PDA

View Full Version : Just got horrible news.

angelbow20
03-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Well earlier today my dad asked me if I worked tomorrow and I said "yeah why" and he wouldnt answer me so I just left it go. So now I just got off work and my mom asks the same thing, and again I told her yes I work, she told me I had to call off or find someone to work for me because my grandmother is dying and she most likely doesnt have much longer and we have to go to her house to say goodbye, its so horrible and hard!! She is my only grandmother left that hasnt died I dont want to have to say goodbye to her, she is on morphine, she cant walk or anything, she is just laying in bed and her nursings told us it might be any day until shes gone. I guess her heart is now failing. Sorry for the thread I just dont know how else to get it out of me other than telling others.

Alysser
03-25-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. :( I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

krazyaboutkatz
03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

DrKym
03-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I am so sorry, prayers for you and your family!

petslover
03-25-2007, 07:05 PM
I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can feel that your heart has broken into peices over this situation but please know that God knows what he is doing. He will do the best. If it is the right time for her to leave this Earth, she will go to a higher place. You will meet her again..

I am so sorry.. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love!!

-hugs-

Catty1
03-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear this!

When you visit, smile and tell her a favourite memory you have of her, or more.

Even if she happens to be (I hope not) in a coma, there's a very good chance she can hear you. Hearing is the last thing to go.

{{{{hugs}}}}

angelbow20
03-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks so much everyone, its just so hard, its actually a shock, I thought she would have a long time to live yet and this all just happened so sudden.

angelbow20
03-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Whats going to hurt the most is letting my 3 yr old son give her a hug and kiss and say goodbye to his great grandmother who he may not remember since he is so young and wont understand whats happening to her, I heard she talks and can remember more when she is on the morphine but thats about it. she cant really breath, if she moves she stops breathing, Whats so strange is I was my sons age when I have to say goodbye to my great grammy and it was in the same house, its like same thing happening over again.

Kalei
03-25-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm so sorry. I had a grandmother pass away a few years ago now, and that was one of the worst times of my life too. It was so sad and hard to get over, ecspecially for my mom.

I will pray for your grandmother that her passing will be peaceful and for you and your family that you will all be okay.

joycenalex
03-25-2007, 07:34 PM
i'm so sorry. i hope her passing is peaceful.

Daisy and Delilah
03-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so hard to lose a loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you :(

Catty1
03-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Is she your dad's mom or your mom's mom?

I know the kind of "tunnel" this brings on - totally unreal, and you have to go through it.

But I know your parents will feel very supported by you just being there...and they will support you too.

{{{{hugs}}}}

BCollie_Kelly
03-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry :( . She will be in my thoughts.

angelbow20
03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Is she your dad's mom or your mom's mom?

I know the kind of "tunnel" this brings on - totally unreal, and you have to go through it.

But I know your parents will feel very supported by you just being there...and they will support you too.

{{{{hugs}}}}

This is my dads mom. My moms mom already passed away and I was sooo close to her she helped my mom raise me because my mom worked 2 jobs and was really young when she had me.

dukedogsmom
03-25-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm so sorry. It's very hard to say goodbye. I hope she can realise that you're there for her. I hope she passes on peacefully and without pain.

Karen
03-25-2007, 11:05 PM
You and your grandmother will be in our prayers.

Logan
03-26-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm so sorry. But, I'm glad you are going to be able to see her. I'm so glad that she was able to know your son before she got sick. I had one grandmother that lived long enough to know my daughter and it means the world to me.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-26-2007, 08:18 AM
To have the chance to say goodbye is a blessing although it won't make her passing any easier for you, she will find comfort being surrounded by those who love her. Bless you all at this sad time

king2005
03-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm so sorry to hear the news :(

I haven't lost a loved one (well not one that I really knew, or liked.. my grandfather was a mean drunk & hit me, so loosing him wasn't as sad as it should have been)... I'm waiting for the same phone call you just got, with my youngest grandmother (73), she has HepC from a blood transfusion back in the 80's (she was just thankful to be alive 20+ more years & doesn't care how she got it)... The last 3 winters its hit her hard. Last winter was the scariest, she was rushed to Toronto (which is 6hrs from her home)... I'm also expecting the same phone call for my mother aswell, as shes still getting worse... I have mixed feelings as I spite her so much, but I love my sister so much & it pains her, so when I get the phone call, I'm only going for my sister sake... My sister should spite our mother as well, but she was too young & used drugs to make it all go away that she doesn't remember much...

I wish I could be more supportive & say I understand how your feeling, but I cannot. I can just say I understand the pain loss brings to a loved one & that you'll need to really be there for your folks, as its going to hurt them oh so much. Lots of hugs to you & your family for a speedy passing to the big man in the sky. Just remember her body may be gone, but her memory & love will forever be in all your hearts!!

HUGS

Lobodeb
03-26-2007, 10:45 AM
While the situation itself is terrible, please cherish the opportunity to tell her goodbye. Make sure you tell her everything you want to tell her, i.e., "I love you," if you are comfortable saying that. As Catty1 said, the hearing is the last to go. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to my grandma. She was already gone by the time I got there. I just hope she knows that now.

Hugs and prayers to you, your grandmother and your family.

ramanth
03-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Many prayers for you and your family. *hugs*

When my grandpa passed away he was in Florida and I was home in MI with my sisters. My parents called from his bedside to let my sisters and I "speak" with him. Unfortunately my sisters had left to get something to eat and didn't get the chance. I'm forever grateful to have that chance to tell him one more time how much I loved him and appreciated everything.

Lori Jordan
03-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Im so sorry to hear this,It is always hard to let go of the ones we have loved and lost.

I know this will be one of the hardest things you will have to do,Be strong,And you all will feel this maybe as a blessing,If someone is in pain it is the hardest thing,She will no longer be in any pain or suffering.

Prayers to you and your Family.

angelbow20
03-26-2007, 02:36 PM
She fell when she tried to get up this morning and was rushed to the ER, the ambulance finally took her back home because thats where she wants to pass away at, We are going to her house in alittle bit to spend the time with her, At the hospital my son wouldnt get close to her I really think he was afraid because she had a mask and tubes all around her :( . The Dr. told us he doesnt think it will be much longer, its happening so fast and she isnt speaking or anything, her heart rate and pulse are pretty low about 50 something. Well I will let everyone know how it goes tonight when I get back home.... I only pray it get better and she wont be in any pain, she is getting morphine every 30 minutes, and today when I was outside I saw 2 doves by my house, I always heard doves mean a peaceful death and I never see doves so it was weird. thanks everyone for the words it really does mean alot to me.

todd
03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
so sorry

kallisto4529
03-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this news, this is a very painful thing to have happen, I lost my grandmother couple of years ago, we were extremely close, she was the only grandmother I ever knew, my mom's parents died before I was born and my grandfather died when I was 11, I helped to take care of her during the last few years of her life and I treasured every minute I had with her. I know how hard this is but just tell her you love her and give her the peace she needs.