PDA

View Full Version : You want me to do what to get a date? Dang, really bad advice :S

king2005
03-26-2007, 11:19 AM
I have a crush on someone in our group of friends/people we know. I had no intentions of making any advances because I know I'm not his type. But the crush didn't care... Chad noticed & poked me until I spilled that I liked him (first guy I have liked in MANY months)... Anywho, I was at a friends for the all of sat (Chad & Andrew were out for the whole weekend & staying home alone didn't sound fun to me lol)... This lady asked if Joe has been hanging around my place a lot the past week... I said no, why? Because I heard her had a girlfriend & I thought it was you because I know you have a big thing for him.. GAH!!!! others noticed!!! (The World is over!! lol)...

Anywho she said you know hes only dates girls that are into Goth & BDSM... Ok thats lovely(already knew that, reason I didn't make an advance, as I know I'm NOT his type.. As a friend heck ya & I'm thrilled to be his friend only, not a big deal, 90% of my friends are guys)...

She said lets dress you up goth for one weekend & see what he says about you. I'm sure he'll go after you then...

Excuse me?!?!

Oh we'll just use the 2 day black hair dye...

:eek:

How about NO.

I'm sorry but I cannot change who I am just so a guy will date me. The relationship would NEVER work, as I'm lying who I am. I could also NEVER EVER EVER steal someone eles guy. NO WAY NO HOW!! BAD BAD BAD!!! Not even for the hottest sexiest man in the whole world!!

I have morals & I stick by them, esp if they involve other people!!

My man (yes a poor one at that) left me for some other chick (they were cheating on me)... I could never do that to someone else, i was crushed & tossed to the curb dirt poor, alone, & scared in a strange city so far away from home... Just the thought of getting inbetween a couple for my own pleasure is a HUGE downer... esp. when someone thinks I would sink that low.

Ya, everyone in the group teases me cause I haven't been in a relationship since June 2006, or a fling... Sure I'm lonely, miss holding someone, miss waking up to someone beside, miss being greated by the one that you love, & all that gooshy stuff... But I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life then in a lie. I'm very picky as I've had a rough past.. or it was a horrible rough past that haunts me to this day, but I'm still not going to lie.

I'm a tomboy, I act odd, do odd things, talk odd, but thats who I am. If a guy likes me for who I am awesome!! Then I'll date him! Yes I know the chances of me finding him are slim & I'm ok with that. I'd rather be happy then not.

JenBKR
03-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Good job - don't change who you are for ANYONE :D

king2005
03-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Thank you

I don't mind changing to be better, as in improving myself (like my Anxiety), or dressing up (mostly unwillingly) for a special outting like the guys wedding & the fancy xmas party for work.. Sure I HATE dresses, make up & all that other girly stuff, but it was only for one night & was more so to have fun, not to change me...

Karen
03-26-2007, 12:00 PM
And really, if he's not adult enough to see beyond the exterior appearance, do you wanna be with him anyway?

Good choice. Stick to your guns, girl, and you'll be better off in the long run. And whoever is teasing you about being alone, just tell them the truth -
"I'd rather be alone and happy than in an abusive relationship. Give a girl a chance to heal, will ya?"

king2005
03-26-2007, 12:08 PM
And really, if he's not adult enough to see beyond the exterior appearance, do you wanna be with him anyway?

Good choice. Stick to your guns, girl, and you'll be better off in the long run. And whoever is teasing you about being alone, just tell them the truth -
"I'd rather be alone and happy than in an abusive relationship. Give a girl a chance to heal, will ya?"

No no no no, Joe isn't a bad guy. Hes picky on who he dates, hes attracted to people like him, goth & bdsm & with a good personality (hes a VERY VERY VERY sweet soft guy & a good friend, please don't get a bad image of him)... Just like I'm only atteacted to white guys... & more attracted to blue eyes.. I cannot help it, thats what I really really like (the eyes thing isn't big, but the white part is) + personality needs to be right, d'uh lol...

None of them have been in an abusive relationship, so they just don't get it. They also say its been a year since you broke up with him, its about time you get back into the game, lots of nice guys out there... :rolleyes:

I'm in the game, I'm just HIGH in the stands, peering in on other players looking for the perfect one. Not any guy will do, must be perfect for me.