PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your banana?

BitsyNaceyDog
03-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I love bananas, they're my favorite fruit- heck, they're one of my favorite foods all together. I prefer them when they're yellow with still a bit of green on them. I'll eat them when they're a little freckled though. I don't like them when they are too brown- they rarely, if ever make it to that point in this house though.

IRescue452
03-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Freckled thank you. or in a bread, muffin, or bowl of ice cream.

Kfamr
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I like them right before they're about to freckle. If any freckles form, they then belong to the dogs. :p Today they got one that was freckled with their chicken. :)

kimlovescats
03-20-2007, 07:08 PM
I voted yellow with a tad of green. I like them FIRM! If they get the least bit freckled, they start getting mushy spots ... YUCK! :D

M&M's Mommy
03-20-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't really like banana...except when served with ice-cream in a banana-split delight :)

cassiesmom
03-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I can't leave this one alone. How do I like a banana?

-In a daiquiri;
-In banana cream pie;
-As part of banana pudding;
-Under ice cream;
-In banana bread;
-Cut in big hunks, frozen, and then dipped in chocolate fondue!

Seriously, though. I don't like mushy bananas. That's when it's time to make banana bread! I buy them pretty green, so I can eat them when they're yellow.

jenluckenbach
03-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I like bananas to be RIPE!! absolutely NO green (or I get a tummy ache :( )

But all brown is TOO mushy.

So I voted lots of freckles. :)

slick
03-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Before I will even touch said banana, it needs to be firm.....just barely ripe with a little green on the outside. It also must be very cold.....right out of the fridge.

My favourite way to eat a banana is in a PB and B sammy. The slices must thick and only one layer please. PB must be spread on both slices of bread...and leave out the butter. No crunchy PB for me....I like it smoooooooth!

Pam
03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
I like bananas to be RIPE!! absolutely NO green

Me too Jen! :) I voted a few freckles but I would still eat one with a lot of freckles. To me when they still have green on them they are tasteless.

Glacier
03-20-2007, 07:51 PM
very, very green. As soon as they are all yellow, I won't touch them. At that point they are only good for baking.

cmayer31
03-20-2007, 08:05 PM
I voted yellow with a little green. I don't like them mushy at all and once they start to freckle they get used for blending of drinks and shakes. :D

slleipnir
03-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Yum, I love bananas! I just ate one actually. I like them yellow with a few freckles. :)

dogzr#1
03-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I like bananas to be yellow with a few freckles, but I will eat one with lots of freckles. I don't like them green, too hard for me.

Toby's my baby
03-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Yellow with a little green!

I love bananas, they are my favorite fruit, I had one today for breakfast, and also had one with some peanut butter when I got home today! ... off to go have another thanks to this wonderful thread that now has me craving them! ;)

Karen
03-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Back before I was allergic to bananas, I preferred them yellow, with not too many freckles. All yellow, before freckles form is perfect, but once too many freckles appear, it was banana bread time! ;)

CathyBogart
03-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Yellow with a hint of green. ANY mushy bits and I gag on them. Go figure.

angelbow20
03-20-2007, 09:24 PM
I love them yellow with alittle green. Once they start getting freckles I will make a frozen fruit smoothie out of it!!! yummmm

Daisy and Delilah
03-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Yellow with a few freckles.

My favorite ways to eat bananas are; with peanut butter(as a snack), on ice cream, in cereal, and my favorite, banana and mayonaisse sandwiches.

I love bananas!! :)

columbine
03-20-2007, 09:51 PM
We used to give the totally brown ones to my brother, and he made the most exquisite banana bread out of them!

jazzcat
03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
This is so funny. Richard and I have become banana freaks lately and we are constantly buying them in different states of ripeness so we are both happy. I like yellow with a little green/a few freckles at most. Richard likes them good and ripe - what I call 'dead ripe'. I can't eat them that ripe or I will gag and barf. I think it is because my mom used to slip my medicine into bananas when I was little and I associate the really ripe taste to medicine and being sick. She ruined banana popcicles for me too.

Vette
03-21-2007, 04:37 AM
I dont like bananas

Freedom
03-21-2007, 07:07 AM
With peanut butter!

That is how I like bananas. A peanut butter and sliced banana sandwich is heaven!

pitc9
03-21-2007, 07:55 AM
I JUST finished mine! So I reached in the garbage and cheked out the skin.
Actually... today's banana was a little more flecked than I normaly like them, but I knew I had to have something for breakfast!!

I voted yellow with a little flecks of brown.

I'm going to be singing the Singing the Chiquita Banana song all day now!!

