View Full Version : Do You Think Impeachment Is A Viable Option

lizbud
03-25-2007, 05:29 PM
There was a poll to record yes or no votes with this article and I was
very amazed that here in this strongly Republican state, the yes vote
for impeachment as an option was 57%.

GOP Senator: Impeachment An Option For Bush

POSTED: 4:35 pm EDT March 25, 2007

WASHINGTON -- With his go-it-alone approach on Iraq, President George W. Bush is flouting Congress and the public, so angering lawmakers that some consider impeachment an option over his war policy, a senator from Bush's own party said Sunday.

Meanwhile, the Senate's No. 2 Republican leader harshly criticized House Democrats for setting an "artificial date" for withdrawing troops from Iraq and said he believes Republicans have enough votes to prevent passage of a similar bill in the Senate.

"We need to put that kind of decision in the hands of our commanders who are there on the ground with the men and women," said Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss. "For Congress to impose an artificial date of any kind is totally irresponsible."

GOP Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and a frequent critic of the war, stopped short of calling for Bush's impeachment. But he made clear that some lawmakers viewed that as an option should Bush choose to push ahead despite public sentiment against the war.

"Any president who says, I don't care, or I will not respond to what the people of this country are saying about Iraq or anything else, or I don't care what the Congress does, I am going to proceed -- if a president really believes that, then there are -- what I was pointing out, there are ways to deal with that," said Hagel, who is considering a 2008 presidential run.

The White House had no immediate reaction Sunday to Hagel's comments.

The Senate planned to begin debate Monday on a war spending bill that would set a nonbinding goal of March 31, 2008, for the removal of combat troops.

That comes after the House narrowly passed a bill Friday that would pay for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan this year but would require that combat troops come home from Iraq before September 2008 -- or earlier if the Iraqi government did not meet certain requirements.

On Sunday, Hagel said he was bothered by Bush's apparent disregard of congressional sentiment on Iraq, such as his decision to send additional troops. He said lawmakers now stood ready to stand up to the president when necessary.

In the April edition of Esquire magazine, Hagel described Bush as someone who doesn't believe he's accountable to anyone. "He's not accountable anymore, which isn't totally true. You can impeach him, and before this is over, you might see calls for his impeachment. I don't know. It depends on how this goes," Hagel told the magazine.

In his weekly address Saturday, Bush accused Democrats of partisanship in the House vote and said it would cut the number of troops below a level that U.S. military commanders say they need. Vice President Dick Cheney also accused Democrats of undermining U.S. troops in Iraq and of sending a message to terrorists that America will retreat in the face danger.

"We have clearly a situation where the president has lost the confidence of the American people in his war effort," Hagel said. "It is now time, going into the fifth year of that effort, for the Congress to step forward and be part of setting some boundaries and some conditions as to our involvement."

"This is not a monarchy," he added, referring to the possibility that some lawmakers may seek impeachment. "There are ways to deal with it. And I would hope the president understands that."

Lott said setting withdrawal dates is a futile and potentially dangerous exercise because Bush has made clear he will veto any such legislation.

"There are members in the Senate in both parties that are not comfortable with how things have gone in Iraq," Lott said. "But they understand that artificial timetables, even as goals, are a problem. ...We will try to take out the arbitrary dates."

Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., said the Senate bill seeks to heed the recommendations of the bipartisan Iraq Study Group by setting a goal of withdrawing some troops while leaving others behind to train the Iraqi army for border patrol and other missions.

"That, combined with a very aggressive, diplomatic effort in the region is what we're going to need to have," he said.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said she believed that setting a timetable was appropriate but declined to predict whether it would garner enough Senate votes to pass.

"People of this country have spoken overwhelmingly. It's been constant now," Feinstein said. "They want us out. It is time for the Senate to weigh in. I hope we will have the votes."

Edwina's Secretary
03-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Regrettably, no. I don't think there is enough time. The country is already focusing on W's replacement....I just can't see enough time to get the momentum to get it through. And then what??? ...Cheney :eek: :eek: :eek: ....an even more horrid nightmare.

Lady's Human
03-25-2007, 06:52 PM
It would be interesting, because you would need grounds for impeachment. Going against the will of congress by using veto powers isn't an impeachable offense.

If, however they did try to impeach the President over the CONDUCT of the war, it would create a Constitutional crisis, as Congress would be trying to grab powers granted to the executive branch.

columbine
03-25-2007, 07:38 PM
If, however they did try to impeach the President over the CONDUCT of the war, it would create a Constitutional crisis, as Congress would be trying to grab powers granted to the executive branch.Indeed - thus illuminating a critical imbalance and knocking the dispute into the court of a heavily stacked third branch. A lot of foresight went into this particular flouting of the Constitution.

