed on from an e-mail when I was trying to find a spot for the mama. So, this puts me in a bad position and I am sure the director is not that happy with me right about now. Sam the operations manager said Rich was going to talk to me. So, I feel just sick to my stomach. He does not like pits, he does not like rotties either. Whoever e-mailed him was outta line and it puts me in a very bad situation. Very bad. This very well could destroy any future efforts we make to try to help pitties at the shelter, or any efforts to take in pitties from other shelters. There are pit friendly shelters and there are non pit friendly shelters. We have adopted out pits before, sometimes it takes lobbying on behalf of my hubby who does the temp testing to get them on the adoption floor. I have no idea who would be stupid enough to e-mail and complain to Rich about him and these pups and him not liking pits, because it jeopardizes everything. Not these pups necessarily, but future pitties. So, that is the way things stand right now. We will just see how things go in about a month and whatever they decide to do they decide to do. If they want the pups to go to rescue, I told Sam today you would adopt them out and give us the $80 per dog. If they want us to spay/neuter and give shots before they leave, fine, if they want you to do it that is fine to. I am just letting things be, and when they are ready to do something with the dogs and if they want them to go to you, that is fine. If they want to adopt the dogs out themselves, that is fine too. This whole thing just stinks a big one, and I hate to even go to the shelter again because I know I am going to be in deep doo doo with Rich. Please do not reply to this e-mail, send a new e-mail without this attached because I do not want my hubby to accidentally open up the e-mail and read it because he will then get all bent out of shape. I just get frustrated in that shelters are filled with pits everywhere, and it gets so disheartening. When you have to fight breed prejudice, it is hard as well. I get too emotionally involved, that is a major weakness that I have, but I think it is the maternal instinct, and it is just hard to turn on and off. I don't want any of this to jeopardize us adopting out pits in the future. This just really really stinks.

Paul----please read and do not reply back on this e-mail. I can call and we can talk later about all of this, I don't want David to know about any of this unless Rich talks to him about it and then I will have to deal with David being upset with me as well. thanks.

Cindy

Now what do I do? I hate this waiting game....and STUPID people!!

Daisy and Delilah
04-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Being the person that you are, Tracy, I can imagine what this is doing to you. You've done the best you can to save Faith and her pups. This story shows us more about the poor attitude that people have against these loving dogs. It just makes us all sick :(

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

luvofallhorses
04-04-2007, 09:56 PM
this does suck! :( We need more people like you trying to protect this wonderful breed. I know you are trying your best. (((HUGS))) I just hate that so many people are ignorant about this breed. Pit bulls are truly the best breed out there.. I just wish they would fall into the right hands. :( I will keep praying that they will be okay. :(

lute
04-04-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm so sorry Tracy. :( Hopfully this person e-mailing Rich doesn't make him not give these puppies a chance...or any pit for that matter. Hopefully it wasn't a PTer.(i'm NOT pointing fingers or saying it was) I'm still hoping and praying for a good outcome for these pups and Faith.

Reachoutrescue
04-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I am not sure who emailed Rich, but now eveything is so messed up. I spoke with Cindy and she said that she, another volunteer, and one staff member are pretty sure Faith will not pass the temp test. I am very saddened by this. I know I will not know until it is done, but just the thought makes my stomach curl. I am now focusing on the puppies. I am determined to get them out of there. If the shelter adopts them out, the will end up in the hands of Faith's owner. Cindy said (and I agree) if he came back for Faith, he will come back in about 6 weeks looking for the pups. The shelter will not adopt to him, but I am sure if he sees them, he will send his "gang" in to get them. Faith has had other pups before, we can tell by how she gave birth alone and did great, also one of the dogs that came in with her was a young female about 6 months old and it looked just like her. Cindy said she was sure it was Faith's daughter. I was misinformed when I was told it was two males, it was one LARGE male, Faith, and the young girl, who we believe was put down. We need to get those puppies out. I just hope Rich lets me take them and nobody else emails him. I know they were just probably angry, but it was not a good idea. I hope whoever did do it is smart enough not to do it again and knows what their actions has caused. Hopefully they can email him an apology, or something. I don't think it was a PTer. I am not sure who it was. I am just so livid right now.

Daisy and Delilah
04-05-2007, 06:51 AM
I feel so bad for you and all the dogs in this case Tracy. It's absolutely heartbreaking. It seems so ironic that society detests the Pit Bull for what hateful humans have turned them into. There is more euthanization of Pitties than attempted eradication of these vile humans. The criminals keep getting their hands on these pups and the breed keeps getting a worse reputation. What a vicious cycle!! The innocent are exploited and never protected. No one has a chance to try to step in and make the situation right. :( :( :(

I hope you realize what good you've done to try to help these dogs. It was almost a losing battle from the beginning. There is probably nothing you can do to change it. I'm sending you huge hugs for all you've tried to do.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

pitc9
04-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Oh no... who the hell would e-mail him and piss him off like that when all people are trying to do is save a mama and her babies???

We all have to believe that what happens in the end to Faith will be what is best for her in the long run, she knows that there are people out there that are still pulling for her and have not, nor will they, give up.
We're fighting for you Faith... and that's what we all have to have... is Faith, that the outcome of this will be the best it can be.
(Puppies not with the dip sh*t owner at the very least..... :( )

My thoughts and prayers are with you Tracy; I pray those puppies get to you.
How the h*ll could someone think that new born pups, that are going to be brought up properly socialized would be aggressive. That just proves (again) how stupid and ignorant people in this world can be about breeds.
Also help the argument that a lot of people on this earth should be neutered/spayed so they stop producing more ignorant offspring.

Jadapit
04-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Tracy, my heart is breaking over Faith and the pups. I wish who ever emailed Rich wouldn't have done so. It sounds like the pups could be doomed because of the email. :( I can not believe he thinks the pups will be aggressive, that's so not the case. I pray they will let you take the pups. They deserve a chance in life. As for Faith my heart aches for that poor girl. I hope her ex owner is happy. People like that should not be allowed to own pit bulls, or any other breed for that matter. I'm so upset over all this. I'm going to take the fur kids for a walk, try to walk off some steam. (((HUGS)))

Reachoutrescue
04-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I feel so bad for you and all the dogs in this case Tracy. It's absolutely heartbreaking. It seems so ironic that society detests the Pit Bull for what hateful humans have turned them into. There is more euthanization of Pitties than attempted eradication of these vile humans. The criminals keep getting their hands on these pups and the breed keeps getting a worse reputation. What a vicious cycle!! The innocent are exploited and never protected. No one has a chance to try to step in and make the situation right. :( :( :(
My feelings, just your words. You clearly understand how I feel. Thank you.

How the h*ll could someone think that new born pups, that are going to be brought up properly socialized would be aggressive. That just proves (again) how stupid and ignorant people in this world can be about breeds.
Also help the argument that a lot of people on this earth should be neutered/spayed so they stop producing more ignorant offspring.
I couldn't have said it better myself. We kill a dog if he/she attacks a human or another dog, (well some laugh and think it is a sport), but when a human attacks, 9 times out of 10 times, heads are turned and it is overlooked. I really hate 99% of the human race....I thing the other 1% is "part" of my family and PTers!! Crazy huh?

I will post when I find out more about Faith and her babies. Thank you everybody, so much for your compassion on this sad situation.