PDA

View Full Version : Dad Passed Away

fritz03
03-27-2007, 05:00 AM
We got a phone call from my sister,the hospital had called there not here to inform them that Dad passed away at about 3:15 this morning.We are all devastated by it .We knew it was coming,but didn't know it would be so soon.At least dad didn't suffer,he had no quality of life left,Fritz has been looking out the front window and the back door,Larry and Marlene are here now,putting together a list of family and friends to call.We went over to the hospital,that was not easy ,I just lost it and I said what am I going to do without you?.Marlene went right to dad and kissed him looks like he had a smile on his face.It was hard looking at him without breaking down.I said to Mom he will now be with Ruffles and they can be together now,next Tuesday will be 5 years since he has passed.I will try and let you know about funeral arrangements when we know.I think Mom said he would be cremated.His brother will bad now he never went to see dad,they have drove by the 401 highway that goes by close to here and never saw,Dad didn't like that.

Alysser
03-27-2007, 05:05 AM
I am so sorry. :( ((hugs))

Pam
03-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Barry I am so very sorry! :( :( :( I gasped when I saw the title of your thread. I really expected him to be able to come home at least for a little while. I hope you can feel these ((((hugs)))) from me and your entire Pet Talk family.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-27-2007, 05:14 AM
Oh Barry, I am so very sorry to hear this news about your Dad. Like many, I have been following his story in Fritz's posts - he seemed to be a lovely man who was surrounded with people who really cared for him.

Special hugs to you, Mum and Fritz at this very sad time :( You have a lot of friends on PT who will be here for you whenever you need us

With much love

Denise

joycenalex
03-27-2007, 05:28 AM
barry i am so sorry for your and your familys' loss. i will pray for you all. kindest regards, joyce in columbus

chocolatepuppy
03-27-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm so sorry Barry. :( Even though I never met your dad, I felt like I knew him. All of the pictures and stories you told us all about him made me feel that way. There could be no doubt you loved your Dad and will miss him deeply. I will keep you and your family in my prayers at this most difficult time. {hugs}

Killearn Kitties
03-27-2007, 05:38 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear this news about your Dad. Even when you know that death is coming, you can think you are prepared, but it always comes as a body blow when it happens.

All the very best to your and your family.

Lilith Cherry
03-27-2007, 05:48 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of your dad's passing. :( Prayers and healing thoughts to you and all your loving family Barry. Please give Fritz a hug for me.

tatsxxx11
03-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Oh Barry, I am so, so sorry:( First thing this morning I checked my email for your update, read that he wasn't doing so well last night:( My heart breaks for you, dear friend, for your Mom, the aunties. He is with God now and blessedly his suffering his over. I just wish he had been able to return home for a bit, to see Fritz, ride his scooter:( All my love to you, your Mom and to your entire family Barry, and my most heartfelt sympathies.
(((HUGS))) to you and to little Fritz. If you ever feel like talking Barry, let me know.
Love, Sandra and Star

critter crazy
03-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Barry I am so sorry for your loss! Even when we know the time may be near, It is just as painfull, and always a shock. All our prayers are n their way to you, to help you get through this very difficult time. We are all here for you!

Daisy and Delilah
03-27-2007, 07:07 AM
It is with a very heavy heart that I read this this morning, Barry. I am so grateful to Pam for letting me know. I am also devastated by this unexpected passing. The world has lost a gentle soul and a very fine man.

I had so hoped that things would get better and Papa could return home to you, your Mom, and Fritz. I'm so sorry, my friend, that this won't happen now.

Barry, my heart breaks for you, your Mom, Fritz, and all the family. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to let me know. My sincere condolences and heartfelt wishes go out to Bowmanville this morning.

Rest In Peace Papa. Say hello to Ruffles. We know he greeted you as you crossed the bridge and you're both now running and having a marvelous time. We will never forget you here at Pet Talk :( :( :(

K9soul
03-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Oh Barry :( :( I just feel at a loss for words. My heart dropped when I saw the title of this thread. All I can think about are those pictures of your Dad with a big smile on his face as Fritz cuddled with him. I'm so very sorry, so grieved for your loss :(. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Give Fritz lots of cuddles, I'm sure he can help give some comfort in this devastating time. Take care of yourself Barry. I'll be thinking of you.

Jods
03-27-2007, 08:22 AM
I am so sorry :(

BitsyNaceyDog
03-27-2007, 08:36 AM
I am so very sorry, Barry.

