PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Fast

Sevaede
03-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Because of an emergency situation (that has become very serious and life threatening. pm me if you need to know more. :( ), my husband and I have to move again. This move should be taking place some time early next week.

I am just hoping that there may be room in a PT home for temporary foster of one of my cats (Isis. Or, if you know of someone, etc.). Isis is 1.5 yrs, unspayed (Yes, I know. A lot of things have gotten in the way of her spaying appointment. ie, prior cat emergencies, death in the family,). She does not have any issues but does like to keep to herself. She gets along with my other cat and dog (she has a submissive nature, as well).

I love my Isis. I really, really, do. If I did not, then I would not be taking the time to look for a good foster home. There is so much stress and aggravation and unhappiness involved in this particular situation that has made things boil down to this. I absolutely hate having to do this but I honestly don't know what else to do. I love my Isis. I miss her already and she's not left my arms yet.

I've been sitting here thinking and freaking out, trying to figure the best things possible for everyone. Trust in that I'm trying to do the right thing, please? :(

I love you, Isis. :(

jennielynn1970
03-28-2007, 08:39 AM
What is happening with your other pets? I'm assuming you have others looking at your siggy.

I wish I were closer to Vegas, but I'm on the other side of the country. I hope you can find some help locally. Are you moving a great distance or just to another town in the same area??

My heart goes out to you in this kind of situation. Please keep us informed about what is happening.

momcat
03-28-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you now. Please know that you will remain in my prayers for a positive resolution to your situation.

Trinityagain
03-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately I am across the country as well. What about Best Friends? Can they do anything for you in such an urgent situation? Grasping at straws here but definitely thinking happy thoughts for a quck resolution to the problem.

Hugs!

Trinity

catmandu
03-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Sadly I cannot help either, except with prayers and best wishes for You and Your Companion Cats.
We pray that all will be well with you all.

Sevaede
03-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I do not have enough crates (due to some OTHER mishaps involving this) for everyone. I had to make my decision on who to temporarily part with based on who I thought would handle it the best. :( Isis is more adaptable (Soni acts out during stressful situations). The only thing she doesn't handle well is travel.

Thank you all very much for your suggestions and well wishes! :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-29-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope that another PT'er or some other cat lover will be able to temporarily foster Isis. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Karen
03-29-2007, 02:03 AM
I, too, thought of Best Friends if no one else can do it, maybe they take in temporary visitors? You'll be in our prayers.

Sevaede
03-29-2007, 04:27 AM
Does Best Friends have a web site? I did a google search and came up with some different ones and am not sure which is which.

Trinityagain
03-29-2007, 06:25 AM
http://www.bestfriends.org/

Good luck!

wolf_Q
03-30-2007, 12:29 AM
I do not have enough crates (due to some OTHER mishaps involving this) for everyone.

I'm sure there are other issues, but if that is a main one, I don't see why you couldn't just buy another crate? Look at wal-mart, they really are not that expensive, especially a small one for a cat.

Just FYI Best Friends is located in Kanab, Utah.

Sevaede
03-30-2007, 06:28 AM
The crates that I have seen (at Wal Mart) and purchased were pretty costly, as far as crates go. Rather, I've been told that crates were much less than I've seen and/or purchased them for. I bought mine for $35 and $40 at Wal Mart in Pendleton.

You are correct in that there are other issues, as well. This is an emergency decision (although, not without thought). Isis does not handle car rides well. She is incredibly submissive but overly-dominating critters stress her out, as well (we'll be going some place [yes, our only viable option, due to its own issues] where there are two other dogs). etc

I'm just trying to do the best that I can with all the info that I have.

However, as a bit of light... I have really racked my brain and come up with a couple of ideas and the *temporary* foster (as it originally was :) ) may not be necessary.

DJFyrewolf36
03-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Well you know that I'll help you in whatever way I can...maybe we can figure something out up here. If you HAVE to leave Isis anyplace, I would be able to foster her for as long as you needed.

:D you, and ALL your furkids have a place with us!