PDA

View Full Version : Getting new "pets"...!

Alysser
03-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I know some people might not count shrimp as pets, but I do. At Brookstone today, when I went to the mall with a friend, I was this "Ecosphere". I thought it was stupid, but when I looked closer, I saw tiny shrimp inside a enclosed glass sphere. The whole thing is a tiny ecosystem. All I have to do it provide the shrimp with light. They feed off of the algea that grows in the light and water, it also includes plants for the shrimp and shelter. The average life span is 2 year, but if well cared for some have lasted for 10! I'm so excited.. :D

This is the only place on the internet where I can brag about getting little red shrimp lol, and be excited.

Below is the link:
http://brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=355727&search_type=search&search_words=ecosystem&prodtemp=t1&cm_re=Result*R1C2*A

I'm unsure of when I'm getting them, but it might be this weekend, or next weekend. My parents already said yes, because they want to get me a gift for comfirmation and because it will be educational for me.

I already thought up names for the shrimp, but I have no clue if I'll be able to tell them apart... :rolleyes: You all probably think I'm crazy to be this excited.

BCollie_Kelly
03-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Wow, thats really cool! Be sure to let us know when you get them! :)

IRescue452
03-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Make sure to keep it warm and in the sun, because as soon as that algae dies, so do the shrimp. Its the only thing supplying oxygen to the critters.

Zippy
03-24-2007, 11:55 AM
That's awesome.I had read an artice in a fish magazine a month or so ago that said shrimp are being more popular has pets.Can't wait for pics.

sweetpatata6
03-24-2007, 12:29 PM
That looks pretty sweet!! get us pics!! A.S.A.P! lol