PDA

View Full Version : No use crying over lost puzzle pieces :(

Sirrahsim
03-23-2007, 09:15 AM
I bought Tyler the coolest puzzle yesterday at the Dallas World Aquarium. It has a bunch of different colored fish and you have to match up the colors with the colors on the board. Tyler is SO good at it and LOVES his fish puzzle.... Well today after I took out the trash I noticed that one of the pieces is missing. They were all laying on the kitchen floor where he had been playing with them last but the orange fish is missing. I was about to brush it off and assume that it was somewhere in the house when he picked up a toy off of the floor and threw it in the trashcan :( I am seriously on the verge of tears because I think he probably put the orange fish in the trash can which is now in the dumpster down by the street :( I HATE when puzzles are missing pieces :( This one was less than 24 hours old. If I hadn't dumped a bunch of old food into the top of the trashbag I would be out there right now digging in the garbage for it..

I hope it shows up. I'm anal about puzzle pieces anyway but these hormones are making me really upset about the whole thing :( I loved that puzzle :(

Sirrahsim
03-23-2007, 09:22 AM
he just disappeared for a few minutes and reappeared with it in his hand. "Orange fish, Mommy!" :rolleyes:

finn's mom
03-23-2007, 09:32 AM
My friends got a small trashcan and put it under their sink and put child safety latches on the door. Their child was doing the same thing as Tyler but was also seen eating something out of the trashcan. Kids. ;)

Sirrahsim
03-23-2007, 09:34 AM
We have a lid on the trashcan and he KNOWS not to mess with it but I had left the lid off since I was getting ready for the garbage man :rolleyes: Oh well :D

critter crazy
03-23-2007, 09:51 AM
oooo.....I hate missing puzzle pieces!! Johnny loves to do Puzzles as well, And does not seem bothered by any missing pieces! Myself o the otherhand, will throw them away, once one has gone amiss!:rolleyes:

finn's mom
03-23-2007, 10:24 AM
We have a lid on the trashcan and he KNOWS not to mess with it but I had left the lid off since I was getting ready for the garbage man :rolleyes: Oh well :D

Yeah, lids didn't work with their child. ;) At least you got the puzzle piece back! :)

king2005
03-23-2007, 10:31 AM
he just disappeared for a few minutes and reappeared with it in his hand. "Orange fish, Mommy!" :rolleyes:

Thats great news!

I'm very anal about puzzle pieces aswell... I had about 10 hard as heck puzzles glued. I was VERY proud of them, as I was fairly quick at them & it just made sence to me... Well in my lastest move only 1 survived.. the others were broken in bits & pieces everywhere.. I cried inside & tossed them into a pile... a couple weeks ago, I looked at them, died inside as I broke them into smaller pieces & put them into a trash bag. :(

Sirrahsim
03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah, lids didn't work with their child. ;) At least you got the puzzle piece back! :)

It's not so much that the lid is the deterrent as the "If you touch that one more time I will slap your hand" is the deterrent :rolleyes: :D

ChrisH
03-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I find that so sweet. He must have known you were upset.

Missing puzzle pieces, how about when you have a dog as chief suspect. I only know that all the pieces were there when I started but when I came to finish it one was missing.
He'll eat anything.