At this point, the aim of impeachment wouldn't be to spare America another year of Presidential lawlessness, but rather to set a precedent in the hope of deterring it in the future. Were it not for the fact that the Vice-President had as much to do with the crime as the President, it would still be a good idea.

Love, Columbine

Lady's Human
03-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Heavily stacked?

The USSC is about dead even. There's no clear cut majority on the court at the moment. Look at the recent decisions they have come down with. If the President wanted to stack the court, he could take the same path as FDR and attempt to get congress to change the number of seats on the court.

Flouting the Constitution? If any branch of government is flouting the Constitution at the moment, it is Congress, as the Constitution CLEARLY puts conduct of military operations in the hands of the executive branch. The appropriations bill currently in Congress would be a fiasco even if it passed and they could override a Presidential veto. It would be in the hands of the Supreme Court before you could say "Nancy Pelosi".

Congress could cut off funding for the military, but they know it would ultimately be political suicide to do so.

Freedom
03-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't have a lot of specific knowledge on this just general ideas.

We fought in Korea, without Congress declaring war, and people followed because they were still riding the tide of WW II.

We fought in Vietnam without Congress declarng war, and people learned from the past and started protesting.

Now we are again in a war that was NOT declared by Congress; but now we have all those from the Vietnam era of the age which puts then in the political trenches, and they are NOT going to let that happen AGAIN.

Impeachment - would not solve this particular problem because of the term of office coming to an end; as mentioned already, the process could not easily be completed before then. So to go that route would be more of a political manuever. Can the people of the Vietnam era generation NOT start the process? They may feel they owe it to themselves.

Edwina's Secretary
03-25-2007, 10:37 PM
But lying about your sex life...now THAT'S an impeachable offense....hmmmm...maybe that is why a woman has never been president. ;) :D

Karen
03-25-2007, 11:16 PM
But lying about your sex life...now THAT'S an impeachable offense....hmmmm...maybe that is why a woman has never been president. ;) :D

Lying under oath about anything is an impeachable offense. That it was his "sex life" just made it more sensational.

I don't think impeachment is a viable alternative right now, nor do I think it is what the country needs. As much as I disrespect our current President, we need ALL branches of goverment to work as they should, bring balance into the power structure, move forward and work for the common good of the country and the world.

wombat2u2004
03-26-2007, 05:34 AM
What ARE you all going on about ???
Georgy boy is your elected president.....leave him be....he's doing a great job.
Wom

moosmom
03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE]"People of this country have spoken overwhelmingly. It's been constant now," Feinstein said. "They want us out. It is time for the Senate to weigh in. I hope we will have the votes."[QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better!!! Bush has run this country and it's reputation into the ground. Impeaching him at this point is a moot issue, since his term is almost over.

Wombat,

Doing a great job??? Oh PUHLEEEEEZE!!! For the record, I DIDN'T vote for him in either election, so count me out.

Edwina's Secretary
03-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Lying under oath about anything is an impeachable offense.

Which is, I suppose, why Bush doesn't want Rove and Maier to testify under oath..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When Clinton lied.....no one died.....

wombat2u2004
03-26-2007, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE]"People of this country have spoken overwhelmingly. It's been constant now," Feinstein said. "They want us out. It is time for the Senate to weigh in. I hope we will have the votes."[QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better!!! Bush has run this country and it's reputation into the ground. Impeaching him at this point is a moot issue, since his term is almost over.

Wombat,

Doing a great job??? Oh PUHLEEEEEZE!!! For the record, I DIDN'T vote for him in either election, so count me out.

Hmmmmmm.....I never do count "the vocal few" in.
Wom

Lady's Human
03-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Wombat, you want 'im? You got 'im. Fair trade, President Bush for PM Howard.

wombat2u2004
03-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Wombat, you want 'im? You got 'im. Fair trade, President Bush for PM Howard.

Well....we've already got 'im !!!!! Bush is right where we need him, and so is Howard.
The vocal few who would exhibit "self destruct mode" to the world are just a laughing point to us here.
If you're not happy with your president, then get another when his time is up.
Until then, live with your last vote.
Simple Simons law !!!!
Wombat

Lady's Human
03-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Self destruct mode?

You've got the wrong guy.

Gotta love bumper sticker politics. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Impeachment doesn't seem to do anything. Wasn't Clinton impeached? He never left office. :confused:

Lady's Human
03-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Former President Clinton was impeached, but not convicted by the Senate.

lizbud
03-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I just can't see enough time to get the momentum to get it through. And then what??? ...Cheney :eek: :eek: :eek: ....an even more horrid nightmare.

You've got a point there. From the skillet into the fire. :eek:

Seems to me this whole mess could have been avoided if the AG had just
told the truth from the beginning. The lawyers were fired for political reasons.
Other President's have done it before, but it seems the first reflex reaction from anyone in this administration is to lie or deny.

