PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Something Good My Way!! YAY!!! UPDATE PAGE 2

Reachoutrescue
03-27-2007, 11:53 AM
As many of you know, I do a lot of rescue work and have had some bad luck the last several months. I mean it is all worth it in the end, but WOW, stuff was pretty sour for a while!

On Wed. of last week I was inspected by the Department of Agriculture for a Rescue License. I was approved. So now I am officailly an in-home rescue, til I get my 501c3 and a building that is! It is in the making and we should break ground by next May or so. We are very excited!!

I just wanted to share my (finally) good news with all of you. :D

lvpets2002
03-27-2007, 11:56 AM
:) Well Many Congrats for You.. That is Great News..

Donnaj4962
03-27-2007, 01:26 PM
WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! Such wonderful news! Rescues do such wonderful work! I wish that I could do some rescue work, but it is just not in the cards at the moment. I live in an apartment, and I have limited funds, AND I could never put 18 year old Tabby through other kitties in the house. She is too stressed out over having Sasha, and Sasha has been with us for almost 3 years now! :::sigh::::

Maybe in another life!

ANYWAY.... many, many congratulations to you and your wonderful work!

kimlovescats
03-27-2007, 02:43 PM
That's great news, Tracy! Getting your 501(c)3 is the key, but it is costly and takes time ... I hope you have someone who can help get it done properly and quickly! ;)

Trinityagain
03-27-2007, 03:21 PM
COngratulations!

Now for the stupid question...what is a 501c3? I'm assuming some sort of license but I'm probably wrong :rolleyes:

Freedom
03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Trinityagain - 501(c)(3) is the section of the Internal Revenue Code which grants not-for-profit tax status to charitable - and other - organizaitons. It means the group does not pay taxes, AND donations to the charity are tax deductible, which makes fund raising much easier.

Congratulations on obtaining the license, a big step. Hooray!

catmandu
03-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Thats fantastic news.
As someone who has won and lsot battles in getting the stary and homeless off the streets I know how sad it is when you lose a Cat to disease or injury.
But when I think of Philip now lounging in the Pampered Feline Boarding Facility , its all worth while.
We can hardly wait to see your Building go up.
Prayers to you from The Found Paradise Hotel Cats , Porch Cats , Poofed Cats and All Our Rainbow Bridge Teddy Bear Angels.

Trinityagain
03-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Fundraising for the building...bricks with PT cats names on them? Just a stray thought that went through.... :) I know I'd buy one...or five...or ten.....

phesina
03-27-2007, 04:06 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! That is just wonderful!

All the best,

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

Reachoutrescue
03-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Thank you everybody for your nice words. I am so excited. I think I have the 501c3 forms pretty much down path, now it is just a waiting game.

Fundraising for the building...bricks with PT cats names on them? Just a stray thought that went through.... :) I know I'd buy one...or five...or ten.....
That is a great idea! Can you tell me more about this? I am VERY interested!! :)

cassiesmom
03-27-2007, 07:32 PM
YEAY, Reachoutrescue! Congratulations! I hope you get your 501C-3 (or however it's punctuated) soon! I volunteer to buy a brick for the RB kitties in my family. The athletic booster club at the high school in my district did a Buy a Brick fund-raiser for a new concession stand at the football field. That was my first experience with it. Here's another example, Habitat for Humanity... http://www.habitat.org/gvdc/buy_a_brick.aspx
I Google searched "buy a brick" and in the first couple pages of results there were two different animal-related organizations, one in the US and one in England. :)

rosethecopycat
03-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Congratulations .Bless you and your work for years to come.

DrKym
03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I am glad, as a school and a rescue we have always been a 501 , I am thrilled you will be too, one hint? SAVE EVERY receipt!! LOL.

Congratulations!

krazyaboutkatz
03-27-2007, 10:43 PM
This is wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!:D

Scooter's Mom
03-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Oooh, I'd donate for a brick with my babies names on it to go up in the building!

Congratulations!

mruffruff
03-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Our local shelter/rescue is selling bricks to help pay for the new building. The small ones are $65 and large ones $100. They have used them to pave the entryway sidewalk. It's nice to see the names of animals and their caring owners as you arrive.

Their website is www.petsinc.org.

Catty1
03-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Do you know anyone who works for a place that might be able to donate bricks? (for a new tax-deductible receipt! :) )

momtomany
03-28-2007, 08:46 AM
How absolutely wonderful this is. I would also be willing to buy bricks in honor my guys.

momcat
03-28-2007, 10:22 AM
This is wonderful news!!! It will most definitely be a positive for all the kitties who are lost and homeless just waiting for you to help them. Groucho is here doing his happy dance at your good fortune!

Definitely, count me in for a brick!!!!!

Wishing you and your rescue the very best of luck and success as your dream becomes reality. As things develop, count on your PT friends!

Reachoutrescue
03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Thank you everybody, so much. I will keep you all posted on the progress of our Rescue. I will also let everybody know when we will be doing the Buy A Brick Fundrasiser. Again, thank you all so much for your kind words and wonderful, constant support. I AM SO EXCITED!!

CultureJunky
03-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Well Done Tracey, you deserve it! I am so happy for you and will send good wishes to you and your continued success and future success with all you take on with the animals. If only the world had more people like you.

Reachoutrescue
04-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I am SO excited. I received my Rescue License in the mail yesterday. I also received a foster license for the people I have fostering for me! I am so excited. One more step to seeing my dream become a reality! Just wanted to share it with all of you!

momcat
04-03-2007, 05:28 PM
You are in the zone and there's no place to go from here but up...up...and up some more!!! :D :D :D Congratulations on this accomplishment!!! I love it when good folks like you catch a break. I couldn't be happier for you :D :D :D :D :D

sweetpatata6
04-03-2007, 05:38 PM
:D Yeah!!! Congradulations!!!! :D

Reachoutrescue
04-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Thank you so much guys! I am so excited about this. I can't wait to get a building. I will keep everybody updated.