PDA

View Full Version : Hyperextended elbow

Lobodeb
03-21-2007, 12:25 PM
I think I did a jobber on myself.

Last night, I dropped a jar of baby food on the floor. (Boy, stuff breaks pretty easily on ceramic tile!) So, I'm on my hands and knees trying to clean it up, fend of hungry dogs, etc. when my napkin slips sending the bottom of my right arm to the right and the rest of my arm chose not to follow. :rolleyes: The pain hit me immediately. I rubbed it with Icy Hot and wrapped it last night, after I started feeling shooting pains down my forearm and into my wrist (which is already plagued with tendinitis). I also wrapped my wrist.

Well, this morning, the inside of my elbow has a huge hard section across it. How can I explain? You know when you put your arms out in front of you with your palms up? Well, right before the bend, where they normally take blood is all hard and swollen! My fingers are too.

Normally, I have a very high tolerance for pain, but I made an appointment to go see the doctor as I'm very uncomfortable. Even after I had the c-section, I never took the pain meds the prescribed me!

Has anyone else ever had a hyperextended elbow? Is it possible I just sprained it?

Ok, I better stop typing now. It hurts.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Daisy and Delilah
03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
YIKES!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm in pain just reading it. I don't have any advice but I wish you luck with it. OUCH-I know that hurts :(

Ginger's Mom
03-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Ouch! Hope the doctor can fix it up quickly and relatively painlessly.

beeniesmom
03-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Ouchi!!!!
Hope you feel better Debbie.
Put ice on it.

Lobodeb
03-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I went to the doctor, got x-rays, etc. It's just spained. If it doesn't clear up in a few weeks, I'll need to go back, but for now, there's not much I can do for it.

I think I'm going to buy a neoprene sleeve just to keep it warm though. I have my window open at work and the cold air hitting it is making it hurt.

Karen
03-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Ouch! Ah, the pains of parenthood - bet this wasn't in any of the "what to expect when you're expecting" books ...