PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else do this?

NicoleLJ
03-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Went out today to buy some Maternity Pants and came back with Easter stuff for the kids instead. Nope didn't get the pants. Didn't like any of them. Sheena sure was a hit though. The store was packed(I hate it when it is this busy). Usually on Sundays it is fairly empty here but not today. Went in and discovered the place was crawling in kids. Luckily most of them were with very Service Dog aware parents. So no kids running up and grabbing Sheena or anything(though I bet she would have loved some faces to wash). Sheena did help two moms with crying kids. As soon as the parents spotted Sheena they would turn their crying toddlers around and then say "Look a Working Doggy" Stopped the kids mid cry. Always works. lol I am always happy to help in that way. lol

So anyway we went and sure enough did not get what we set out to get. But we didn't come home empty handed either. We came home with a bunch of Easter stuff for the kids. They are a grandma's for the weekend since it is hubby's b-day yesterday. So do you guys do that too? Go out to get one thing but bring home a bunch of other things instead? LOL. I have a habbit of doing that. lol
Nicole

Marigold2
03-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Happens to me all the time. I go in for one thing and come out with another needed item.

Zippy
03-25-2007, 04:21 PM
It happens to me too.I go for one thing and come back with another idem I found that I needed.

critter crazy
03-25-2007, 04:24 PM
It happens everytime I go to get something for myself! I have a very hard time parting with money for myself, but for the kids, hubby and pets, it comes very easily! Cant even remember the last thing I bought myself!:rolleyes:

BitsyNaceyDog
03-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I have 2 "problems" when it comes to shopping- the first is I hate spending money and the second is that I am obsessed with lists. I never leave the house without a list, sometimes several lists. If we need to go to multiple stores I will have a list of the stores and the order in which we should go to them. I'll also have a list of things we need to get in each of those stores. It's probably some sort of OCD as I rarely can stray from my lists. My grocery list is a whole other issue. We will have a grocery list going on the refrigerator, but before I go to the grocery store I have to rewrite the list in the order I will find the products in the store.

Twisterdog
03-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh my. It would be simpler to ask, "Do you ever NOT do this?" and the answer would be "No!".

I can't recall EVER going to a store and buying JUST the item I went in for. It's truly sad. :rolleyes:

Karen
03-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Rarely do I do that, but I dislike most shopping, so tend to go with a specific purpsoe in mind, and focus just on that. I do like grocery shopping, but I like it less now that my food allergies limit my choices and make it so I have to read ingredients labels for everything. :(