PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts

cmayer31
03-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Well, with the recent thread about MP3 players I decided I would throw my newest addiction out there; podcasts!

I'm now officially a geek. I listen daily to environmental related podcasts most specifically National Marine Sanctuary podcasts. I always thought that you had to pay for these things and my newest roommate enlightened me to the fact that most are free!

In school there were certain lectures that I could listen to daily, and now with podcasts again. Whether it's the amount of plastic particles in the ocean, or well being of sea turtles I can listen to the cast whenever I want. Now instead of music blasting from my office I listen to specific topics; I think it's the greatest thing!

Anyone else listen to podcasts?

Cinder & Smoke
03-27-2007, 12:28 AM
:confused:

Why don't you post a couple of *links* to the podcasts you're talking about?

;)
/s/ Phred

shais_mom
03-27-2007, 12:33 AM
The only podcasts I have seen are on itunes and none that interested me.
but FREE?
send the link my way.....

ummmm Phred - you have HAVE an MP3 player? course you could listen to it on the 'Puter! Bet the dogs would LOVE it! ;) :p

cmayer31
03-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Will most of them I've borrowed from my roommates computer, but here's a site that I go to as well: The Water H2O podcasts (http://h2opodcast.com/oceans.html) You can choose the different topics that interest you. If you want you can subscribe to the podcast and they automatically download, I use iTunes, or you can click on the specific link to hear about the topic.

Cinder & Smoke
03-27-2007, 12:58 AM
ummmm Phred - you have HAVE an MP3 player?

Bet the dogs would LOVE it! ;) :p

An mp3 player? :p
Whas'zat? :o

I got's me a Rekord Playin Ma-chine ... spins 45s, 78s, an them new 33s! :D

Thanks, C13 - I'll look/listen to a couple of those.
Wonder why the Great Lakes aren't mentioned - there are a HOST of long-term
problems with them - polution, low water levels, invasive spiecies ... the list goes on. :(

cmayer31
03-27-2007, 01:07 AM
There are a couple of podcasts on them although I have not listened myself, so I can't comment on the content. Here's the link from H20 casts (http://h2opodcast.com/great.html#dd) .

Sadly it's very easy for many to get tunnel vision on the "big" topic of the Oceans and not even pay attention the waterways in their own backyards. I know that is very true here in San Diego. We have few lakes that are continually having issues, but not many people use or care about them. I kayak one regularly and it is sad to see how poorly it is managed. Interesting to see that the Great Lakes make up 18% of the world's available surface fresh water.

Cinder & Smoke
03-27-2007, 01:46 AM
There are a couple of podcasts on them ...

Here's the link from H20 casts (http://h2opodcast.com/great.html#dd) .

Oh, WOW!
:o

Ya just *LOOK* where it says GREAT LAKES,
then *click* on the *clikkie* thing ...
and

:rolleyes:

Maybe I'd do better with a Braille screen!

/s/ Dumm & Dummer

Killearn Kitties
03-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Only yesterday I found my first podcast! I am so impressed! It is about Knut, the baby polar bear in Berlin zoo. Paul posted the itunes link.

I know that the Queen's speech was also put out as a podcast for the first time at Christmas just past. Oh the times they are a-changin' Phred! I have a stack of wonderful 78s of my Dad's, but no way to play them.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-27-2007, 08:40 AM
My husband listens to so many podcasts, and he watches some video Podcasts as well. I've never gotten into them though.

todd
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
cool like podcasts