PDA

View Full Version : Today's adventure, by Tehya...

Glacier
03-24-2007, 07:54 PM
WOOOO PT
Mom and I went walking today again. We went to get the mail. It's a long walk to the mail place and back, about four miles!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/downtheroad.jpg
At first we walked on the road. We met our neighbor and his dog, Kenny. Kenny doesn't like other dogs too much so I was not allowed to sniff him too much. We saw two other dogs who were running around without their owner. Mom knew their names and told them "ZORRO, COHO, Get your butts home." They didn't follow us anymore and they were in their own yard later so I guess they listened to Mom. I always listen when she uses that tone of voice too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/leashsubdued.jpg
I had to beat my leash up. Nothing but trouble that thing!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/siffing.jpg
I sniffed a whole bunch of new smells!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/mailview.jpg
This is what it looks like where we get our mail. There was nothing for me, but Mom's book order was there so she was happy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/offroad.jpg
On the way home, we went off-road! That's way more fun. Mom doesn't say "Tehya NO", nearly so much when we aren't on the road!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/trailview.jpg
It's harder walking for humans, but it's very pretty!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/sillypuppy.jpg
There was lots of snow for me to jump in. Mom says I was being a doofus in this picture!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/horses.jpg
Then we met these giant creatures! Mom says they are horses and won't hurt me if I don't bug them! I was a little stunned when I first saw them and I just stood there like a statue!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/curiouscrittes.jpg
This one horse was very interested in me. I was curious about him too, but I didn't get too close! I don't need any more dents in my head!

We walked just a bit further and hey, there was my house! Mom says it's dinner time now. I am hungry after all that walking!

Wooos and Wags
Tehya

gemini9961
03-24-2007, 08:04 PM
What a day Tehya......I'm sure you are hungry. I wouldn't bug those horses either, they will leave a big dent in your head and a big dent in Mom's bank account too if you need Dr. Rick's emergency attention. :eek:

cassiesmom
03-24-2007, 08:12 PM
WOOOO Tehya! It looks like you had a fun adventure today! I wish you a yummy supper and a good night's sleep with the rest of your dog-family.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Looks like you had a great time, Teyha! You're such a pretty pup.

Cinder & Smoke
03-24-2007, 08:28 PM
WOOOO PT
We went to get the mail. It's a long walk to the mail place and back,
about four miles! <gasp>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/mailview.jpg

This is what it looks like where we get our mail.
There was nothing for me, but Mom's book order was there so she was happy.

Wooos and Wags
Tehya

FOUR Miles to pick up the junque mail & bills?
Dad won't walk down to the road every day to get that stuff ...
four miles jest wouldnt happen!
Wuz yur Mon onna Bi-Peds or Ridin her 2-wheeler?

Now, about dat place where ya GET da mail ... jest where IS it in that *snappie*?
Sure don't see anything that looks like da Post Office!
Mail Gurl leave yur stuff under a piney tree?

Watch those Horsey Critters ... they get kinda <grumpie> iffin ya get on
THEIR side of da fence!

It *appears* yur Zipper isn't givin ya too much grief & discomfort ...
don't be UN-Zippin nuffin till da White Coat sez it's Tyme.

3-Wagz back At'cha!
;)

Ginger's Mom
03-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Wow, that looks like a very exciting but fun day, Tehya. I love the picture of you in the snow bank, and the picture of you lying in front of the horse. Very cute. :)

Glacier
03-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Wuz yur Mon onna Bi-Peds or Ridin her 2-wheeler?

Now, about dat place where ya GET da mail ... jest where IS it in that *snappie*?
Sure don't see anything that looks like da Post Office!
Mail Gurl leave yur stuff under a piney tree?

It *appears* yur Zipper isn't givin ya too much grief & discomfort ...
don't be UN-Zippin nuffin till da White Coat sez it's Tyme.

;)

Wooo Mr. Phred

Mom was walking. There is too much snow for the two wheeler thing yet!

The mailboxes are in a big row just behind and to the side of where that picture was taken. The mail lady leaves our stuff in a little box. If it something bigger than the box, she leaves it at the gas station down the road and Mom has to drive to pick it up.

I don't have a zipper yet! I was supposed to get one last week, but cuz of that big bonk to my head Dr. Rick wanted to wait. On Thursday he's gunna check my head over again and make sure everything is all better. Then I can get my zipper in my tummy!

Wooo
Tehya

Daisy and Delilah
03-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Tehya, we think Mom has fallen head over heals in love with you and you know what?? She's not alone pretty girl!! What's not to love about you? You sure are living the good life now darlin!! :D

Tamara, it sure looks like alot of snow still on the ground. How cold is it now and are you still getting snowfall? How much more winter to come? Did you say you walk 4 miles for the mail?? :eek: Man! If only I could get in that kind of shape. I find it a chore to walk to the road down the driveway :rolleyes: What a life you guys lead up there! Nothing like I have here in Florida :rolleyes:

Glacier
03-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Tamara, it sure looks like alot of snow still on the ground. How cold is it now and are you still getting snowfall? How much more winter to come? Did you say you walk 4 miles for the mail?? :eek: Man! If only I could get in that kind of shape. I find it a chore to walk to the road down the driveway :rolleyes: What a life you guys lead up there! Nothing like I have here in Florida :rolleyes:

We have a ton of snow on the ground still. There is more predicted over the weekend. I'd say we'll have enough for at least another two, maybe three weeks, on the sled. We'll have snow on the ground until the end of May. I usually can't get my kayak out until the end of May/early June. That's when the ice is off the lakes.

