PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me complain LOL

sparks19
03-21-2007, 06:20 PM
But WHY do people want to be pregnant? LOL. I am finally over the morning sickness Thank God.

Now I have this excruciating pain coursing down my hip and into my leg. when I am not moving it is ok.... but as soon as I move it's like someone is sticking a knife in my hip.

The Dr says there is really nothing he can do for me. He said it is likely that a nerve is being pinched due to the pregnancy. and that is COULD possibly last the whole time. AHHHHHH I can't take it anymore.

It gets worse the more I am on my feet. I try to stay off my feet as much as possible but my job requires that I am on my feet some of the time. Every step I take it stabs.

I just thank god that I am not an elephant and have a gestation period of two years LOL. but I have 6 months to go (at least) and I am already going insane.

AHHHHH make it stop.

Husky_mom
03-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I really feel bad for you honey......... thankfully I had no sickness or pains......... other than those at the very end ;)........LOL

hopefully this stabbing pain doesnīt last long......... come on baby!! move a bit and donīt pinch mommy!!....... ;)

hang in there....... just six more to go.......

wait till you are almost due and you feel the baby stretching AAAAALLLL the way.........:)

lizbud
03-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Lay down on your back & elevate you legs & feet for awhile. Should help
if you give it time. (1/2 hr.)

sparks19
03-21-2007, 06:45 PM
LOL Husky Mom. Thank you. hahaha I had a hilarious conversation at work today with a customer about labor lol. she was a riot. She says "the epidural was a God send but don't let anyone fool you... you can still FEEL the labor" LOL I was just like "well I don't know if I feel better about it or worse" LOL

Do you guys think a heat pad on my butt would help LOL. I have these heat things that you put in the micro wave... or should I avoid that.

And I dont know what it is right now but my heart feels like it is about to beat out of my chest lol. I don't think it is palpatations but it feels wierd lol. is that normal. it better be cause I am home alone :p

How much elevation should I have? a Pillow? two pillows? or more.

I mean... it must be my uterus pinching the nerve LOL I don't understand how a two inch baby could be causing that much of a pinch... I don't even wanna think about it getting bigger.... I was born at 10 lbs. lol

lizbud
03-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Well, as you said in another thread, life is not suposed to be easy. :p

Lay on the floor & rest you legs on the bed.

sparks19
03-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, as you said in another thread, life is not suposed to be easy. :p

Lay on the floor & rest you legs on the bed.

Pregnancy proves that :D

but I just think... it is easier than being an elephant.. that is my saving grace. Two years and a baby that weighs hundreds of pounds. imagine that.

what about heat? Is that OK or is that against one of the pregnancy rules I got pamphlet about?

But trust me you... this has given me a higher respect for my sister in law.... she is on her 4th pregnancy. That amazes me lol

cyber-sibes
03-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Get in touch with some local midwives & see if someone offers yoga for expectant moms -- some teachers do. You could learn some gentle stretching exercises that may help shift your internal organs around a bit & give you some relief. My friend who teaches yoga had several special classes for people with different physical stuff going on. She teaches Iyengar style, where the emphasis is on supported poses, correct alighment & creating more internal space. I did Tai Chi during my first pregnancy & it really helped.

sparks19
03-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Get in touch with some local midwives & see if someone offers yoga for expectant moms -- some teachers do. You could learn some gentle stretching exercises that may help shift your internal organs around a bit & give you some relief. My friend who teaches yoga had several special classes for people with different physical stuff going on. She teaches Iyengar style, where the emphasis is on supported poses, correct alighment & creating more internal space. I did Tai Chi during my first pregnancy & it really helped.

I think I read somewhere about a Yoga class around here. The Dr's office gave me a pamphlet with a list of classes they provide but i doubt Yoga is one of them through the hospital.

Would I just look under midwives or OBGYN? LOL I am totally lost when it comes to this stuff. But I have heard good things about prenatal yoga and am willing to try anything at this point.

cyber-sibes
03-21-2007, 07:23 PM
I got in touch with my midwife through friends at a natural health food store- several of them had used her. You might try asking at places like that. There is probably something on the internet, too.

