PDA

View Full Version : NEW JOB!!! kinda lol

king2005
03-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Well my job just got even more secure!

With the type of work I do, you never really know when the company is going to say good-bye... It was already unlikely for Matt & I to loose our jobs, but because we are contract, its always in the back of your mind.

Today Our 2 boss' called us down for a chat. Which is very unusual, esp. for me since neither really talk to me about my job.

I secured a job more by joining the Health & Safety Committee late last year. I requested the spot when the committee was starting up, as I have exp. in this field & enjoy it, + I'm reliable (hardly ever miss work).

Anywhoo back to todays talk. Pedro & Frank told us about Ives leaving the company & how his spot isn't being filled. Instead Matt & I get it!!

Its great on so many levels!!

1. JOB SECURITY!!!!
2. Its the same system, just different. We deal with automated FAQs & the new job is live Emails.
3. This means that we can keep all the info more accurate & upto date & the same. As before Ives work/answers slightly differed from ours, wich doesn't make for happy customers, even though the result is the same.

So this is great for our department... Basically its great for Matt & I, as we are the department lol

I'm praying hard for a raise!!! I could really use it!! I plan to talk to my boss on a friend to friend bases (its not being demanding, its just disscussing the idea of a raise... It makes the whole disscusson go more smooth, as a raise is always a hard topic to talk about & can go south, esp. when someone like me is a contract worker & can be replaced the sameday...)

I'm so excited :D

mike001
03-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Congratulations and I hope you get your raise.

king2005
03-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Thank You :D