Cinder & Smoke
03-27-2007, 08:43 AM
:(

Dear Barry and Mom ~

I'm so sorry that you've lost Dad ...
You've got your own personal Angel to watch over you now,
and God has another dog walker on duty at The Bridge.

{{{Hugs}}} to you and the Family.

/s/ :( Phred

Vela
03-27-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm so sorry Barry. I know this is really hard on you and your mom and family. I'm glad you got to spend some good time with him. God is taking care of him now and you will see him again. Hug Fritz lots, I'm sure he misses him too and you can all comfort each other. Lots of prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

My Peanuts
03-27-2007, 08:58 AM
:( Oh Barry, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :(

finn's mom
03-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Barry, I am so sorry for the loss of your father. I know the void will be a large one and I know I will miss seeing him in your photos of Fritz. Stay strong and stick together. My family and I will be thinking of you all.

lizbud
03-27-2007, 09:24 AM
I am so sorry. :( May he rest in peace.

Jadapit
03-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Barry, I'm so, so sorry about your dad. I too, felt like I knew him from all the pictures and stories. Thank you so much for sharing those with us. They will be deeply missed. :( You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

mike001
03-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Very sorry to hear about your painful loss.

gini
03-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I am so sorry to read about this huge loss for you. You have my prayers for you and your family.

Lobodeb
03-27-2007, 09:57 AM
I am terribly sorry for your loss. :(

caseysmom
03-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Barry, I am so sorry. I felt like I knew your sweet father from his pictures. He just came across as such a sweet man, I am glad he didn't suffer. Take care of yourself.

elizabethann
03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Barry, I haven't been on PT for a few days because I'm in the middle of a fundraiser. This morning I quickly got on to see what was happening with everybody and saw your thread. I literally gasped. I thought for sure he would be able to come home and that he was doing better.

I am so very sorry that your Dad passed away. I've so enjoyed seeing pictures of him with Fritz and you and your Mom. I will miss seeing his smiling face.

Please take small comfort in knowing he is with Ruffles. And I hope while he is there, he can give my kitty Maxie a belly rub for me.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss. I'm sending you a virtual hug & please give your Mom a hug for me as well. Give Fritz a little pat on the head for me too.

Take care.

Randi
03-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Barry, I'm so sorry that you have lost your father. :( Even though it was expected, it's always very hard to loose a loved one. I hope it will be a comfort for you that you were with him and did everything you could to ease his pain. Try to think of the good times you had together, and keep him in your heart - I know you will.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

(((((hugs)))))

pitc9
03-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh Barry.... I heart sunk to my feet when I saw this thread....

I'm so sorry he's gone, but please take some comfort knowing that he's in a better place now.

My deepest condolences to you & mom, Fritz and the rest of your family.
Please know that we're here for you!

{{{hugs}}}

Logan
03-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Barry, I am so sorry about your dad. :( I have always loved seeing pictures of him, knowing how much he was loved, and Fritz, cuddling up beside him. I know the last few months have not been easy on any of you. I'm glad you have your mom and the rest of the family, especially Fritz, to help get you through this. Please know that if you need to "talk", we are here for you.

Love,
Logan, Honey, Mack and Butter

ramanth
03-27-2007, 11:31 AM
So sorry for your loss. :(

gemini9961
03-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm so sorry Barry, my condolences to you and your family. :(

Reachoutrescue
03-27-2007, 11:48 AM
I am so sorry for you loss. :(

luvofallhorses
03-27-2007, 11:59 AM
I am so very sorry. :( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers..
(((HUGS)))

Joannie
03-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I too have been following your posts,and want to send you [[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]] and tell you I want you to know how terribly sorry I am to hear this,as someone already said you are never,ever prepared,hugs again to you,your mom and fritz. Joann :( :( :( :(

Flatcoatluver
03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Barry (((HUGS))) He was such a good man, you and your family are in my prayers.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I am so sorry! My dad passed away 8 years ago today!
I know how tough it is! Prayers on the way! :(

Pembroke_Corgi
03-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about losing your dad. My heart goes out to you and your family...please accept my condolences. :(

Karen
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Rest in peace, sir, and our prayers will be with your family. I am sure he was met with joy by Ruffles and all the other critters whom he loved during his life when he arrived at The Rainbow Bridge.

Husky_mom
03-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Iīm very sorry....... I canīt seem to find words to express my condolences..... please know we are here and be a shoulder to you and your family.......