Catty1
03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Also, I had a friend who was pregnant with her first child and attended the same chiropractor I did. Get referrals from other people of course - maybe a midwife can help.

I think you look them up under "midwives". Or call the Y or a family planning centre.

I hope you are better soon!!!

sparks19
03-21-2007, 07:47 PM
I can't believe I didn't think of a Chiropractor. I used to see one ALL the time...

I will definately contact someone about the prenatal yoga classes. They will be good for me anyway and I heard they can really help towards the labour.

sirrahved
03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Be very thankful you can get pregnant. I would do anything to have a child, but can't. Being pregnant may not be the best, but just think about the end result! I would trade shoes with you in a heartbeat.

Marigold2
03-21-2007, 08:35 PM
LOL oh Sparky the best is yet to come. Can't wait for your funny comments concerning delivery. After that you will have a babe in your arms for the next two years, sleepless nights, being spit on, pooped on. Having to carry 15 lb bags with diapers, bottles, wipes, nukey, two changes of cloths, toys. Never being able to go anywhere alone. This is the easy part. After this your life will never be as easy again. I know I had three and I enjoyed every painful, sleepless, heartbreaking moment.

sparks19
03-21-2007, 08:41 PM
LOL oh Sparky the best is yet to come. Can't wait for your funny comments concerning delivery. After that you will have a babe in your arms for the next two years, sleepless nights, being spit on, pooped on. Having to carry 15 lb bags with diapers, bottles, wipes, nukey, two changes of cloths, toys. Never being able to go anywhere alone. This is the easy part. After this your life will never be as easy again. I know I had three and I enjoyed every painful, sleepless, heartbreaking moment.

LOL you are giving me so much to look forward to :D No seriously I am really excited and happy about this. But I didn't expect all these quirky little aches and pains. My favourite thing to say is "I can't wait to get the baby belly where people KNOW you are pregnant and dont just think you are getting fat." LOL

But I am scared which I think is normal. our friends just had their first baby in November and she said for the first two months she just cried everyday because she had no idea what she was supposed to do... when to change... when to feed... when to sleep. But I figure If I expect the worst... it won't be as bad as I anticipate... RIGHT?! :D

Marigold2
03-21-2007, 08:46 PM
What about the two grandmas. Will they be around to help. Maybe stay with you the first week.

Daisy and Delilah
03-21-2007, 08:52 PM
sparks; Sorry you're having this pain. It sounds like sciatica. It's very painful and usually has to run it's course(sorry to say). Try the suggestions already given. A heating pad might help but don't turn it up too high and accidentally burn yourself-it happens quicker than you think. I've known people that have used medicated rubs on the area too for some comfort. Things like Icy Hot, Mineral Ice, Ben-Gay, etc. You might want to do some internet research on remedies for this. Of course, I'm not a doctor, but that's what it sounds like.

Most of all, take it easy as much as possible. Believe me, this is the easy part. You'll look back on your pregnant days with a smile on your face, in years to come :)

Best of luck in getting some rapid comfort! :)

sparks19
03-21-2007, 09:05 PM
What about the two grandmas. Will they be around to help. Maybe stay with you the first week.

for the first week yes... but after that they will be back home which is 9 hours away for one and 14 hours away for the other lol

sparks19
03-21-2007, 09:10 PM
sparks; Sorry you're having this pain. It sounds like sciatica. It's very painful and usually has to run it's course(sorry to say). Try the suggestions already given. A heating pad might help but don't turn it up too high and accidentally burn yourself-it happens quicker than you think. I've known people that have used medicated rubs on the area too for some comfort. Things like Icy Hot, Mineral Ice, Ben-Gay, etc. You might want to do some internet research on remedies for this. Of course, I'm not a doctor, but that's what it sounds like.

Most of all, take it easy as much as possible. Believe me, this is the easy part. You'll look back on your pregnant days with a smile on your face, in years to come :)

Best of luck in getting some rapid comfort! :)

I figure this is just preparing me for the pain my children will cause the rest of my life :D That is what my mom tells me anyway LOL

I don't actually have a heating pad it's a rice thingy that heats up in the microwave. I use it for everything LOL but i wasn't sure if it would help or aggravate it. I will definately try it.

