PDA

View Full Version : HELP. Trying to remove closet doors. Cannot figure it out

king2005
03-25-2007, 01:24 AM
:confused: :confused:

I have tried brute strength, looking for a lock of some sort, & hoping it would just fall off on its own (still waiting lol)...

Its a cheap wooden sliding door(2 doors, one behind the other). I was able to get the bottom wheels off the track, but the top ones don't lift off. They are stuck in the track. I tried to unscrew the only screw/bolt I can see (its quite long), but it shifted & I cannot get it all the way out... :confused:

Is there a trick to this or something??

I would LOVE to get them off tonight, so I can finish up my room...

Thanks in advance

sirrahbed
03-25-2007, 09:51 AM
I have the same doors (sounds like it) and so have been messing with them here. I finally asked hubby how he does it. He showed me that he does it by pushing UP on the door to lift the wheel out of the track and then tipping the door in or out. Also, mine have the wheel bracket screwed on at the inner top of the doors and hubby says that loosening the screws is another way to remove them if the doors are too high to the ceiling to be able to push up.

Good luck :)

king2005
03-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I have the same doors (sounds like it) and so have been messing with them here. I finally asked hubby how he does it. He showed me that he does it by pushing UP on the door to lift the wheel out of the track and then tipping the door in or out. Also, mine have the wheel bracket screwed on at the inner top of the doors and hubby says that loosening the screws is another way to remove them if the doors are too high to the ceiling to be able to push up.

Good luck :)

Thank you, I'll rush upstairs & will try that right now... This time I know better then to get to close to the back of my bed... While I was fighting with the doors, I got too close to my bed & had a bloody mess on my hands lol My poor poor ankle :D

king2005
03-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Stomps feet. The doors are still winning :rolleyes:

no blood loss this time thought lol

angelbow20
03-25-2007, 12:50 PM
We used to have those closet doors, and once I had shoved all my clothes in the closet and got it stuck and my dad was really mad and tried to wank it open and broke his finger after the closet door flew open on his finger :eek: They are really tricky and annoying doors though and im sorry I cant really help ya out.

king2005
03-25-2007, 01:13 PM
We used to have those closet doors, and once I had shoved all my clothes in the closet and got it stuck and my dad was really mad and tried to wank it open and broke his finger after the closet door flew open on his finger :eek: They are really tricky and annoying doors though and im sorry I cant really help ya out.

Ouch your poor dad :eek:

angelbow20
03-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Yea my dad was kinda mad at me so I kinda hid most of the day, but he got over it.