Grace
03-26-2007, 06:22 PM
What ARE you all going on about ???
Georgy boy is your elected president.....leave him be....he's doing a great job.
Wom

Not exactly elected - more like SELECTED by SCOTUS.
And I'm with Edwina's Secretary - the very thought of Cheney as President makes my blood run cold.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Former President Clinton was impeached, but not convicted by the Senate.
:confused: I thought either you were impeached or you weren't! So now the Senate is the judge??? :confused:

Lady's Human
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM
The House of Representatives presents Articles of Impeachment to the Senate. The Senate the tries the impeached official, under the guidance of the Chief Justice of the USSC.

If convicted by the Senate, the impeached official is removed from office.

cassiesmom
03-26-2007, 08:15 PM
If I could have one minute to talk to President Bush, here's what I'd like to say: Mr. President, it's time to un-bury your head from the sand. The actions being taken in Iraq - under your supervision as Commander in Chief - are not working. They are not achieving the desired outcome and young people are getting killed over there. It's time to go to plan B and that had darn well better include getting the troops home quickly. And while I have your attention, make sure they get the best possible health care for the rest of their lives, because they deserve it.

wombat2u2004
03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
If I could have one minute to talk to President Bush, here's what I'd like to say: Mr. President, it's time to un-bury your head from the sand. The actions being taken in Iraq - under your supervision as Commander in Chief - are not working. They are not achieving the desired outcome and young people are getting killed over there. It's time to go to plan B and that had darn well better include getting the troops home quickly. And while I have your attention, make sure they get the best possible health care for the rest of their lives, because they deserve it.

And he would say to you " You and LH really should stop whatever it is you are smoking lady !!!!"

Lady's Human
03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Once again, Wombat, you have no idea of whom you speak.

wombat2u2004
03-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Self destruct mode?

You've got the wrong guy.

Gotta love bumper sticker politics. :rolleyes:

Hey Homer........
Hahahaha.....you don't even know you're there....do you ????
This thread is getting about as intelligent as any Simpsons episode.
Wom

sparks19
03-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey Homer........
Hahahaha.....you don't even know you're there....do you ????
This thread is getting about as intelligent as any Simpsons episode.
Wom

LOL be careful... or they will start breaking out the :rolleyes: ... oh too late.

BTW, that reminds me of the episode where they call homer slow and they flash to his brain "something said... not good... what was it" Then in the middle of the night he yells out "HEY I AM NOT SLOW" lol GOD I love the simpsons.

Other than that I really have nothing to add lol I don't care either way hahaha

Lady's Human
03-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Wombat,

For starters, saying that someone who has spent 20 years in the military is in "self destruct mode" (which I assume is a reference to surrendering the battlefield to the enemy) can be taken as nothing other than a personal insult.

MY dislike of the current President has nothing to do with Iraq, Afghanistan, or any of the other multitude of operations which comprise the global War on Terror. While they have made mistakes, we are fighting a new type of war, a war which the military is not trained for. We're learning as we go, just as we did in WW2. One of our operations manuals dealing with the type of warfare we are currently involved in is in it's third revision since 2003.

My distaste for the administration lies entirely in their inept handling of domestic issues, including (but not limited to) Social Security reform, the prescription drug program, internal administration affairs that they cannot seem to handle in any manner fitting the executive branch, failure to back Sec Def Rumsfeld, mismanaged information warfare, leaks, inability to control congressional pork even WITH a majority, the list is long. There is much going on within the US that I sincerely doubt makes the evening news in Australia.

Disagreement with the administration does not equal surrender.

As to the comments about Homer Simpson, I would advise you and Sparky to look in the mirror. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

caseysmom
03-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Wombat...first off I am shocked that Lady's Human doesn't like the president, he is as far as I know pretty conservative...I am quite positive he is smoking nothing.

I, on the other hand am pretty liberal but still respect lady's humans viewpoints...you might want to do the same when others have a differing opinion.

Edwina's Secretary
03-26-2007, 11:07 PM
How amusing! The opposing voices are coming from foreign nationals! Where's the very mature and intelligent Miss Z when we need her to remind us of not meddling in foreign affairs....

Only about 36% of US citizens are happy with the president's handling of things right now.

I realize water goes down the drain "backwards" Down Under....but even there I suspect +60% does not equal a minority!

Edwina's Secretary
03-26-2007, 11:15 PM
And...Clinton was not the first impeachment...that goes to Andrew Johnson (vice-president to Lincoln..became president upon Lincoln's assasination) was impeached. The Senate was one vote short of conviction so he wasn't booted out of office either.

wombat2u2004
03-27-2007, 05:39 AM
LOL be careful... or they will start breaking out the :rolleyes: ... oh too late.