Hey I have some of those icy hot patches... I wasn't sure if I was allowed to use those or not but it doesn't say I can't in my stack of rules hehehe.

Don't get me wrong... i really do love being pregnant... it's a wonderful feeling. But I'm waiting for the "magic" part to start :D hehe

I was thinking Sciatic too. The Dr said it's hard to say for sure right now because it's so early it might just be hormones causing it... although I don't really understand that lol. My sister in law is pregnant with their 4th right now and she is due in June.... she is at the point where when the baby is sitting on that nerve she just gently pushes on her belly until the baby shifts over.

Daisy and Delilah
03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Those microwave things are great and probably safer than a heating pad anyway. It should be pretty safe for you but you may want to check with your doctor to be sure. Those Icy Hot patches might have a warning on the label to warn against the use during pregnancy.

When I was pregnant(both times), I had leg cramps/restless legs. It was maddening. It kept me awake. I think your Mom is right....all this is just an exercise in preparedness for the upcoming event ;) ;) ;)

sparks19
03-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Those microwave things are great and probably safer than a heating pad anyway. It should be pretty safe for you but you may want to check with your doctor to be sure. Those Icy Hot patches might have a warning on the label to warn against the use during pregnancy.

When I was pregnant(both times), I had leg cramps/restless legs. It was maddening. It kept me awake. I think your Mom is right....all this is just an exercise in preparedness for the upcoming event ;) ;) ;)

Well I do have that mother's curse..... "I hope you have a child JUST LIKE YOU" :eek: I know what I was like LOL that's not good hahahaha. But I see My brothers two kids and my step sisters kids and they are hellions... my mom insists I was never like that.... I always called if I was going to be late... I was trusted to be home alone for long periods of time without worry I would destroy the house or throw a party I didn't have permission for... etc etc. I didn't run away from home. i just cost her a lot of money in my time. LOL I guess that is SOME consolation lol.

I haven't had the leg cramps yet but I am being warned it might happen. I figure this nerve thing keeps me up so might as well add leg cramps into the mix. hehehe

It is kind of fun though because there are a lot of people around me that either just had kids... or are pregnant and farther along than I am. it really helps to talk to them... and some of our friends just got pregnant and are 2 months behind me... so it's nice to be able to give them "advice" too... makes me feel special hahahaha

Daisy and Delilah
03-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I truly believe that you sound like you're on top of the world. It's a great feeling and nothing else can compare to it. I used to enjoy being pregnant so much. Have fun and I hope the pain leaves quickly :)

JenBKR
03-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm just starting morning sickness.....crampy, pulling stomach....so tired all the time all I want to do is sleep.....and I wouldn't change a second of it, not for anything in the world :D I think it's the only time in my life I have been happy to feel like I've been run over by a truck. :D

mike001
03-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Sparks--This does sound a bit like sciatica but it could be a pinched nerve also. Would your doc allow you to see an accupuncturist? They are supposed to be a godsend for so many people. Personally have never tried one but friends that do see one swear by them.
You actually sound pretty funny with this pregnancy, stop worrying and relax. I have a feeling your heart palpitations are anxiety attacks brought on by some stress. Relax and pamper yourself, this is the time for it. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

lvpets2002
03-22-2007, 09:26 AM
:) Well now see that is where I cheated.. I adopted all my four legged furr purr babies & their moms did the giving birth with the pains & all.. :p Hey girl hang in there.. The final resuslts will make you forget all the uncomfortness & pain.. ;)

Pam
03-22-2007, 09:40 AM
And I dont know what it is right now but my heart feels like it is about to beat out of my chest lol. I don't think it is palpatations but it feels wierd lol. is that normal. it better be cause I am home alone :p

This is totally normal! :) My daughter experienced the same thing and was concerned enough to ask her doctor because at times it seemed like her heart was racing. He told her it was because her body was busy making increased blood vessels, for her and her unborn baby. The heart has to work harder because it has to send blood to many new places now. :) They told her to only be concerned if her pulse was around 130 :eek: :eek:

