PDA

View Full Version : :eek: MORE FOODS ADDED to RECALL

Freedom
03-24-2007, 03:39 PM
AND they have expanded the recall list, so you need to check the list again for the foods in your cupboards and closets.

Go here:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/

The top listings have NOT been updated. The lower listings, specific for cat and for dog, HAVE BEEN UPDATED AS OF MARCH 23, 2007. Use those links.

They have added a few brands, AND for the brands already on there, they have added more stamp dates.

As an aside:

Radio Talk Show Host Mike Savage is now saying we need to beware of our pastas! Many of the pasta companies buy their wheat gluten from China, and until we know how it got in the pet food, it may also be in the human food!!!!

critter crazy
03-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Thank god none of my pets eat any of this food, I feel so bad for those that do!

catmandu
03-24-2007, 03:53 PM
What A Royal Mess This Is Going To Be Before Its Over.
I Remember Reading A Book The Food Your Pets Die For Which Predicted That This Was Going To Happen.
They Actually Found That Euthanized Shelter Pets And Roadkill Were Going Into Many Pet Foods.
I Hope That The Guilty Are Brought To Justice And Not Covered Up By A Bunch Of Lawyers.

Crayons09
03-24-2007, 03:58 PM
This is horrible! But I was wondering has anyone seen Friskies wet cat food being on the list? Chaucer gets this with his pill twice a day (we mash it in the wet cat food, its the only way he will take his pill). Should we avoid using Friskies until it is over? Chaucer is already at a HIGH risk of kidney failure because hes diabetic and has been diabetic for 6-7 years. I sure hope this will all be figured out soon!

Zippy
03-24-2007, 05:56 PM
This is horriable.I feel so bad for people who's pets got ill or passed on.
I don't feed Zippy and Pumpkin any wet food anymore.I plan on just getting the gravy and putting it over there dry food once in a while.I Thank God that my 2 babies are ok and are happy and healthy.

Freedom
03-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey Crayons09 - Purina's Friskies is OK, not on the current lists.

Here is the Purina web site:
http://www.purina.com/

Says only Mighty Dog pouch is on the list for now. Says all their cat foods are OK.

cassiesmom
03-24-2007, 08:31 PM
This is horrible! But I was wondering has anyone seen Friskies wet cat food being on the list? Chaucer gets this with his pill twice a day (we mash it in the wet cat food, its the only way he will take his pill). Should we avoid using Friskies until it is over? Chaucer is already at a HIGH risk of kidney failure because hes diabetic and has been diabetic for 6-7 years. I sure hope this will all be figured out soon!

Crayons09, I feed Cassie Friskies wet, so I checked Purina's Web site (Friskies is a Purina product). The only affected Purina product is Mighty Dog.

I wonder how this will all be resolved?!