PDA

View Full Version : How many times does your dog eat every day.t

Puppypower64
07-04-2002, 02:22 PM
I don't have a dog but the tipical dow eats 2 or 3 times a day.

Fuzzy317
07-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Our dogs eat once in morning, once at night.

Although this afternoon today, we were outside putting a park-bench together, someone had not put the groceries away like they were supposed to, so the dogs had a lunch of some really nice sirloin steaks rare. :(

sweet_stormy
07-04-2002, 05:17 PM
It depends on the day. U know. If Snowball is hungry or not. If it is really hot out or not.

Deb Motter
07-04-2002, 05:38 PM
2 "official" meals, but she gets a taste of our lunches or snacks too, of course.

Pam
07-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Twice a day. She eats her breakfast and her dinner when we eat ours. :)

Aspen and Misty
07-04-2002, 11:03 PM
Teddy gets feed once and Chewy gets feed twice.

lovemymaltese
07-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Tango eats on dry dog food during the day and wet dog food at night, and of course I sneak treats.

ChrisH
08-06-2002, 01:12 PM
Mostly just one meal in the evening but very often has something at breakfast time also.

manda99
08-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Morning and evening
and sometimes in the middle of the day if they seem hungry -- Like, they've been really active that day or just trolling around the food bag/bucket which they don't usually do.
I mean, people are hungrier some days than others for no real reason, seems logical that any animal would be, too.

leo
08-07-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Puppypower64
I don't have a dog but the tipical dow eats 2 or 3 times a day. :cool: hi:co

ol: :cool: :confused: :eek: :mad: :p

turner
08-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Phoebe and Deisel eat twice a day. They get breakfast and then the get water through out the day. Then they eat dinner and of course they get desert. Either a pigs ear or a hoof and of course they get 1 each. denta bone (I slip in a healthy thing for them) and they don't know it!!! hee hee. If they only knew it wasn't really a treat, treat!

Andie
08-14-2002, 08:39 PM
The Dogs eat mainly after our supper when they are let back in the house and they have little treats (extra meat bits that no1 ate, beef bones, brown gravey <--- very rare, and usually my tomatoes from my salad.) but their bowls are full all day and sometimes they'll nibble. The cat eats every morning @ 5:30 am sharp and if no1 get out to feed her by this time she will bug you til you do.:D

Crikit
08-14-2002, 09:32 PM
both dogs get feed in the morning before I get dressed to go to work and at night after I'm done my supper...unless they have a class that night and then they don't get feed until we get home and then it's usually decreased a little bit so they don't put on extra weight after all it's taken me a year to get Smudge down to where he just has to lose a couple of pounds to be the right weight.

Cookiebaker
09-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Morning Noon & Night. But that's because Mister Malone is still a pup. Our vet said that around 1 year, we should cut back to 2X per day only.

RockyRoad
09-08-2002, 11:57 AM
Lady eats in the evening only, but she gets a big bowl of Pedigree (four coffee mug scoops) mixed with water and Pedigree Little Champions. She also has a small dish on the upstairs porch that always has water in it if she gets thirsty, and she gets treats on and off during the day. Sally has a water and a food dish in the kitchen, and it is always full of food, so she can just eat when she wants. Floppsy gets fed sometime everyday, I never know when. He also gets a small salad on random days, but gets carrots every day.

dogman2000
09-25-2002, 08:28 AM
i dont think i will get another pet after my current dog / baby :) passes away. it is too much heart ache.

What do u guys think?:

confused:

lv4dogs
09-25-2002, 09:31 AM
My dogs eat twice a day (morning & evening) as it helps them metabolise better.

stacwase
10-06-2002, 01:58 PM
I have an automatic dog feeder and a waterer filled up all the time, and Jake just takes a bite here and there throughout the day. He doesn't like the food enough to overeat, so he just eats when he's hungry. He's not overweight.

I have to switch him to senior dog food soon. :( poor little guy.