Enjoy your pregnancy. The worst is yet to come. LOL! I remember when I was 8 months pregnant I would get such shooting pains down my legs that I would have to sit down immediately to make it stop. This happened one day in the grocery store and I sat on the bottom shelf of a Pepsi display. :D After that experience my husband did the grocery shopping until after the baby was born. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
03-22-2007, 09:54 AM
I had the same thing up until a couple weeks ago. It was a pinched nerve. The baby started to drop just slightly a couple weeks ago and is now off the nerve. I know how horrible the pain is- I was afraid to walk.

Don't get me wrong... i really do love being pregnant... it's a wonderful feeling. But I'm waiting for the "magic" part to start :D hehe It will come. It didn't feel real to me until I was told I was having a boy. Even when I was having the ultrasound and I could see the baby on the TV it didn't feel like it was my baby I was watching. As soon as we were told that we're having a boy I got tears in my eyes because for the first time it felt real, my husband felt the same way. People loved to tell us that there are only so many true surprises in a lifetime and we would be ruining this one if we found out the sex of our baby before I gave birth. Let me tell you that is total malarky. It was a huge and wonderful surprise to find out that we're having a boy and the day he's born will still be filled with so much excitement. I think knowing that we having a baby boy has made the pregnancy all the more special for both my husband and me. (I don't know if you've decided to find out the sex of your baby or not and I'm not trying to persuade you. I just wanted to share the moment when the magic started for me.)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
A little tale for you....

I got chatting to an old lady on the bus just before I had Katie and happened to say how glad I would be to get all the discomfort of pregnancy over and done with and she looked at me and said..........."what you are feeling now is nothing compared to the pain of those who can never have the experience of carrying a child"

Certainly put things into perspective for me :eek:

sparks19
03-22-2007, 10:50 AM
LOL well as of right now I don't want to find out the sex.... but my mom has her doubts. she says "I know how you are at Christmas and snooping at your presents.... I doubt you will be able to wait to find out" LOL :D She's probably right LOL... so ask me again in a few months lol.

I find the pain gets worse the more I am on my feet. I moved a chair behind the counter at work so I can sit while I ring up customers and I am really trying to stay off it as much as I can for now. It still hurts but it is better if I stay sitting. LOL My friend is 5 months pregnant and she has a pain in her right side and she says "It could be the weight gain too. how much weight have you gained" LOL I kinda laughed and said "UM.... minus 12 pounds. I haven't gained anything yet... I have been losing weight. but the Dr's aren't concerned" she said she has gained 15 pounds so far.... I am expecting the weight gain to start anytime now.

Yeah the sudden heart beating wasn't so much like a panic attack or stress induced or anything... I was just sitting here and it just started beating hard lol it felt so weird. but that makes sense that it would just be the extra work my heart has to do to get all the blood going.

AWWW Jen... I really feel for you. The morning sickness sucks. I remember waking up and dreading what was going to come next lol. Everyone kept saying "it will pass don't worry" It was hard to believe it was ever going to end and 3 months sounded like a LONG time... but it did end and looking back now it didn't seem like that long. I still have my mornings where I gotta be sick once... but I don't feel crappy all day long. BUT morning sickness is apparently a good sign that the baby is thriving so I have heard. So it is a blessing in it's own little way. Good luck (((HUGS)))

Pawsitive Thinking
03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
It'll be worth it when you hold your baby for the first time

sparks19
03-22-2007, 11:31 AM
It'll be worth it when you hold your baby for the first time

I have no doubt of that.

It seems so far away from that point but ask me again in a few months and I'm sure I will be freaking because everything isn't ready yet lol.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I have no doubt of that.

It seems so far away from that point but ask me again in a few months and I'm sure I will be freaking because everything isn't ready yet lol.

Take it from me - you will never be ready :D

sparks19
03-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Take it from me - you will never be ready :D

LOL I have come to that conclusion that no one is ever REALLY ready :D How can you truly prepare for something like that haha.