PDA

View Full Version : Scary Story!!

critter crazy
03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I was talking to my motherin law today, and she was telling me what happened to my Nephew the other day.

My Nephew, who is 12 lives in FL, and while out at the park, a block or two away from his house, him and his friend noticed a bully who is 14, they have dealt with many times before approaching. They got on their bikes to head for home, the bully yelled at my nephew, as he passed, saying he was gonna get him, and as my Nephews Friend was passing, the bully pulled a gun from his backpack!

My nepew and his friend, went to the nearest house, owned by a retired police officer, and had him call the police. The police showed up within seconds, and arrested the boy. They then found out the boy was carrying a pellet pistol, not a real gun!

My SIL is Furious!! Her son has to ride the bus everyday with this kid!! She is not sure what to do, her and the other boys parents have the option to press charges, but she just dosent know what to do!

The next day after the incedent the boy and his father showed up, profusely appologizing. The father said he had no Idea the boy even had the gun! Not even sur how he got it, and offere my SIL the option of having his son do odd jobs for her to make up!

What would you do??

sparks19
03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Is the father or mother willing to supervise this child's odd jobs? I mean I really like that idea but there is no way I would allow that child into my house without one of his parents present.

That is really scary and they should really put some serious thought into whether or not they should press charges.... it has it's up side and down side. It could make things worse... but then it might not... it's really something they should think about.

Gosh, I don't know what to say..... frightening.

Marigold2
03-27-2007, 09:29 PM
If it was me I would press charges to scare that bully straight and show him this is not a game. So sorry your family had to go through this. Life is very hard for young people these days.

Years and years ago my boys were also bullied by a boy two streets over. I called the police and they came and talked to us. The police officer said this kid had been in trouble with the law many times before, he came from a troubled family. This boy never did bother my sons again.
However about 6 years later the boys mom shot his dad 5 times. Apperently the husband beat the wife on a regular basis and one night she found his girlfriends number in his coat pocket so she pulled out a gun and started to shot him. He ran into the neighbors yard and she shot him again.
The poor woman is in jail and the creepy husband lives in the house. She must have had bad aim. If I was going to shot someone and land in jail might as well be for murder at that point.

critter crazy
03-27-2007, 09:33 PM
I told my MIL that she needed to tell My SIL to press charges!! I would be so furious if someone pulled a gun on my child, real or Fake!! Just outrages! I wouldnt even give pressing charges a second thought! I would be down at the police station filling out forms! But it is her choice, not mine.

DrKym
03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
As the foster mom of 22 kids over 26 years

Press charges.

May be the best thing you or your family will ever do for this kid.

sparks19
03-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I told my MIL that she needed to tell My SIL to press charges!! I would be so furious if someone pulled a gun on my child, real or Fake!! Just outrages! I wouldnt even give pressing charges a second thought! I would be down at the police station filling out forms! But it is her choice, not mine.

I definately think the child needs to face the consequences.... it is the parents reaction I am worried about. It may be wrong for me to think this way... but if the child is that unstable.... I would hate to see how unstable the parents might be if they are pushed over the edge.... That's what I meant by thinking about pressing charges. it seems for now those parents are willing to comply and do something to correct it.... but I'm not sure I would want them to snap if this is how their child acts.

But I am with you.... I would want to press charges for sure. But ultimately I guess it is the SIL that will have to live near these people.... tough position to be in... Yikes.

jennielynn1970
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM

Definitely press charges. What if he takes it into a school?! Or what if he is acting stupid, and someone else who has a real gun, thinks his is real, and they shoot him, or a bystander (by accident)??

jennielynn1970
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
And of course dad has "no idea" where he got the pellet gun from. Sure. How does he get money? Allowance. Who gives him allowance? Mom and dad. Can he drive? No. Who drives him to buy what he wants and needs? PARENTS.

If dad tries to get him out of trouble, dad is being an enabler More than likely there are issues in that house.