BTW, that reminds me of the episode where they call homer slow and they flash to his brain "something said... not good... what was it" Then in the middle of the night he yells out "HEY I AM NOT SLOW" lol GOD I love the simpsons.

Other than that I really have nothing to add lol I don't care either way hahaha

LOL....nope aint seen that one.....I love that show to tho
Hey....let me try it.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WOW....four times Sparksy....thats really kool !!!!
Wom

wombat2u2004
03-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Wombat,

For starters, saying that someone who has spent 20 years in the military is in "self destruct mode" (which I assume is a reference to surrendering the battlefield to the enemy) can be taken as nothing other than a personal insult.

MY dislike of the current President has nothing to do with Iraq, Afghanistan, or any of the other multitude of operations which comprise the global War on Terror. While they have made mistakes, we are fighting a new type of war, a war which the military is not trained for. We're learning as we go, just as we did in WW2. One of our operations manuals dealing with the type of warfare we are currently involved in is in it's third revision since 2003.

My distaste for the administration lies entirely in their inept handling of domestic issues, including (but not limited to) Social Security reform, the prescription drug program, internal administration affairs that they cannot seem to handle in any manner fitting the executive branch, failure to back Sec Def Rumsfeld, mismanaged information warfare, leaks, inability to control congressional pork even WITH a majority, the list is long. There is much going on within the US that I sincerely doubt makes the evening news in Australia.

Disagreement with the administration does not equal surrender.

As to the comments about Homer Simpson, I would advise you and Sparky to look in the mirror. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Woweeee !!!!

LilacDragon
03-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I have never liked the Bush's - Jr. or Sr.

The thing that strikes me is the fact that George Jr. seems to have a problem doing things "above board". He hides things, denies things and flat out lies about things. This whole thing about the judges that got fired is just one more example of that. He (and his staff) tried to hide it and now that it is out - he is willing to fight to keep any testamony off the record. Why is that? If nothing improper was done, then why can't those who actively participated testify before Congress under oath?

As for the war in Iraq - he lied to get us in there, prettied it up by claiming it had to do with protecting us from Terrorists, destroyed their government, their economy, their water supplies, etc. And this in a country full of people that already hated Americans! Sorry folks, but to pull our troops out of there now would not accomplish anything except to allow those who target our troops to have time to look for a new target. Anyone want to guess where or who the new target would be?

columbine
03-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Sorry folks, but to pull our troops out of there now would not accomplish anything except to allow those who target our troops to have time to look for a new target. Anyone want to guess where or who the new target would be?For the Sunnis, the Shiites.
For the Shiites, the Sunnis.

LilacDragon
03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
For the Sunnis, the Shiites.
For the Shiites, the Sunnis.

I sure hope you aren't betting the farm on that.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
The House of Representatives presents Articles of Impeachment to the Senate. The Senate the tries the impeached official, under the guidance of the Chief Justice of the USSC.

If convicted by the Senate, the impeached official is removed from office.
So, he wasn't really impeached. They just tried to and failed!?

By the way, the prescription drug program is working out very well for me!!!
(just thought your might like to know it's not a complete mess for everyone) ;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
So, he wasn't really impeached. They just tried to and failed!?

It is more a misunderstanding of what "impeached" means. Just as anyone who has ever received a traffic ticket has been "arrested" ....impeached means to accuse a public offical of wrong-doing. Arrested does not equal convicted...nor does impeached.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-27-2007, 01:18 PM
It is more a misunderstanding of what "impeached" means.
You got that right! All I remember in the dusty cobwebs of my mind is my US History teacher telling us that the only way to remove a president from office was to Impeach him. So, I assumed if he was impeached, he should have been removed!!! Never trust a cobweb, eh? ;) :D

cyber-sibes
03-27-2007, 02:45 PM
"Is impeachment a viable option?" No.

joycenalex
03-27-2007, 03:59 PM
...this by hagel isn't about impeachment. it's a warning shot over karl roves bow....

Puckstop31
03-27-2007, 05:32 PM
"People of this country have spoken overwhelmingly. It's been constant now," Feinstein said. "They want us out. It is time for the Senate to weigh in. I hope we will have the votes."

Hmmmmm... The art of spin is strong with this one.

On other internet forums I visit, some that are dedicated to political discussion, I find that informed people (by that I mean people who have more than an emotional or political intrest in the issue at hand) want us to WIN and then leave.

I am sure we all could go back and forth all day about how and why we got there, but we are there now and have heavily invested in this mission. have we become so weak willed as a people that when faced with hardship all we want to do is quit? Sad if you ask me....

Read some history... True peace only comes through victory. Perhaps a sad statement of humanity, but true.

Puckstop31
03-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Which is, I suppose, why Bush doesn't want Rove and Maier to testify under oath..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When Clinton lied.....no one died.....

Always with the rolling of eyes with you.