I'm Chiquita banana and I've come to say - Bananas have to ripen in a certain way- When they are fleck'd with brown and have a golden hue - Bananas taste the best and are best for you - You can put them in a salad - You can put them in a pie-aye - Any way you want to eat them - It's impossible to beat them - But, bananas like the climate of the very, very tropical equator - So you should never put bananas in the refrigerator."

ramanth
03-21-2007, 09:55 AM
I prefer yellow with a few freckles and a little firmness. However, I will eat one with a lot of freckles (like the one in my lunch) or if it's a little green. :)

Marigold2
03-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I like mine peeled.

lvpets2002
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
:) You know I just love bananas but dont ever buy them.. But now here is a picture of the bananas I would like.. Note the pretty babies with them..

Randi
03-21-2007, 11:20 AM
I love bananas, but they must be all yellow, or yellow with a hint of green.

We had the most delicious banana drink at the hotel in Dominican Republic in the mornings, just wish I had that recipe! Even John liked it, and he hated bananas.

Miss Z
03-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I can't stand green bananas, I never eat them if they're too hard. Mostly I like them yellow with a few freckles but I can stand them a little mushier. If the banana happens to be nearly all brown, then it goes in Tia's bowl! ;)

lvpets2002
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
:) Oh when the banana turns brown is when they are ready for Banana Bread Baking.. MMmm

Cinder & Smoke
03-22-2007, 01:17 AM
How about a Banana for desert?

"Don't mind if I do, thanks" said Cinder.

We were just finishing up din-din ...
Cinder was still in the kitchen, licking her bowl and moving over to the water ...
"<sippity> - <sip> - <slippity> - <slurp>"

Smokey finished polishing his bowl in the living room and dashed into the puter room
to assist Bowz with his grub ...

Bowser was intently <snappin> at Steak-inna-Kan Loaf quarters and my fingers -
averaging about 50-50 between the Steak and my finger tips :eek:

SmokeMutt helped Bowz <polish> his plate when we heard the ...
<*THUMP*> from the kitchen. :confused:

What the ... ??
I looked over the half wall - expecting to see da KAT pushing something off one
of the kitchen counters. No Kat in sight. (Kuz he's <sleepin> in the corner of the
puter room - right behind me!) DUH!

Soooo, the only creature not accounted for is da Big Dawg ...
"Oh CINDER dear ... what are you doing? C'mere, please."

<silence> ... "Cinder??" ... <more silence>
OK - i decide she's just <sippin> water (still) ... give her a minute.

A minute passes ... "Cinder??" ... What's that noise?
Sure doesn't sound like water bein <sipped> ...

This time I stand up to get a better view of the kitchen ...
Well - there's da Big Dawg ... back end towards me ... head down ...

:eek: EATING one of the bunch of four BANANAS she'd pulled off the counter!
:eek:

:rolleyes:
Well, they HAD gotten a bit "RIPE" ... and they were too close to the edge ...
But she's NEVER gone Counter Surfing in her life!

Somebody otta show her how to PEEL a Banana ...
can't believe the wrapper tastes all that great.

:rolleyes:

Pam
03-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Oh Cinder you should have waited for the KAT to knock them off the counter and onto the floor. Then your Papa wouldn't be accusing you of counter surfing but rather praising you for clean-up duty. ;) Cute story Phred and I can picture it all in my mind's eye. :)

My two have a couple of slices of my banana each morning, minus of course the *wrapper.* :D :p

Pawsitive Thinking
03-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Preferably in the hands of a monkey :D

Chilli
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Yellow with a tad of green. =]
Any brown specks on them and you won't see me reaching for it!

Pembroke_Corgi
03-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I voted "I don't like bananas" but I actually do- just not plain. I like banana bread, dried banana chips, and so on, but I cannot stand the texture of bananas plain. Too mushy...I've never been able to eat them like that. Even as a baby, my mom said I spit them out. :D

cyber-sibes
03-22-2007, 08:13 PM
They aren't ripe enough to eat till you see a few freckles! I like them in between the time they start to freckle and till they are freckly all over. Once they turn brown, it's banana bread time. I really really really hate them when they are too firm and have any green. Even all yellow is still to "unripe" for me!

K9karen
03-22-2007, 09:35 PM
I voted yellow with a tad of green. I like them FIRM! If they get the least bit freckled, they start getting mushy spots ... YUCK! :D

BINGO!

anna_66
03-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Before I will even touch said banana, it needs to be firm.....just barely ripe with a little green on the outside. It also must be very cold.....right out of the fridge.

Same here. I just don't like the way it tastes after it starts to get ripe. And it DEFINITELY has to be cold!

Flatcoatluver
03-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I will only eat it with a lot of freckles. I hate ripe bananas! :p