PDA

View Full Version : Painting of Mega..I mean Meg in progress.

Canis-Lupess
03-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Hello all.

I finally got started on this, lol. I stuck with the blurred out foliage idea in the background. The detail doesn't show very well in the photo at all. I also blocked in basic tones for the lawn. Gah, I have grass blades to do next...phooooo!!!!

Is lighter than this in real life. These tones don't seem to photograph very well.

Mostly in acrylic and dry watercolour pencil so far. I used dry watercolour pencil over the acrylic on the foliage in the background.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg1.jpg

BC_MoM
03-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Beautiful. The foliage looks great! Can't wait to see it when it's completed. :)

BCollie_Kelly
03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Its beautiful so far! Great Job!

Can't wait to see it as you progress! :D

mr.chiwawa
03-21-2007, 09:38 PM
It looks awsome...cant wait to see the finished product

Freedom
03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey, that looks like a wonderful scene for Meg!! Keep up the great work.

Canis-Lupess
03-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm currently working on the grass detail. It's a tedious job and it always photographs really badly so you can never see what it looks like in real life.
Oh well, you can get an idea. I'll finish all the grass before I post another update and perhaps get some base tone on that ball. I'm going to hate doing all the little depressions on that ball. Trust my uncle to ask for that exact ball instead of letting me make it a bit different....like with a smooth surface damnit!!!! :mad:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg2.jpg

Taz_Zoee
03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
That looks great!! The grass does look real!!! You are very good at this. I too can't wait to see the finished product!! :D

pessimisaurus
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
oh wow this is so awesome! I LOVE seeing how this progresses! Ive always been completely in awe of painters, thats an art skill Ive never been even remotely good at. Its so gorgeous already!!! Id love to see more photos as you complete each step!

Canis-Lupess
04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys.

Well, after a busy week and some slacking due to tiredness, I finally got some more done. The grass is done...I think....and I started on the ball. Just base colour right now. I'm dreading those depression things it's got all over it. :(

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg3.jpg

finn's mom
04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
It looks wonderful so far! :)

Canis-Lupess
04-02-2007, 07:45 AM
I'll have started on Mega..I mean Meg, when I post the next update. The ball on it's own is too small an update really....despite all those horrid depression thingies on it. :(

Sevaede
04-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Oh, hush! :D It looks FANTASTIC already, and it's not even finished! :D:D

Daisy and Delilah
04-02-2007, 08:37 AM
What a talent you have!! Great job. Can't wait to see the finished project. :D

mike001
04-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Picture is looking great. I love painting too, nice to see someone else's work in progress.

Canis-Lupess
04-06-2007, 05:39 PM
I did the ball and started on Mega.

The ball looks crap but I can't be arsed with all those dratted depression thingies so it is going to have to do. I might fiddle with it again later on.

Mega's eyes look a little different to each other now, partly because the black areas on their inner corners look a bit different in the photo anyway but I'll sort them out a bit when I start painting round them.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg4.jpg

BCollie_Kelly
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow, that looks amazing! Great job, keep up the good work!

dukedogsmom
04-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow! That is amazing. The grass looks so real. And the face on the dog does too. Wish I had some of that talent. The ball doesn't look like crap, either. I think it looks like a photograph. Do you paint often? If so, what are your rates?

Taz_Zoee
04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I agree with dukedogsmom, I was thinking it looks like a photo too. I think the ball looks great!!! You do have talent, don't be so hard on yourself. My sister is a good artist and she is always her worst critic. She doesn't like any of her drawings, but they are good. Just like this painting. It's amazing!!!! (of course I can't even draw a good stick figure....obviously my sister got the artistic ability in the family) :p

Freedom
04-06-2007, 08:21 PM
This is fun, seeing it develop step by step! Thanks so much for sharingyour prgoress with us!

You are incredibly talented!

Kfamr
04-06-2007, 09:07 PM
That is amazing already and it's not even done yet! You do brilliant work.

Can't wait to see it finished, it's exciting to see it in progress.

Canis-Lupess
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks everyone.

Managed to get an update on Megas head. Still more work to do even on the areas I have already worked on.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg5.jpg

Catty1
04-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Looks wonderful!

Did you have to use a wide-angle canvas? (ducks to avoid spitballs) :p

Canis-Lupess
04-10-2007, 07:10 PM
LOL, it's on Fabriano hotpress watercolour paper but the poor paper will probably have a heart attack after a few years of bearing this image.... :D

BCollie_Kelly
04-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Simply Amazing. :D

Suki Wingy
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
that's wonderful! :D I don't have the patience to make one blade of grass. :rolleyes:

pessimisaurus
04-11-2007, 02:38 PM
wowza!! love it! it is sooo cool to see the progress! it looks AMAZING, perfection

Canis-Lupess
04-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Finally an update from me.

Head just about done and collar and starting work on the chest now.

My sister and I bumped into our cousin the other day on the way to our martial arts training and he told us how he'd started taking Meg out for a walk each day and that she seemed to be getting a bit better. He said the first day he thought she was going to die, lol.
He also said how my uncle Ray keeps telling my Aunt Margaret off when he sees her giving Meg needless dishes of meat and it upsets her. He says she's getting better and has cut it down to one dish of meat a day and that he keeps perstering her as well. Hopefully, they'll keep at it.
Also, the little mole thing on her muzzle has dropped off, lol. I painted it in now, haha. Oh well, it's staying. It was part of her when I took the photos so sod it!!!
I'm hoping to see her slightly slimmer next time I go down. My cousin says she's still an annoying screamer though. I HATE that...Thats another story..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg6.jpg

pessimisaurus
04-22-2007, 10:25 AM
looking good! and that is awesome news about Meg, I sure hope she starts losing weight!! though I imagine she will since it sounds like even just those 2 very basic changes of minimal table scraps/treats and ONE WALK a day (thats not even enough to meet most dogs needs lol) are something she never had before.