I will give you that it is indeed a little suspicious... But perhaps The President is simply trying to protect the powers of the Executive Branch from a Congress that now routinely attempts to overstep their Constitutional powers.

Also, I am going to keep in mind from now on that you have now twice (so far) in this thread qualified perjury. Interesting....

Puckstop31
03-27-2007, 05:46 PM
How amusing! The opposing voices are coming from foreign nationals! Where's the very mature and intelligent Miss Z when we need her to remind us of not meddling in foreign affairs....

Only about 36% of US citizens are happy with the president's handling of things right now.

I realize water goes down the drain "backwards" Down Under....but even there I suspect +60% does not equal a minority!

But...But... But I thought one of the reasons we hate President Bush is because of how he has so tarnished our image outside the country. I would think you would want to hear what "foreign nationals" think. Or is it only the foreign nationals who agree with you?

As for "polling data"... I converse regulary with a professional in that game. He often says that you can prove ANYthing with polling data, it is all about how you finesse it. Polls... (In grand Edwinas Secretary fashion)

:rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
But...But... But I thought one of the reasons we hate President Bush is because of how he has so tarnished our image outside the country. I would think you would want to hear what "foreign nationals" think. Or is it only the foreign nationals who agree with you?

As for "polling data"... I converse regulary with a professional in that game. He often says that you can prove ANYthing with polling data, it is all about how you finesse it. Polls... (In grand Edwinas Secretary fashion)

Hey Puck....how ya doin ???
I see you come in to take a look at our wonderful thread....eh ??? Hehehe.
Wom

wombat2u2004
03-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Yep....gotta agree with the polls bit you comment about.
But......I guess some people....just don't have anything else to go on....
Hey watch this....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....cool huh ???? That's the in thing here at the moment Puck....rolly eyes....funny little things...ain't they ???? LOL

lizbud
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
You " converse regulary " ? :D Merrian-Webster is a free site. Check it out
some time.

Maybe that's why sparky keeps you around. You're good for a few laughs
I guess. :D

sparks19
03-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Yep....gotta agree with the polls bit you comment about.
But......I guess some people....just don't have anything else to go on....
Hey watch this....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....cool huh ???? That's the in thing here at the moment Puck....rolly eyes....funny little things...ain't they ???? LOL

THEY :eek: didn't you know that is a derogatory term now.... tsk tsk You intolerant fool :D

Lizbud if you only knew all the things he is good for.... notice I am one of the very few women that doesn't complain about my husband.... I have no complaints ;)

But what do I know.... I just string beads all day right? I'm not worthy ;)

LOL ETA: I just HAD to add this Homer quote.... "Facts Shmacts. You can use facts to prove ANYTHING." gotta love that guy lol.

Puckstop31
03-27-2007, 06:51 PM
You " converse regulary " ? :D Merrian-Webster is a free site. Check it out
some time.

Maybe that's why sparky keeps you around. You're good for a few laughs
I guess. :D

This is all you got? All you have is to point out a typo?

Figures...

Edwina's Secretary
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
You know Sparks....maybe if you ever posted something vaguely amusing you wouldn't have to write "LOL" and "hahaha" so much. Sort of like a laugh track on tv....since there is nothing remotely funny you need to tell people when to laugh....of course ...just JMHO...or whatever that other thing is.....

cassiesmom
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
And he would say to you " You and LH really should stop whatever it is you are smoking lady !!!!"

You know what Wom, I think he'd probably say something more like (trying out my Pres. Bush impersonation) "I appreciate your taking the time to share your opinion." I get the sense that he's committed to staying in there, at least for now.

wombat2u2004
03-27-2007, 07:42 PM
You know what Wom, I think he'd probably say something more like (trying out my Pres. Bush impersonation) "I appreciate your taking the time to share your opinion." I get the sense that he's committed to staying in there, at least for now.

Well....I guess he would say that CM......And rightly so. He has committed his armies plus ours......he should see it out.
Wom
P.S. GREAT impersonation !!!! ;)

wombat2u2004
03-27-2007, 07:50 PM
THEY :eek: didn't you know that is a derogatory term now.... tsk tsk You intolerant fool :D

Lizbud if you only knew all the things he is good for.... notice I am one of the very few women that doesn't complain about my husband.... I have no complaints ;)

But what do I know.... I just string beads all day right? I'm not worthy ;)

LOL ETA: I just HAD to add this Homer quote.... "Facts Shmacts. You can use facts to prove ANYTHING." gotta love that guy lol.

