PDA

View Full Version : Fudge

Queen of Poop
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Does anyone have an awesome fudge recipe? I just tried the tried and true family recipe and failed miserably. I never fail at anything in the kitchen. Perhaps this time because I used sweetened condensed milk rather than evaporated, but my evap milk was yucky so I went with what I had.

Lobodeb
03-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I've used this recipe (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_22063,00.html?rsrc=search) for the last few years and have received rave reviews. People would never guess there's cheese in it. It is very decadent and you can probably cut the butter down a little, but either way, it's still VERY good.

Let us know how it turns out.

Daisy and Delilah
03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
This is the one I always use. The recipe is also on the back of the marshmallow creme jar. I think it's the easiest and it always comes out good :)

Kraft Fantasy Fudge
3 cups sugar

3/4 cup margarine

1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk

1 pkg. (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate pieces

1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme

1 cup chopped nuts

1 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2 to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234° F., stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.

Stir in chocolate pieces until melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Pour into a greased 13-by-9-inch pan.

Cool at room temperature. Cut into squares.

Makes 3 pounds.

After seeing the one lobodeb posted......I say anything Paula Deen makes has to be to die for ;)

Glacier
03-21-2007, 12:33 AM
This is a recipe my Aunt gave to me--after much pleading and whining!

1/4 cup of milk
1 package(six serving six) of cooked pudding, Vanilla
1 package (six serving six) of cooked pudding, Chocolate or Butterscotch
(Use half of each flavor Or double all ingredients and use the whole box)
3 Tablespoons of butter
2 1/4 cups of icing sugar
optional chopped nuts

Line a loaf pan with wax paper.

Blend the milk into pudding
Mix in a medium sized microwaveable bowl.
Add Butter

Cook uncovered on high in microwave for 1 minute
Stir well
Cook on high for another minute or until mixture starts to foam

Add icing sugar and nuts.
Pour into loaf pan

Chill for 45 minutes. Enjoy!

elizabethann
03-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey, great question! Thanks for the recipes! My sister, niece & I are making fudge for Xmas this year. I may use one or two or all of these!

Thanks!

Taz_Zoee
03-21-2007, 09:25 AM
My mom makes the Fantasy Fudge Daisy and Delilah suggested and it is YUMMY!!! :D
I don't make fudge, just brownies! hee hee

BitsyNaceyDog
03-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I make this white chocolate fudge every Christmas

2 cups- Sugar
3/4 cup- Sour Cream
1/2 cup- butter
12 oz.- white chocolate morsels
1 (7 oz.) jar- Marshmallow Creme
3/4 cup- chopped walnuts

Combine sugar, sour cream, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 7 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in white chocolate until melted. Add marshmallow creme and walnuts, beat until blended.

Pour into a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan. Cool at room temperature.