Canis-Lupess
04-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Well, she does get walked about three times each day but it's only a pathetic little stroll around the block on lead which isn't exactly going to burn many calories off.
I think she gets a longer walk occasionally when they decide to take one on a nice day or something.

My cousin is taking her for a longer walk to try and get her exercising a bit more.

CountryWolf07
04-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm impressed... I've been following along your progress with the painting.. I can't wait to see the finished artwork!

Canis-Lupess
04-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for commenting... :)

I managed another update. I tend to go through spurts where I get loads done in a short space of time and then go through a period where I hardly have chance to work on it at all or don't feel like it because I'm tired etc...
The chest isn't done yet, especially near the bottom and the screen right foreleg still needs work also.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg7.jpg

Taz_Zoee
04-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Wow! This is amazing. You make the fur look sooo real. I want to reach out and feel it.

Freedom
04-24-2007, 07:05 AM
I was thinking the same. I want to reach down and give her a kiss. What a life like painting!

finn's mom
04-24-2007, 08:44 AM
That's beautiful.

Canis-Lupess
05-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys.

Well, after a bout of gastroenteritis, I am now recovered and back to painting.
It's slow going when painting white hair but it's slowly taking shape....if Mega has any shape, lol. :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg8.jpg

BCollie_Kelly
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Very Nice!

Alysser
05-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Looks very nice!

So much detail, and I love the green you used for the background. I just started painting and I enjoy myself.

Kfamr
05-04-2007, 08:30 AM
I love it!

When I save up some money I may just have to contact you.

Whisk_Luva
05-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey how is it doing latly?

Reachoutrescue
05-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I think you are doing a great job. It looks wonderful!

Kalei
05-07-2007, 12:09 PM
wow, I'm an artist myself and can't believe how amazing your painting looks! It's gorgeous and looks so real. You must use a special type of paint and a fine tipped brush or something cause its down right amazing!

Canis-Lupess
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I use mixed media. Acrylic being one of the main mediums together with watercolour pencil, coloured pencil, black drawing pen and some graphite in places.
I do use fine brushes, yes. :)

Catty1
05-07-2007, 03:51 PM
How is Meg's exercise and food program coming along?

I bet she is feeling a lot better!

Think of this as her "before" picture! :D

Canis-Lupess
05-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I haven't heard but I'll be sure to let you all know when I find something out. I'll find stuff out no doubt once I get this finished because I'll have to phone them up. I'm not sure if they want me to get it framed or not so I'll need to check.

Canis-Lupess
05-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Still no news for you on Mega herself but here is an update on the painting...finally... :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/meg9.jpg

Freedom
05-17-2007, 05:40 PM
It is so life-like!

And, as Opus said earlier this week in the cartoons, "eggplant IS a shape!"

Vermontcat
05-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I have been following this thread and I love seeing the work in progress get closer to completion.
You are a very talented artist, your attention to detail in your painting makes it look like a photograph.
It looks like you are getting close to finishing this painting, have you already decided what your next painting will be?

Canis-Lupess
05-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Hello and thanks.

I'm not sure yet what my next painting will be but I don't think it will be a dog. I have somebody wanting me to paint a couple of Arab mares of hers but I have to go and get photos of them first. Her older sister also wants a horse of hers doing too. If I don't get that arranged for when I finish this, I'll start on a personal portfolio piece and somebody I know gave me a photo of a golden eagle they took so I might try my hand at a bird for once.

It's mainly just Mega's back end I have to finish off now and then I'll paint in some grass over the bottoms of her legs/feet. No point doing that until the legs and what shows of the feet are finished themselves.

LuckyNumber7
05-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Wow - your painting is amazing.

I really enjoy watching it progress to where it is now.

Awesome job!

Taz_Zoee
05-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Look great!! I wish I had even an ounce of your talent!! :D

epetwork
05-18-2007, 10:38 AM
It was fun to see the progression of your work. That's 1,000,000 times better than anything I can do! Looks great, good job!

Lori Jordan
05-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Looks great so far,I can't wait to see the finished project.

Husky_mom
05-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I was following this thread but wasn´t able to see any pics......all red x´s..... until now....... and let me tell you WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!........

AMAZING!!!!...... are you part camera?.......;)..... very life like.......*claps*

this has been asked, but I saw no reply on this and I wondered it too..... what are your rates??......very appealing.....and also would you ship?? to mexico??

king2005
05-18-2007, 01:40 PM
wow awesome job!

Canis-Lupess
05-26-2007, 06:28 PM
LOL, whats mexico like for importing stuff? Do they charge import duties? I know Canada does but the U.S doesn't. I've sent paintings to both of those.

Anyway, I finally got this finished. I'll phone my aunt and uncle tomorrow after work. Most likely they'll want me to get this framed for them before I take it down. I hope I can come back with news that Meg has shed some weight but I won't be holding my breath and neither should you guys. :(

Next time I have to paint a dog, I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks for watching everyone.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Canislupess/Megtext.jpg

Alysser
05-27-2007, 09:28 AM
That is adorable!!! The dog looks so real. :)

finn's mom
05-27-2007, 09:51 AM
The final product is wonderful, thanks for sharing!