PDA

View Full Version : Cool Treats - Recipes

Logan
07-04-2002, 06:04 AM
This one came from my friend, Carol, who is a Golden lover like me!

It is unbearably hot here in New York, and I thought I would tell you about a treat I make for my Laddie. It is especially good for our four legged souls in this weather. This is a form of Frosty Paws, and it costs very little as compared to the cost in the supermarket or at the kennel.
1 cup of vanilla yogurt
3/4cup of cold water
1 banana
Put the three ingredients into a blender, and then pour into the ice cube tray. Laddie loves it, and it is healthy, too!

Logan
07-04-2002, 06:07 AM
Here's another one that was modified by one of our Golden Retriever members.

Remember that great recipe Carol shared with all of us back at the end of July for a cold treat?!?

This was her recipe:
1 cup plain yogurt
3/4 water
1 banana
Well, I did try it once. The second time I went to make them, I thought, I wonder how these would turn out if I added their favorite item of all...peanut butter.

This is the twist on the recipe I came up with. Hunter and Chloe gobbled them up like nothing I have ever seen before. And you know what?!? I have been sneaking more of their snacks than what I have been giving them! LOL! They are really good!!! If you like peanut butter and banana sandwiches...you'll love these! Next time, I am making popsicles for myself with this recipe. The heck with the dogs LOL!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Recipe:

2 cups low fat French Vanilla yogurt
1 1/4 cups water
2 bananas
3 heaping tablespoons low fat peanut butter

Mix in blender until smooth. Pour into ice cube trays.
(or popsicle molds hehehe)

Ann
07-04-2002, 06:24 AM
Oooo, that sounds like good recipes! I'll go find a measurment converter now so I can see what a cup is in deciliters!

Thanks for sharing :)

So I'm taking it that "Frosty Paws" are some store-bought cold candy for dogs, right?

Logan
07-04-2002, 06:47 AM
Frosty Paws look like ice cream, Ann, and come in a cup, frozen. I think they are supposed to be much healthier for the dog than eating the real thing. I've never tasted it though! :D

Dixieland Dancer
07-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Frosty Paws look like ice cream, Ann, and come in a cup, frozen. I think they are supposed to be much healthier for the dog than eating the real thing. I've never tasted it though! :D

I tasted them! After all the dogs go absolutely crazy for them so I had to give it a try. :rolleyes: Well to be perfectly honest.... it tasted like cold cardboard to me! :eek: :eek: I really don't know why the dogs love them so much. :confused: But they do!!! :D :D