Oh....am I being derogatory again ??? Sorry !!!! Beats the hell out of being arrogant tho....eh ??? LOLOL.....oops.....sorry....shouldn't be posting any LOLs or ROFLS or things like that.....gee....some might think that we have a sense of humour or something. Now we can't have that...eh ????
But....just for the hell of it....I want some rolly eyes.....can I ????
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wow.....I love em !!!!
Wom

sparks19
03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
You know Sparks....maybe if you ever posted something vaguely amusing you wouldn't have to write "LOL" and "hahaha" so much. Sort of like a laugh track on tv....since there is nothing remotely funny you need to tell people when to laugh....of course ...just JMHO...or whatever that other thing is.....

Well now you know how the rest of us view your constant use of :rolleyes: We don't need you to tell us you think you are clever ;) We know you think you are clever.... but JMHO if you have something to say you should say it... not cover it up with :rolleyes: Don't be passive aggressive :D

BTW, LOL I thought LOL was stating that I was the one laughing? and just for good measure... LOL

sparks19
03-27-2007, 08:04 PM

YOu should try out for MadTV.... that's a better impersonation than their actors give... :D

Plus it would interesting to see a woman playing Bush....no pun intended ;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Well now you know how the rest of us view your constant use of :rolleyes: We don't need you to tell us you think you are clever ;) We know you think you are clever.... but JMHO if you have something to say you should say it... not cover it up with :rolleyes: Don't be passive aggressive :D

BTW, LOL I thought LOL was stating that I was the one laughing? and just for good measure... LOL

I would suggest if my cleverness and writing style offends you...put me on your ignore list. It is what I do with really obnoxious people on here and it makes for a much more pleasant world!

sparks19
03-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I would suggest if my cleverness and writing style offends you...put me on your ignore list. It is what I do with really obnoxious people on here and it makes for a much more pleasant world!

There you go reading between lines that aren't there ;) another of your specialties.... Where did I say it offends me? I don't get offended.... Im not that sensitive. Being offended only means you care too much.... and I don't... this is strictly for fun :D Or should I say LOL

Of course I could suggest the same to you if my LOL upsets you so. :eek:

Puckstop31
03-27-2007, 09:33 PM

Epic...

So what you are saying is you ignore people who OWN you eh? How SO typical of the elitist snob you are.

It is the bumps and bruises and how we deal with them that shape who we are. Anybody can "feel good" when they are only surrounded by those who are of the same mind. A TRUE intellectual seeks out differing viewpoints. You choose to "ignore" them. Quite telling, no?

Chew on that....

Lady's Human
03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Puckstop, Chill out.

Puckstop31
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Puckstop, Chill out.

I am quite calm. Either offer a rebuttle or not. Your lack of a real responce is quite deafening.

I am not going to apologize for speaking the truth.

Lady's Human
03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
What I am referring to is the use of invective in you post. It doesn't belong here.

After many debates and arguments with ES, Liz, et al, I can assure you that nothing you have posted here is beyond their ability to rebut. The issue, however, is that it gets rather tiring trying to argue with someone who has imbibed the Koolade and gone back with a straw because he might have left a few drops in the pitcher.

sparks19
03-27-2007, 09:50 PM
What I am referring to is the use of invective in you post. It doesn't belong here.

After many debates and arguments with ES, Liz, et al, I can assure you that nothing you have posted here is beyond their ability to rebut. The issue, however, is that it gets rather tiring trying to argue with someone who has imbibed the Koolade and gone back with a straw because he might have left a few drops in the pitcher.

In other words.... it gets tiring trying to argue with someone that disagrees with your position.

What would you classify as the "koolade" in this thread?

Puckstop31
03-27-2007, 09:56 PM

Koolade eh? You have NO idea who I really am do you?

If I am so wrong, lets hear it. I am than ready for this debate.
Come on, it should be easy for you really smart people to beat on a koolaide drinker like me.

All air from you so far, no substance. Which is the typical way to rebut decent arguements. Simply pass me off as a koolaide drinker.

Marigold2
03-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Koolade eh? You have NO idea who I really am do you?

If I am so wrong, lets hear it. I am than ready for this debate.
Come on, it should be easy for you really smart people to beat on a koolaide drinker like me.

All air from you so far, no substance. Which is the typical way to rebut decent arguements. Simply pass me off as a koolaide drinker.

If you have something to add to the debate do so, but don't argue just for the heck of it. We respect everyones opinion here even if we don't always agree. People here are fair and thoughtful for the most part regardless of how important they are or think they are. If you need to blow off some steam I suggest a gym.

gini
03-27-2007, 11:55 PM
As our mayor would say........."sigh"

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Epic...

So what you are saying is you ignore people who OWN you eh? How SO typical of the elitist snob you are.

It is the bumps and bruises and how we deal with them that shape who we are. Anybody can "feel good" when they are only surrounded by those who are of the same mind. A TRUE intellectual seeks out differing viewpoints. You choose to "ignore" them. Quite telling, no?

Chew on that....