It's getting close to 0C/32F during the day right now. Usually about -2C. Have to run the dogs early in the morning or late in the evening or take lots of breaks. That's a bit too warm for them. It's light til almost 9pm now so lots of daylight to run in. Overnight lows are still about -20C/-4F.

I don't always walk for the mail. When I'm working, I drive by the boxes on my way home so I just stop a couple times a week. I walk more often in the summer. It's a nice tour with one of the dogs who can't be loose. Bandit loves going for the mail. It was good socialization for Tehya today. Lots of activity on the weekends that she wouldn't see normally.

K9soul
03-24-2007, 11:52 PM
She seems to just be bursting with personality. I love each and every one of your pictures, and the story line that goes with them! She is such a unique girl, your little Tehya!

Flatcoatluver
03-25-2007, 12:00 AM
What a sweet little girl you are Tehya! I really enjoy seeing such an angel and how adorable you are! Such a long walk to the mail box, good thing you have border collie in you!

Cinder & Smoke
03-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Wooo Mr. Phred

I don't have a zipper yet! I was supposed to get one last week,
but cuz of that big bonk to my head Dr. Rick wanted to wait.
On Thursday he's gunna check my head over again and make sure everything is all better.
Then I can get my zipper in my tummy!

Wooo
Tehya

OMG! :o
Me Bad!

Got the Yukon B&W mixed up with the Utah B&W dog :o

Don't furget to put in your Purrayer Request, Tehya!
;)

pessimisaurus
03-25-2007, 01:16 AM
yay more of The Wild Adventures of Miss Tehya! keep em coming!

chocolatepuppy
03-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Tehya is so darn cute! The scenery is just beautiful! :)

BCollie_Kelly
03-25-2007, 09:07 AM
What a gorgeous place to go for a walk! I'm so jealous!

Loved all the pictures, Tehya is quite the character! And I love that black horse with the white face & markings... how cool!

Kfamr
03-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Looks like you're fitting in nice there, Tehya!
You sure have a beautiful home.

Kalei
03-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Wow that was quite a walk, no wonder you would want dinner after that. But I"m glad there was something in the mail for your mommy Tehya. And the pictures were gorgeous..there's no snow where I am anymore.

I hope you enjoy your nice warm dinner:D

Toby's my baby
03-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Looks like she had a lot of fun! :) Looks like you both got some good exercise! Thanks for sharing! :D

cyber-sibes
03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Wow, four miles to get the mail! Gosh, Tehya, you know you're a pretty special doggie when you get mom all to yourself for a big walk! Those are really pretty horses. They look reather interested in you, too, Tehya. You just make friends wherever you go, don't you? ;)

Glacier
03-25-2007, 02:48 PM
A tired puppy is a good puppy! We got a movie on PPV last night. Tehya laid on the couch with us for over two hours, never moved except to stretch out! No chewing on my jammies, no trying to mooch popcorn, no bugging the cats, just a tuckered little ball of cuteness! I've never seen her be still for that long when she wasn't in her crate before!

Queen of Poop
03-25-2007, 03:10 PM
All that fresh air tired out Miss Tehya. All around sounds like everyone had a great day.

pitc9
03-26-2007, 09:27 AM
The last picture with her and the B&W horse is so cute!
Maybe they were so interested in one another because they thought they were related because they were the same colors!! :D

ramanth
03-26-2007, 10:38 AM
What a hike! I love the scenery of the off road path. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
03-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Stunning!!!

Lobodeb
03-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm with Phred! That's a long way to go to get junk and bills. But the beautiful scenery would make me forget why I was going. ;)

Tehya, you're just a precious girl. I love seeing all of your mommy's pictures of you and your brothers and sisters.

cassiesmom
03-26-2007, 06:36 PM
So, Tehya, what did you do today? I hope you are a happy puppy -- the photos of your Adventure made me a happy person! Whatever you did I hope it was very fun.

finn's mom
03-26-2007, 07:13 PM
She looks like she is already growing up! She looks longer! I wish my walk to my mail box was that incredible!!

Glacier
03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
So, Tehya, what did you do today?

Wooo, sigh, I did nothing! Mom took the sled dogs for a long run this morning. I am not big enough to go with them yet. I stayed at home in one of the pens. I played with Hobo cuz he couldn't go running either(his paw is a bit hurty). I chewed on a bone and wrecked a tennis ball. Later I played with Anvik for awhile and slept in the woodpile.

Mom was talking about taking me to that lake place again, but then one of my cat brothers got rushed to the vet and that was the end of that! I had a nap in my crate while Mom went to town with the cat and now I am going outside again to find Anvik. I think we are having supper soon too. I get kibble and squishy food. The big dogs are having bison. I am so jealous!

So, yup, I did nothing today!
Tehya