Ginger's Mom
03-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Barry, I am so sorry to hear this. It happened so quickly. I, too, felt that I had the pleasure of knowing Dad. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Rachel
03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh, Barry, I am so so sorry that you have lost your dad. Even though this did not come as a complete surprise, one is never prepared for the enormity of such a loss. I too especially enjoyed the pictures of Fritz and your dad. Theirs was a bond that showed through in those pictures. Your picture taking will now be a conduit to many wonderful memories. Please try to stay strong for Fritz and your mom. They both are going to need your love and support as you will theirs.

cyber-sibes
03-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Barry, I'm so sad to see this. My condolences to you and your family. Even when we expect someone to pass, it's a shock. It's wonderful you were able to share so may pictures of him and Fritz together with everyone on PT. Your family will be in my prayers & thoughts.

kimlovescats
03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh Barry, I had no idea that your Dad had even gone into the hospital! I am so very, very sorry!!! :( Like others have stated, I felt like I knew him, through all of your wonderful pictures and stories. He certainly was a very loved man and as far as I am concerned a loving member of PT as well!

Hugs and Prayers to you, your Mom, Fritz and family,
Kim

Donnaj4962
03-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. May your Father RIP.

GrabaLab
03-27-2007, 03:38 PM
We have enjoyed seeing all the photos and writings the past few weeks since coming to PT. We are so sorry to hear of your loss and we will be keeping you tightly knitted in our prayers.

Kfamr
03-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this news, Barry. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Danegirl2208
03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Barry, i am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family :(

((hugs))

Toby's my baby
03-27-2007, 08:25 PM
I am so so sorry {{HUGS}}

todd
03-27-2007, 08:50 PM
sorry for your loss

PJ's Mom
03-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Barry, your family is in my thoughts. I'm sorry for your loss.

M&M's Mommy
03-28-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. May sweet memories of him carry your and your family through this difficult time.

vinjashira
03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Barry :(

May your father rest in peace

Rachel
03-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Many of us have you on our minds and wondering how you are doing. Please check in when you feel able to do that. You have many friends who care about you here.

AdoreMyDogs
03-28-2007, 06:25 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :( Bless you and your family

KYS
03-28-2007, 08:01 PM
I am so very sorry! My prayers are with you and yours.
Sending many prayers. (((HUGS)))

Lori Jordan
03-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this,You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

May he rest well.

Dorothy39
04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Barry,

Your Father was a Remarkable Man from a Wonderful Generation~

May the Love from Family and Close Friends Comfort you and yours during this Difficult Time of Loss and Sorrow.

Your Family is in my Prayers~

Dorothy39

trayi52
04-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Barry, so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Prayers and good thoughts are on the way.

Willie :(

fritz03
03-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Thinking of my Dad Clifford Macklin today,it has been 5 years since we lost him to ALS.All his family and friends miss him very much.God Bless you Dad and also to his pals Fritz and Ruffles who we all miss a lot,it will be next Tuesday that Ruffles has been gone 10 years.

phesina
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
My deepest sympathy to you, Barry, and your family on this sad anniversary. May the wonderful memories of your father, and Fritz and Ruffles too, bring you comfort. Love is eternal, and you are all always together.

God bless.

tatsxxx11
03-27-2012, 06:29 PM
All my love to you Barry on this very sad day of remembrance. I will never forget the long "talks" we had when your Dad was so sick. I had just recently lost my own father and my heart was so heavy, knowing what you and your Mom, your entire family, were going through, the great sadness you were feeling. He was so lucky to have had a son as devoted and caring and loving as you, Barry. You were there for him every minute, and he left this earth knowing how loved he was. You've been through so much, having lost Ruffles, your Dad, and then Fritz so suddenly. Please know I think of you and your Mom, and Heidi, every day, that I keep you in my prayers.
(((HUGS)))
Sandra

Scooter's Mom
03-27-2012, 08:06 PM
My thoughts are with you on this anniversary.

cassiesmom
03-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Thinking and praying for you and your family today, Barry. Hope you have had a good day with warm memories.

Yesterday would have been my grandmother's birthday and it was a bright, sunny day. No decorations allowed during the month of March at the cemetery because that's when they do "spring clean-up" (and I use the term clean-up very loosely) so I didn't even go. But she was on my mind all day.

beeniesmom
04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm just seeing this. I am so very sorry for your loss.