Hahahahaha....Puck.....in past posts you always say to us that you just tell the truth as it is. I must admit.....you are right. I am now a believer.
Well done.
Wombat

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 05:21 AM
In other words.... it gets tiring trying to argue with someone that disagrees with your position.

What would you classify as the "koolade" in this thread?

Ahhhhh......now we are getting somewhere.
Seems to me there are a couple on this board who have no regard for an alternative point of view....in fact even if it was the SAME point of view, I'm sure they would find fault with that.
And just how would we label such behaviour ????
I think....yes....arrogance.....in every sense of that word.
Wombat

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 05:26 AM
Puckstop, we know who you are, you are the kid who loves grape koolaid and argues for no other reason then to start a fight.
If you have something to add to the debate do so, but don't argue just for the heck of it. We respect everyones opinion here even if we don't always agree. People here are fair and thoughtful for the most part regardless of how important they are or think they are. If you need to blow off some steam I suggest a gym.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhhhhh.....Marigold.....I think you are blaming the wrong person here.
I agree with every word you say here....but the perpetrator/s is NOT Puckstop.
Wombat

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 05:32 AM
There you go reading between lines that aren't there ;) another of your specialties.... Where did I say it offends me? I don't get offended.... Im not that sensitive. Being offended only means you care too much.... and I don't... this is strictly for fun :D Or should I say LOL

Of course I could suggest the same to you if my LOL upsets you so. :eek:

But Sparksy.....just think of the benefits.
A more pleasant world !!!!
No more arrogance, or people trying to show how smart they are....AND...no more rolly eyes !!!!!
Go for it mate....GO FOR IT !!!! ;)
Wombat

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Oh...and just for good measure......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wom

Puckstop31
03-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Puckstop, we know who you are, you are the kid who loves grape koolaid and argues for no other reason then to start a fight.

Quite the contrary... My life experience has taught me when it is wise to fight and when it is wise to run. I pick and choose my battles.

If you have something to add to the debate do so, but don't argue just for the heck of it.

I have and the usual suspects have not had ONE actual responce to anything I have said. Silence is deafening sometimes, eh?

We respect everyones opinion here even if we don't always agree. People here are fair and thoughtful for the most part regardless of how important they are or think they are. If you need to blow off some steam I suggest a gym.

I disagree with the first two sentences. As for the 3rd, I have a hockey game tonight, will that do? :)

Puckstop31
03-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Ahhhhh......now we are getting somewhere.
Seems to me there are a couple on this board who have no regard for an alternative point of view....in fact even if it was the SAME point of view, I'm sure they would find fault with that.
And just how would we label such behaviour ????
I think....yes....arrogance.....in every sense of that word.
Wombat

Right on target... For some of the participants here, it shows in almost every post they make.

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Right on target... For some of the participants here, it shows in almost every post they make.

That is very true Puckstop.
Wom

sparks19
03-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm still waiting to find out what exactly was said that leads one to believe we are "koolade" drinkers.

lizbud
03-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Well now you know how the rest of us view your constant use of :rolleyes: We don't need you to tell us you think you are clever ;) OL

"the rest of us?" You mean you, your hubby & wom. 3 dingbats who haven't
a clue about US politics?

lizbud
03-28-2007, 10:35 AM
This is all you got? All you have is to point out a typo?

Figures...

All the other drivel you spout is not worthy of comment. Grow up boy.

lizbud
03-28-2007, 10:38 AM
As our mayor would say........."sigh"

Big sigh here. ;) I really need to start on my taxes & ignore these silly
games some youngins play. :p

Puckstop31
03-28-2007, 10:40 AM

I don't have a clue about US politics?? REALLY? What makes you think that? Because I disagree with your position?

Just an FYI, while my wife is a Canadian I am a natural born US Citizen and have lived here my entire life.

Dingbats... Nice touch. I am still patiently waiting for you to actually rebut my comments, anyone???

Come on ES or LH, why are you ducking out now? Or did you take the "high ground" and simply ignore me? That would figure because you are all of the position of running away when the going gets tough.

Puckstop31
03-28-2007, 10:43 AM
All the other drivel you spout is not worthy of comment. Grow up boy.

Now THAT is funny.

I'd be afraid to actually comment if I were you too. I am WAY out of your league.

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Liz...use the ignore function. It really makes life more pleasant and it is not like you will be missing anything... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

caseysmom
03-28-2007, 11:17 AM
You guys need to chill....we finally got rid of the band of crazies and pt is a lovely place again.

It is just funny to see lady's human and es being lumped together...if these folks only knew the history!

sparks19
03-28-2007, 11:29 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One of the people that complained the most about "name calling" in another thread because they were referenced to as "suckers"

Hello pot? have you met Kettle? Kettle... meet pot. :D

Only three of us are vocal about it... rest assured there are more... but it is not my place to bring them into it if they do not wish to be vocal about it. But that is besides the point....

I still am waiting to find out what this "koolade" is we have been drinking.....

Karen
03-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Actually, Puckstop, I know that Lady's Human will be away from the computer for the next few days and *gasp* it has naught to do with you, or this thread!

Has to do with family matters, military matters and an attendant road trip.

And there should be no namecalling of anyone anywhere on Pet Talk, for the record everyone.

Anyone who wants to have that kind of debate about politics or any subject can surely find a million bulletin boards on the Internet that are just for that purpose. This one, though, is Pet Talk.

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2007, 11:56 AM
You guys need to chill....we finally got rid of the band of crazies and pt is a lovely place again.

It is just funny to see lady's human and es being lumped together...if these folks only knew the history!

That's what so nice about ignore...

But you know...LH and I have gotten into many heated and emotional debates. The difference is...we never got personally nasty (in public at least ;) )....we didn't (which is not to suggest we could still get into some heated debate....we do have very deep differences ;) ) get into name calling or the kind of baiting that you usually hear on the school yard.

There seems to be a crop of folks now who just like to be nasty...to fight for the thrill of fighting...to insult...to try and belittle... your classic bully...your blowhard.

I hope they will find another outlet for their frustrations and hostility. Meanwhile, I'll use the ignore function.

caseysmom
03-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Exactly...there are many I have differing opionions with but we remain civil.

Puckstop31
03-28-2007, 01:05 PM
There seems to be a crop of folks now who just like to be nasty...to fight for the thrill of fighting...to insult...to try and belittle... your classic bully...your blowhard.

I hope they will find another outlet for their frustrations and hostility. Meanwhile, I'll use the ignore function.

Cool deal... Not only are you a coward and a fake, NOW you are a hypocrite too. I am sure I could pull several things you said just in this thread that are meant to "try and belittle".

There is no hostility here, none at all. I just tried to participate in this thread. It's too bad you are "too good" to actually rebut anything I said, instead of ducking the issue like you are now.

Oh well... It could have been a fun chat...

Puckstop31
03-28-2007, 01:05 PM

If you are talking about me, when was I not civil? I was asked to edit a post and I did so.

sparks19
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM

Well Civility must be in the eye of the beholder. :D Because I can find many instances where some others were NOT civil... but no body complained then... They just kept on...

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Well Civility must be in the eye of the beholder. :D Because I can find many instances where some others were NOT civil... but no body complained then... They just kept on...

Yup.....gotta go with you on that one Sparksy.
And it's nice to know that they have been brought down a peg or to.
Wom

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 06:07 PM

WE....should be SOME CM
Wom

lizbud
03-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Yup.....gotta go with you on that one Sparksy.
And it's nice to know that they have been brought down a peg or to.
Wom

In your dreams sir, in your dreams. :p Almost spit my coffee all over my
keypad on that one. :D

wombat2u2004
03-28-2007, 06:53 PM
In your dreams sir, in your dreams. :p Almost spit my coffee all over my
keypad on that one. :D

Fair enough.....but if they both don't share enough brain neurons between them to realise what has gone down here..... :rolleyes:
Hehehehe....next time you drink coffee....put a plastic bag over your head....it can save the keyboard... ;)
Wom

sparks19
03-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Fair enough.....but if they both don't share enough brain neurons between them to realise what has gone down here..... :rolleyes:
Hehehehe....next time you drink coffee....put a plastic bag over your head....it can save the keyboard... ;)
Wom

Did you know you can unplug your keyboard... immerse it in water... let it dry... plug it back in and it will still work :D

Just a bit of useless info.... I do know about other things other than just stringing beads ;)

Karen
03-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Did you know you can unplug your keyboard... immerse it in water... let it dry... plug it back in and it will still work :D

Just a bit of useless info.... I do know about other things other than just stringing beads ;)

I would not try that - metal components will still be prone to rust and corrosion, and it's not worth the cost of a new keyboard, never mind the inconvenience of being without one!

sparks19
03-29-2007, 12:04 AM
I would not try that - metal components will still be prone to rust and corrosion, and it's not worth the cost of a new keyboard, never mind the inconvenience of being without one!

LOL I did not recommend it... I'm just saying it works.

I used to be a tech support agent for an internet company LOL and a guy called in for tech support and I asked him to go try to go to a website.... and he said... "I can't right now" and I asked why not... He said his keyboard was drying as he just washed it in the BATHTUB... lol. I asked why he would do such a thing... and he said "because it was dirty." LOL DUH how silly of me

Karen
03-29-2007, 12:10 AM
But I worked with a woman who was so misophobic that she used a spray-cleaner on her keyboard nearly every day - then complained that her keys were sticking!

This thread has gone so far from it's original topic, I'm going to close it now. If anyone wants to restart an impeachment thread, they are free to make a new thread if they have something new to say.